Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals: The wait, who's suiting up for us again Edition

Forge

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No need to fear, Jimmy G is here!!!!!

Even if he doesn't work out, it will be something different to watch.  Ugh.  I can't believe we used to complain about Alex Smith with a 13-3 record.  lol  How far we have fallen....

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

When considering the @big9erfan prediction of 100 running back receptions, I did not consider that the team would only have running backs healthy to catch passes. 

Ah, but Hyde is looking like a really nice receiver out of the backfield.  Make that nice receiver when flanked wide playing a WR position.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know we keep getting down early, but man the pass to run ratio is embarrassing. That better change when Garoppolo is at QB.

Yeah, its inexcusable. I don't understand how the best two players on that side of the ball right now, likely hyde and Breida, are denied the football so that we can put it in the hands of cj beathard. Grind that stuff out. Keep the defense as rested as possible. On a third and five, there should be legit questions on whether we run or pass

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yeah, its inexcusable. I don't understand how the best two players on that side of the ball right now, likely hyde and Breida, are denied the football so that we can put it in the hands of cj beathard. Grind that stuff out. Keep the defense as rested as possible. On a third and five, there should be legit questions on whether we run or pass

Like if we had a top 5 level QB, then I guess. But with what we have? It's unreal. The play actions and boot legs never work since teams know we aren't running it. How many times did the Cards call blitzes and just blast Beathard on PAs? Beathard is already facing an uphill battle with what he has and his own limitations, but by having him drop back and throw it three or four times more than running the ball is baffling. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

The defense doesn't get any more rest if we go 3 and out running instead of passing. Outside of a couple of games, when have Hyde and Breida shown to be able to move the chains consistently running? We complained again and again in the Nolan/Singletary/Jimmie Raye era about going run-run-pass-punt. Our running scheme and blocking this year hasn't really given me confidence that it would be any different. Kyle likes outside zones, but Carlos looks very slow running off tackle, in my opinion. He has a burst off of his cut, and that works well on inside runs, but it has been painful to watch him on outside runs. I can't see how a big emphasis won't be put on the OL next offseason. And I wouldn't be shocked if Hyde was allowed to walk. In the meantime, meh... it doesn't really matter what we do. IF we could actually establish a strong running game, I'd favor that, but I don't really see it happening with the guys we have here.

Archived