2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

On 4/22/2022 at 10:25 PM, JarrodR86 said:

I’d still like to see happen, although some may require having post June 1 cap space:

Sign Tyrann Matheiu (post June 1)

Trade Abram + a 2023 5th for James Bradberry (could probably fit in cap now)

Sign Julio Jones or OBJ (post June 1)

Draft - Address depth at OG/OT, speed receiver, LB and DT.. we should be able to find that with our 3rd, 4th, two 5ths and a 7th. 

Safety group solid with Moehrig and Matheiu starting.. Harmon, Teamer and Gillespie as reserves

Cornerback set with Bradberry as our new #1 with a battle of Mullen, Ya-Sin, Everett and Phillips as the #2 with a good group as backups + Hobbs locking down the slot.

WR room would be stacked with Davante, Julio/OBJ, Renfrow, Edwards, D. Robinson and say a pick like Danny Gray or another speedster.. Hollins and Johnson would probably be cut unless kept for PR/KR.

OL I’m not as down about it as some, but still wish they would have signed someone better than Parker for a few million more and still could but who knows.. Kolton, Good, James, Leatherwood and Parker could be a solid unit with Better coaching, or Leatherwood could make a 2nd year jump at RT like Kolton and a draft pick could battle it out with Simpson at one of the guard spots opposite Good and Parker then becomes the swing tackle. Fair amount of possibilities!

This would be great! We’ll see, to be continued.....🤞👍

1 hour ago, RaisinBran said:

Thought I saw a rumor the Packers were trying to trade for Waller. Any thoughts on this if true?

Plenty of discussion in the Random Raider Stuff thread about it.

Thankfully looks to be just baseless media speculation.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Third thread I've read this in.  Apparently it's all we are talking about right now.  Luckily Twitter is clearing things up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Third thread I've read this in.  Apparently it's all we are talking about right now.  Luckily Twitter is clearing things up.

Yea thought it made most sense to be talked about in here but didn't see it anywhere. Not on the forum as much as I used to be!

1 hour ago, RaisinBran said:

Yea thought it made most sense to be talked about in here but didn't see it anywhere. Not on the forum as much as I used to be!

With as much as it was talked about it could have been its own thread.

7 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Once I saw the guy who first brought he rumor to light on wifi willies channel it quickly became obvious the guys a Cool dude but definitely not an insider or “connected” at all.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would take him a heart beat, especially for cheap. I think in June we are going be able to sign 3-4 value vets or maybe a big fish like Honey Badger 

I personally think he has been waiting for June 1st cuts.  I think a handful of big name FAs are holding out until June 1st hits because they know a handful of teams will have cap space opening up.  I wouldn't be surprised if we do sign someone after June 1st who is a big name.  I'm sure we've told a player or two to wait for June 1st so we can sign them.  

Just my thoughts.

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I feel like it wouldve been part of the Adams trade if true. 

NFL rules won't allow a player to be traded for another player on the franchise tag. News (rumors) came out that they were trying to get Waller in the trade but the NFL told them it was against the rules and they had to go back to the negotiating table for picks only. This is why the Waller rumors are picking up steam again, they still wanted Waller. (albiet they look dead now) 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

NFL rules won't allow a player to be traded for another player on the franchise tag. News (rumors) came out that they were trying to get Waller in the trade but the NFL told them it was against the rules and they had to go back to the negotiating table for picks only. This is why the Waller rumors are picking up steam again, they still wanted Waller. (albiet they look dead now) 

Hmm I guess that makes sense. 
seems dumb that the nfl would block that, but then let us turn around and trade Waller for our 2nd round back haha. 

but just one of those loopholes if you really want the trade to happen I guess. 

Thanks I actually didnt know that though, I thought as longs as everyone agreed it was fine.