2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I figured Gretzky's kid was probably the instigator in that situation. Think there had been tension between the two for a while before that. Corral probably just got tired of the rich prick cause he wasn't popular at that school cause of his name or what his daddy donated, but cause he had superior football talent and got a scholarship which allowed him to play there. 

Wayne and his wife used to come in to this restaurant I worked at and order crap not even on the menu. I spilt a coke on him once. It's my claim to infamy. I was fired later that day.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, babyatemydingo said:

The guys I'd want at WR in FA are DJ Chark and James Washington.  I think both are good, but both could be better.

I ran a simulation at FanSpeak and got both for $16M (10 and 6, respectively).  I thought Chark was cheap and Washington expensive.

(I was also able to afford Hassan Reddick, Malik Hooker and Mackensie Alexander as well as re-signing Genard Avery and Josh Sweat.

I'd be pretty disappointed in that. 

Washington is pretty meh and Chark had a down year and is more of a linear speed guy. Not sure that's what we need.

Also, if the goal is to bring in a vet receiver than neither of those guys really fit the bill as both are younger than Greg Ward.

I don't understand why we would sign Avery. We already re-signed Josh Sweat last year. Where are you expecting Reddick to play? Don't think I could trust Hooker to stay healthy. Also, why are you signing Alexander? 

31 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Would be an amazing addition if it happened and as much as some of us would love a safety in the draft we just know Roseman doesn't target safeties high in the draft and he has been fine paying a safety in FA like with Jenkins and McLeod. A free safety that plays at a high level consistently and is only 25 years old would never typically hit the open market.

Yeah he checks all the Howie buy boxes, hopefully Jenkins can talk up the city to him. Even if thinks ended a bit sour.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Utah QB Cameron Rising went to one of my rival high schools. Matt Corral went to Oaks Christian before transferring after getting into a fight with Wayne Gretzky's kid and getting blackballed. Oaks Christian is about 4 miles from my home. The school Rising went to is about 4 miles in the opposite direction. We aren't taking Corral (I think he'll be first QB off the board after some team is wowed by his pro day throwing session), but maybe Rising next year after we officially give up on Hurts?

Makes me like Corral more.

But yeah he’s probably long gone

12 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I wonder how much he'd command?

Spotrac has his market value pegged at 13.5 million.

That would put him as the 8th highest paid safety behind Jamal Adams, Harrison Smith, Justin Simmons, Budda Baker, Eddie Jackson, Kevin Byard, and Landon Collins.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Spit in his coke?

lmao thats hilarious though

No, didn't spit in it (you don't mess with peoples food or drink- that's a greenlight to get your face stomped). Accidentally spilled it on him. I was sliding his glass of coke, but the table had an uneven split I didn't notice. Crash and splash. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Christian Kirk is the FA WR I'd want.
Draft one of Treylon/G Wilson/Dotson to be the #2, with Quez and Kirk rotating as the 3rd and 4th WR's.

I wouldn't mind Kirk. He probably wouldn't break the bank either.

It's too bad that Reagor couldn't get out of his own head and play better and provide us what Kirk does on a rookie contract.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No, didn't spit in it (you don't mess with peoples food or drink- that's a greenlight to get your face stomped). Accidentally spilled it on him. I was sliding his glass of coke, but the table had an uneven split I didn't notice. Crash and splash. 

Ah okay. You always hear about restaurant workers supposedly spitting in drinks of rude customers, but damn seems like an honest mistake. You got fired for that? I mean I doubt you cared that much about it, but still.