2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm not sure he'll get that much, but I do think Spotrac's valuation is on the low side.

Could be a little lower.

It’s around where a lot of other guys are already who got in house extensions, so gotta factor in some open market bidding for him. He’ll turn 26 the day of the opening Thursday night game of the season. Going to have to outbid people for him.

Howie would be able to get that actual number down and make it work.

55 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Christian Kirk is the FA WR I'd want.
Draft one of Treylon/G Wilson/Dotson/London to be the #2, with Quez and Kirk rotating as the 3rd and 4th WR's.

Yeah, Kirk might be the number one WR I think we should target in FA. I really like him if we can get him for the right price. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Spotrac has his market value pegged at 13.5 million.

That would put him as the 8th highest paid safety behind Jamal Adams, Harrison Smith, Justin Simmons, Budda Baker, Eddie Jackson, Kevin Byard, and Landon Collins.

I'd give him that. I'd love to sign him, draft a guy in rounds 1 or 2, and let those 2 plus Epps rotate as the 3 guys. 

On 1/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, Kiltman said:

Only FA I’d count on making the open market would be Marcus Williams. Saints are broke

I think Justin Reid is a possibility. I know he had quite a few issues with Culley (it seems a few players on that defense did) but even with Culley canned I could see him wanting to get away from that awful franchise.

On 1/22/2022 at 9:38 PM, babyatemydingo said:

The guys I'd want at WR in FA are DJ Chark and James Washington.  I think both are good, but both could be better.

I ran a simulation at FanSpeak and got both for $16M (10 and 6, respectively).  I thought Chark was cheap and Washington expensive.

(I was also able to afford Hassan Reddick, Malik Hooker and Mackensie Alexander as well as re-signing Genard Avery and Josh Sweat.

I think Chark is far more talented, but he's also never been able to play a whole season. I'd still love to see him across from Smith though.

29 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

From the inside the birds podcast:

Eagles were very high on DJ Chark coming out. He might have been the pick if Goedart was gone. Eagles have two former Jags FO execs who drafted Chark in their FO now.

Some good connections that could make him a logical FA target 

Yeah we have Dave Caldwell who was the Jags GM from 2013-2020. He came over this offseason.

I'm sure he's the one who had the influence on us trading for Minshew this past year and also trading a late rounder for Josiah Scott before that. He came after the Malik Jackson signing, so I don't know if whoever the other person we brought in from the Jags was responsible for that.

But, yeah those connections definitely make Chark a probable target. I think he has some medical stuff, but if he's good on that end he would be a solid option. It's not my ideal scenario for a 2nd receiver, but if its the right price and he's healthy I could get on board.

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

From the inside the birds podcast:

Eagles were very high on DJ Chark coming out. He might have been the pick if Goedart was gone. Eagles have two former Jags FO execs who drafted Chark in their FO now.

Some good connections that could make him a logical FA target 

I’d be down

Marcus Williams, and Chark would be two good additions. If they are looking to spend go for Barr or some of these vet edges and LBs.

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I’d be down

Marcus Williams, and Chark would be two good additions. If they are looking to spend go for Barr or some of these vet edges and LBs.

Williams, Chark and Barr would be a great and pretty realistic free agency.

Then go get Sauce, Travon Walker and Lloyd or Dean in the first. David Bell in the second and im feeling sexy all over lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Williams, Chark and Barr would be a great and pretty realistic free agency.

Then go get Sauce, Travon Walker and Lloyd or Dean in the first. David Bell in the second and im feeling sexy all over lol

Travon Walker is underrated IMO.

it's amazing how many EDGE rushers are creeping up in this class.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:45 PM, ninjapirate said:

I wonder if Slay and Diggs friendship might make him come here.

Could use the safety upgrade.

So is Minka Fitzpatrick not available? He under contract 5th year? Getting Tagged? We'd need to trade for him? Send it!

That should be priority #1. Get that game changer in house Howie!!!

One of the top priorities will be signing two-time All-Pro safety Minkah Fitzpatrick to a contract extension. He will make $10.6 million on a fifth-year option the Steelers exercised last year if he’s not signed to a contract extension