Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

18 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

no, he wasn't even playing towards the end of the year because he was bad when he did.

Seems like your plan is to run with Devin Booker at PG a lot next year with Okobo off the bench. I really hope you guys go small and play: 

PG - Devin Booker (6'6", 6'9" WS)

SG - Josh Jackson (6'8", 6'10" WS)

SF - Mikal Bridges (6'7", 7'1" WS)

PF - TJ Warren (6'8", 6'10" WS)

C - DeAndre Ayton (7'1", 7'5" WS)

So now that Melo has opted in, I wonder if the thunder would trade him for Ryan anderson, Nene and a 2019 1st round pick. 

They could then package that 1st and one of their own and maybe move Anderson to a 3rd team. Either way it saves them a ton of money and improves the fit on their team. 

all of this is only if PG signs a max deal with them, pushing them deep in the tax. 

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So now that Melo has opted in, I wonder if the thunder would trade him for Ryan anderson, Nene and a 2019 1st round pick. 

They could then package that 1st and one of their own and maybe move Anderson to a 3rd team. Either way it saves them a ton of money and improves the fit on their team. 

all of this is only if PG signs a max deal with them, pushing them deep in the tax. 

Give it up. No one is trading for Ryan Anderson. The 29th pick in the draft isn’t worth it. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I respect your push to find ways to get rid of Anderson but its a tough sell. 

Best bet is to look for a team that just started its tank but even then the assets being given arent worth it

Why would OKC do that? Melo comes off their books after next season. Anderson still has two years left on his deal. 

OKC has to either buy Melo out or just stick with him for one more season. 

Mozgov was just traded for 2nd round picks. He’s a worse player on a slightly better contract 

Um, he got traded so Charlotte wouldn't be in the luxury tax. Rockets wouldn't have been able to pull off the trade the Hornets did. Unless they wanted to buy out Howard's deal. 

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

IF you're Oklahoma City, and you're trying to convince Paul George to re-sign with them, why would you deal Carmelo for a guy that Houston buried on the bench in the playoffs?  For that reason alone, it's DOA.  But then you add in the fact that Ryan Anderson's contract extends another year, and it's not even close for me.

On 6/21/2018 at 1:27 AM, Buckrock101 said:

Disagree, since at least Batum can actually play. bad contract for sure, but he provides some value. Anderson's just a $20 million  liability

Batum can not play.

It's not just the contract. He's pretty bad now.

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

IF you're Oklahoma City, and you're trying to convince Paul George to re-sign with them, why would you deal Carmelo for a guy that Houston buried on the bench in the playoffs?  For that reason alone, it's DOA.  But then you add in the fact that Ryan Anderson's contract extends another year, and it's not even close for me.

Ryan Anderson is basically what the thunder want Melo to be. Stand in the corner and shoot 3s, I’m sure Melo isn’t a selling point for PG, because PG knows Melo is gone next year. 

14 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Batum can not play.

It's not just the contract. He's pretty bad now.

One of the dumbest contracts ever signed. There’s always been questions about his love for the game but magically he was great in his contract year. When will teams learn to ignore contract years?

Who says no?

Atlanta receives:
Chandler Parsons
Ben McLemore

Memphis receives:
Kent Bazemore
Dennis Schroder
2 2019 2nd Round Picks (highest and lowest of their 3)

Atlanta trades Schroder and Bazemore to make room for their young players and while Parsons makes the most, his contract expires before Schroder's.  They trade the 2 2nd rounders because of Schroder's extra year compared to Parsons and attitude issues.

Memphis wants to win (and won't have their 2019 1st rounder anyways) and Bazemore and Schroder both help.  With Evans a free agent and likely gone, Schroder can run the 2nd unit.  He's a ballhog, but Memphis needs that on their 2nd unit with a lack of scorers.  Memphis tried to sign Bazemore 2 years ago, and while he hasn't lived up to the contract, he's still a good defender and shooter and fills a huge need on the wing.  Memphis also gets 2 2nd round picks next year in a year they have no 1st rounder.

Archived