2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Is Kearse actually good? Would the Eagles be in on him at all? Would be nice to screw the Cowgirls and sign a decent safety at the same time.

He played really well for Dallas last year. More of a safety that’s better in the box with the ability to man up and cover TEs. I think he helped the Cowboys out a lot in that regard as they used to get killed by tight ends. Speaking of which we gave up the most tuddies to TEs last year at 14. The next most was 12 and 10.

He brought some energy/attitude to their defense and made a good amount of plays on the back end and was a real nice win for their front office on a cheap contract which lets be honest they don’t really do that too often. I thought he would probably be back if they threw him out a decent offer, but it doesn’t appear they did that. They signed Hooker. Probably put just about the same low contract in front of Kearse as they did Hooker. He might be feeling a little disrespected after a good year. Hooker played a lot less and dudes been banged up his whole career, so of course he would take the first contact the Cowboys put in front of him.

He also supposedly liked this last tweet, but unliked it shortly after.

Not sure what the Cowboys are offering him, but just like for them it would come down to money for us too. It’s not like he has a long track record of productive seasons like other safeties or provides that coverage on the back end. We kind of want our safeties to be able to do everything. I think we are gonna try and wait it out till the price for some of these guys goes down.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Agreed with Greg on Woods. If he’s back healthy he would make sense as a veteran to add to the room. I think if you asked Cooper Kupp who on the Rams he’s most grateful to and probably helped him the most it’s Robert Woods who I didn’t realize is only a little over a year older than Kupp. He came in the league 4 years ahead of Kupp, so he was a vet already when he got to the Rams in 2017. Great person and a technician as a route runner. Even DeVonta could learn stuff with him in the room. I do value an experienced receiver being in the room, so if he does become made available with a release I would be giving a quick call to his agent.

22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Agreed with Greg on Woods. If he’s back healthy he would make sense as a veteran to add to the room. I think if you asked Cooper Kupp who on the Rams he’s most grateful to and probably helped him the most it’s Robert Woods who I didn’t realize is only a little over a year older than Kupp. He came in the league 4 years ahead of Kupp, so he was a vet already when he got to the Rams in 2017. Great person and a technician as a route runner. Even DeVonta could learn stuff with him in the room. I do value an experienced receiver being in the room, so if he does become made available with a release I would be giving a quick call to his agent.

If it only costs one of our 5ths and we can’t get JuJu, I’m in