2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Personally I'm fine with either keeping or cutting Seumalo. June 1sting him saves $5.5M

Yeah I don't think I'd be upset with either outcome. The dude just can't stay healthy and I don't have a lot of tolerance for guys like that. If he was consistently healthy I'd love to have him. 

Seumalo will be here next season. As hurt as he has been, Driscoll has also proven to be fragile and while I love Herby he just isn't up to par with the other two talent wise. I'd say the only way we move him is if something super flashy happens and we have to make cap space badly. Reality is our OG's are really good players, but all need reliable backups. Seumalo, Driscoll, Dickerson all have serious injury concerns. Even if we draft a RG, I'd hold onto him for one more year.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Seumalo will be here next season. As hurt as he has been, Driscoll has also proven to be fragile and while I love Herby he just isn't up to par with the other two talent wise. I'd say the only way we move him is if something super flashy happens and we have to make cap space badly. Reality is our OG's are really good players, but all need reliable backups. Seumalo, Driscoll, Dickerson all have serious injury concerns. Even if we draft a RG, I'd hold onto him for one more year.

Bingo. Sad reality with Driscoll early in his career, but hopefully he stays healthy from now on.

When we signed Seumalo I thought it was an incredibly underrated value signing. I thought we got him pretty cheap for a starter quality guard. Obviously being banged up has limited how much value we've got out of that contract and now he's going into the most expensive year of his deal which still isn't much at a 7.6 million cap hit. 

My hope is Seumalo has a great 2022 for us and can go out there on the market and get one pretty good contract for his career. I know it won't be here, but he's a great guy and beloved in the OL room and it would be cool to see him get it.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

The Eagles definitely wouldn't release Seumalo. 

If you were to release Seumalo you would basically be pushing Kelce into retirement.

Also, fwiw.... PFF had him graded higher in his limited snaps than any other interior player besides Kelce. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Sweaty getting the pro bowl nod?

Must have been a slow year. I like him but was he pro bowl? 

Definitely is not a “pro bowl caliber” player, no chance. Above average starter is where he’s at.

However, I don’t know have the rest of the league’s DEs in front of me to say he didn’t deserve the alternative nod.

On 1/22/2022 at 9:51 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'd be pretty disappointed in that. 

Washington is pretty meh and Chark had a down year and is more of a linear speed guy. Not sure that's what we need.

Also, if the goal is to bring in a vet receiver than neither of those guys really fit the bill as both are younger than Greg Ward.

I don't understand why we would sign Avery. We already re-signed Josh Sweat last year. Where are you expecting Reddick to play? Don't think I could trust Hooker to stay healthy. Also, why are you signing Alexander? 

Alexander is strictly a guy I like who I think could be better.
He won't cost anything and shouldn't be much a point of contention.
I also, think he could see spot duty at FS.

Washington, too, is unrealized potential.
Everybody wants to sign $100M worth of FA's.
You have to cut corners somewhere.

I think you are dead wrong on Chark.
He is my number one priority, just a great receiver on a bad team.

The notion that they aren't older than Greg Ward is, well, huh?
They are younger than Harold Carmichael, too.
I am not sure what point you are making.
They are both veteran receivers and are young.
Those are both plusses in my book.

Hooker missed 14 games one season.
He's averaged over 14 games in his other three.
He played well last year and the Cowboys can't afford to re-sign everyone.

Avery is just depth at both DE and LB.
He is not welcome back if he wants a great deal of money.
But, I suspect that will not be the case.

Reddick is strictly for pash rush.
The Eagles need pass rushers.
Maybe they get a little hometown discount.

Assuming Bates gets franchised, just bring me Marcus Williams, Howard. Is that too much for a boy to ask?

I'd be pretty good with Juju as a vet WR add. Big Ben has been throwing ducks for the last couple seasons. I think he is still a pretty good WR especially staying in the slot. Then get one of the big body guys in the draft. (London, Wilson, Burks, Pickens, Doubs, Ross)