NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Of course "they" feel that way. "THEY" as a team are one of the most undisciplined units in the NFL. Its infinitely easier to blame everyone else then to take responsibility for your own actions as a player.

We're not talking about a game here or there. You don't lead the league two years in a row in penalties by accident or by NFL conspiracy. 

It starts with coaching and it ends with players. It's a culture thing in Dallas. Arguing otherwise is absurd.

A collective sample of 33 games would be more of a pattern of undisciplined play vs refs making poor calls.  

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Of course "they" feel that way. "THEY" as a team are one of the most undisciplined units in the NFL. Its infinitely easier to blame everyone else then to take responsibility for your own actions as a player.

We're not talking about a game here or there. You don't lead the league two years in a row in penalties by accident or by NFL conspiracy. 

It starts with coaching and it ends with players. It's a culture thing in Dallas. Arguing otherwise is absurd.

Sigh.

Again, none of the players solely blamed the refs for the loss. I don’t know why you even have an opinion without even knowing what was said by these players in full. There is a difference in feeling like your team is under the microscope because of playing for Dallas and totally blaming the outcome of the games on the refs (which no one did).

The team isn’t even saying there is a conspiracy… if anything, I feel like it’s entirely possible that officiating crews call the team like they do simply because their games draw a lot of views and it’s their chance to show how they want to call their games. I think simply saying the team just so happens to be the most undisciplined unit in the entire league every season is a bit convenient and lazy. Don’t think it’s wild to suggest they could be a little under the microscope… especially when every single thing about that team is under the microscope. Regardless, I’m just trying to paint the actual take that SOME (not all) of the players have had… because it has been totally misrepresented (of course).

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

I don’t know, I just think the age old “tHeYrE uNdIsCiPlNeD” idea is a little lazy and a little convenient. Also, as I’ve said in other posts, the players themselves have said they need to be better in order to do a better job of keeping the refs out of it. No one on the team simply blamed the refs for the loss. I’m not sure why people have opinions about this without actually listening to what the actual players said. 

So your argument is that the controversial statements are because they feel slighted by refs because they are scrutinized more than other teams with the proof being that they have so many penalties called on them(ie. it is justified).... but also its not like they just came out and blatantly blamed the refs for EVERYTHING so it isn't a big deal!

Your bias is showing. I listened to what your coach and QB said. Anyone can read between the lines of what they said yesterday and clearly come to the conclusion they thought the refs screwed them. Of course they aren't going to come out and say that specifically... they can't, but it is obviously what they believe.

Also, they are wildly undisciplined and the refs called a pretty good game last night. The Raiders game the night before was an example of a poorly officiated game, not the Cowboys game. Maybe if the Cowboys want to not be so penalized... they should work on committing less penalties! Just a thought tho...

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Your bias is showing. I listened to what your coach and QB said. Anyone can read between the lines of what they said yesterday and clearly come to the conclusion they thought the refs screwed them. Of course they aren't going to come out and say that specifically... they can't, but it is obviously what they believe.

I'm not sure how one could take Dak's about face regarding the throwing of trash at players vs refs otherwise. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So your argument is that the controversial statements are because they feel slighted by refs because they are scrutinized more than other teams with the proof being that they have so many penalties called on them(ie. it is justified).... but also its not like they just came out and blatantly blamed the refs for EVERYTHING so it isn't a big deal!

Also, they are wildly undisciplined and the refs called a pretty good game last night. The Raiders game the night before was an example of a poorly officiated game, not the Cowboys game. Maybe if the Cowboys want to not be so penalized... they should work on committing less penalties! Just a thought tho...

I mean, you’re showing that you haven’t listened to the team’s actual statements. They literally said they should work on committing less penalties… every single player that was asked about officiating stated that in some form. And yet the general sense is that they take no responsibility and simply shrug the loss off as something out of their control… even though that is not how the team acted in general. You can’t just take small snippets and use that to generalize the mentality of the entire football team. I think it’s possible to take personal responsibility while still feeling like your team is under a microscope and potentially being called tightly. Not sure why everything is so black and white with posters on here, and I wish people would stop trying to spin stories because of an obvious agenda. That agenda is really the only real bias I see here. I’m simply trying to paint a clearer picture of what was actually stated in these interviews.

The fact this is even a conversation piece is telling. If it was any other team would anyone even really care? People are soooo invested in this football team despite hating them… and as biased as you might find Dallas fans the bias on the other side is at least as bad.

Edited by NoFlyZone

33 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I think “violence” is a bit of a vague, intentionally disingenuous way of interpreting Dak being okay with the idea of fans throwing trash at refs instead of his teammates. It paints a much harsher picture of the situation. It seriously was not that serious, but people are just deciding to suddenly find their pearls and clutch at them because of course they are.

Don’t think anyone could truthfully think Dak was wishing actual harm to anyone. He’s been a high character guy his entire career. People need to chill. 

1) throwing objects at someone because you’re mad at them is violence. this is not debatable. 

2) High character guys don’t praise their fans for throwing trash at refs. He fooled you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

1) throwing objects at someone because you’re mad at them is violence. this is not debatable. 

2) High character guys don’t praise their fans for throwing trash at refs. He fooled you.

It’s a totally laughable generalization. For all we know he could have visualized fans throwing a napkin. You really think he’d condone someone actually getting hurt? There are degrees of violence, and if you actually think Dak was condoning something like assault vs something harmless you are being totally ridiculous. Again, there is so much pearl clutching going on here. 

And ah, yes, one statement about being okay with (in his mind) harmlessly giving the refs flak totally burns down his consistent (over many years) good image. Can we please all drop the ‘holier than thou’ images? It seriously was not a big deal and the overreaction is pretty much insane. No one actually thinks Dak was condoning someone getting hurt. 

This is a case of people simply believing what they want to believe.

Edited by NoFlyZone

14 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s a totally laughable generalization. For all we know he could have visualized fans throwing a napkin.

lmao this is some mental gymnastics 

You really think he’d condone some one actually getting hurt? There are degrees of violence, and if you actually think Dak was condoning something like assault vs something harmless you are being totally ridiculous. Again, there is so much pearl clutching going on here. 

nobody is saying dak was condoning injuring someone… injury isn’t a guaranteed byproduct of violence. 

you’re saying “dak doesn’t want anyone injured” so you don’t have to grapple with his classless statements about throwing objects at refs 

he even acknowledged the threat the refs felt by pointing out how quickly they left… totally showed his hand there

And ah, yes, one statement about being okay with (in his mind) harmlessly giving the refs flak

you can read his mind?

totally burns down his consistent (over many years) good image.

yeah that’s how it works sometimes. 

Can we please all drop the ‘holier than thou’ images?

nah, dak praised fans for throwing stuff at refs over a play he messed up. He deserves the bad press he gets. 

It seriously was not a big deal and the overreaction is pretty much insane. No one actually thinks Dak was condoning someone getting hurt. 

The “overreaction” is literally just people pointing out what he said.

It’s barely a reaction let alone an overreaction.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

I'm thoroughly convinced now that NFZ is either Matts burner account or they're actually related.

Has anyone ever seen the two of them in conversation with the other? I mean I know it's possible to use two seperate phones and post at the same time but, damn.

Keep up the good fight NoFlyMatts

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm thoroughly convinced now that NFZ is either Matts burner account or they're actually related.

Has anyone ever seen the two of them in conversation with the other? I mean I know it's possible to use two seperate phones and post at the same time but, damn.

Keep up the good fight NoFlyMatts

@Nabbs4u,

This isn't necessary. We don't make it about fans. I need you to stop.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

@Nabbs4u,

This isn't necessary. We don't make it about fans. I need you to stop.

Eh, it's my fault too. I'll check out of the conversation. At this point so much of this conversation isn't even about football and I suppose that's not the way it should be. I just honestly want to watch the games and not even get involved in these conversations... and yet here I am haha. Again, though, think I'm just checking out of it. 

(Though I do think Nabbs post was slightly humorous) 

Edited by NoFlyZone

2 minutes ago, AllThingsTN said:

😂😂

It’s even funnier when you realize dak was mad when he thought the fans were throwing stuff at him and his teammates… then the reporter suggested they were aiming at refs and suddenly it’s cool lol 

5 minutes ago, AllThingsTN said:

😂😂

I mean opposed to what? Doming some ref with a beer bottle and actually hurting someone? That's the only distinction I'm trying to make here. Don't think Dak was implying he wanted someone hurt... and I think things are kind of getting spun in that direction when they don't necessarily need to be.

^ That message applies to you, too, Dome. Said in here that I'm not going to keep going back and forth in here about this stuff, so I'll just leave it at that. Feel free to think whatever. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Don't think Dak was implying he wanted someone hurt.

Nobody has implied that dak was hoping for a ref to be injured.

You’re strawmanning and argument so you don’t have to a knowledge that what he said was classless and unbecoming of a team leader.