2022 Head Coach Thread

LORK88

On 2/5/2022 at 1:46 PM, ET80 said:

I'm very confident saying he's (McCown) going to fail, so giving him a chance is moot. He's basically a younger David Culley, someone who has no business being a HC. I'll attribute any perceived "overachieving" to a regression from our division.

So... it's another year where I tune out. 

Yet somehow, the end result is WORSE than this. I’m still of the belief that McCown would have been a disaster, but at least there’s a glimmer of growing into the role.

Lovie brings experience, at least? Everything else is a disaster.

Great job here, Nicky Sixx.

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Call me when Cal sells the team. I’m exhausted from the incompetency of the franchise.

So Cal basically burned 20 mil to hire Lovie? 

I mean I get rich people deal in things differently, but damn.

Apart of me hopes Janice is somewhat competent at 85 and sell this ****show

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I am willing to bet that our Caserios insistence on being on the head set and being involved in the gameplay aspect of the team is the reason he can’t find a coach. 

That probably has something to do with it but it’s definitely not the only thing. Caserio and gang just want control over way too many things to be able to attract a quality candidate.

Last year they had plenty of excuses (questions mark around Watson, no cap space, no 1st or 2nd round picks) as to why they couldn’t get someone better. This year there really is no excuses and it just speaks volumes to how dysfunctional the organization is that no legitimate candidate wants to go to Houston to coach.  From Cal to Nick to Jack, no one wants to work with (for) these people. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

So Cal basically burned 20 mil to hire Lovie? 

I mean I get rich people deal in things differently, but damn.

Apart of me hopes Janice is somewhat competent at 85 and sell this ****show

This is all speculation from that tweet, but it passes the smell test. $20mm is nothing to Cal, and the disregard for any sort of semblance of logic is on brand for Easterby/Caserio.

This franchise is seriously done in regards to being competitive. 

• Like 1

Yall thought I was joking when I said the Texans were going to announce the hire after the season ticket holder deadline thing.  They knew it would be Lovie all along.  They just wanted the sucker the Texans season ticket holders into renewing then announce. LOL brilliant if you ask me.

im whelmed, but I think they should have kept Culley for another year anyway since I doubt we'll be winning much this year, so its kind of a lateral move. if they want McCown, let him get some experience in coaching and build up the team a little so that they arent throwing him to the wolves right away