2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

Travon Walker is underrated IMO.

it's amazing how many EDGE rushers are creeping up in this class.

Was wondering why he doesn’t get talked about a lot. One of him or Jermaine Johnson should be there for us. This is a pretty solid edge class.

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If Gannon gets the job in Houston what does our defensive scheme even look like next year?

No clue, like I’m not even sure Dennard Wilson (who’d probably be the internal hire) would keep the same scheme.

If Gannon leaves, who all does he take?

If Dennis Allen doesn’t get the NOLA job he could be someone they go after, would help with getting Marcus Williams.

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If Gannon gets the job in Houston what does our defensive scheme even look like next year?

As much as I want to say just hire the best guy regardless of scheme, I really don't feel like going through that awkward 2ish year process of phasing out all of the guys who fit the previous scheme and don't fit the new one.

58 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

No clue, like I’m not even sure Dennard Wilson (who’d probably be the internal hire) would keep the same scheme.

If Gannon leaves, who all does he take?

If Dennis Allen doesn’t get the NOLA job he could be someone they go after, would help with getting Marcus Williams.

Oh god Dennis Allen created some dang good defenses. I would love to target him if Gannon is hired.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:29 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

As much as I want to say just hire the best guy regardless of scheme, I really don't feel like going through that awkward 2ish year process of phasing out all of the guys who fit the previous scheme and don't fit the new one.

maybe replace the zimmer disciple with the man himself?

So what's everyone's thoughts on the Guard position moving forward? (Only listed main)

G - Brandon Brooks - Retired

LG - Landon Dickerson - KEEP AT LG

G - Isaac Seumalo - 29 Years Old, 7 Million Cap Hit/Savings - Has played only 1 full season whole career (12 Games - last 2 seasons) *Trade Candidate - 4th or 5th or package? Bengals? Jacksonville?

G - Nate Herbig - Servicable , RFA - Cheap Resign - Depth, Not Perm Starter IMO

G - Jack Driscoll - Serviceable , Young - Moreso Depth IMO

My opinion Need to Cut Seumalo and put towards another Guard to Start at RG or Draft a RG, Even though we will most likely need to draft a C already. Market Value for Guards is estimated to be 8 - 15 Million for a starter - Who would you want and what would you offer?

Free Agent options 

G - James Daniels - My top Pick - 5 Years / 55 Million - Highly doubt he reaches FA , However you never know

G - Austin Corbett - 2nd Pick - 4 Years / 48 Million - Cap Hell Team - Great Age - 

G - Connor Williams - 3rd pick - 5 Years / 48 Million - HIgh Penalties last season - Would be an improvement over Isaac

Draft - hows your rankings look, Spend a 1st on a Guard or Center?