2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At CB we have Mullen/Hobbs, I don't think we have a major hole at 2 CB spots. 

Andre James is average at center, don't think that's a major hole.

Good/Leatherwood could pencil in as starting guards, just depends on what the new staff thinks of them.

Jabril Peppers had success at SS under Graham and has a similar skill-set to Abram.

RT, WR, DT, CB are definitely major holes though.

Mullen is unproven, coming off injury and there is no depth at that position. Hobbs needs to show he can stay out of the news before I trust him going forward. 

James is a liability. Still a below average player imo. If not for the hot mess at G and OT, he would have been on blast a lot more here. 

Going into the season with Leatherwood and Good as starters is asking for disaster. Don't hand Mayock's mistake a starting job "just because" and Good is 31, coming off injury and was serviceable to begin with. 

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Mullen is unproven, coming off injury and there is no depth at that position. Hobbs needs to show he can stay out of the news before I trust him going forward. 

James is a liability. Still a below average player imo. If not for the hot mess at G and OT, he would have been on blast a lot more here. 

Going into the season with Leatherwood and Good as starters is asking for disaster. Don't hand Mayock's mistake a starting job "just because" and Good is 31, coming off injury and was serviceable to begin with. 

You sound like me last year with the o-line.  Same scenario but different players.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You sound like me last year with the o-line.  Same scenario but different players.

James was adequate last season, I still think we need another OG/RT but if we add guys at those spots I think Kolton, James, Good/Leatherwood, 2 FA should be an upgrade.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

James was adequate last season, I still think we need another OG/RT but if we add guys at those spots I think Kolton, James, Good/Leatherwood, 2 FA should be an upgrade.

I like Good but I would put him close to the same position as Incognito last year.  James was two different players last year.  Hopefully he just needed to get his feet wet and will be ready to go this year.  He did what I said he would and struggled in the beginning and got better as the year went on.  Leatherwood is a wild card and high risk.  Kolton is a good.  RT is up in the air.  Depth is lacking and Parker backing up Miller is the only spot I fell good about.  With a new coach and possible scheme everything could change but right now I am very cautious.  We are thin with question marks so what happens if/when somebody gets hurt.  Last years scenario of the team around Carr sucking impacts his play and we do not know how good he is played out like I said it would.  So are we looking at year 6 of excuses and question marks around Carr.  This team is so frustrating.  Just sign value FAs and build some depth.  Sign a vet RT, G, and draft some depth if value falls to you.  If a player like Penning falls to 22 grab him.  If Lucas is there in the 3rd grab him.  Hopefully we can stop trying to be the smartest guys in the room and just make moves that are not stupid.

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Jackson is going to command a ton of money and I'm not really sure that's the best way to spend it. 

Would like Goldman though

Jackson so appealing but if Donte Jonhnson was 5-7 mill less per year then u can use that for another guy