2022 draft talk

bucsfan333

21 minutes ago, indifference said:

Davis is better but I like Wyatt’s 3 down ability more. Good point though, Davis comes in and we can move Vea around. Vea as a 3-4 DE in the Gholston role would be deadly. He’d be pretty much blocked one on one. Bowles actually have to play the guy though. Vea playing 40% of snaps during that Rams game was unacceptable.

With his contract extension, Bowles almost is now required to play Vea more.  Getting him more on the outside shoulder of a guard more often should give him a chance for more reps.  Jones and Lewis can definitely take more reps at NT.  I do think the chances of Wyatt dropping to 27 are slim, unless medical or character 

Jaquan Brisker S - not interested, nothing on his highlights really popped or did anything for me. Cine, Hill, Pitre are better prospects imo

Myjai Sanders Edge - shows some real explosion off the edge, but he is a quite undersized, that said, he showed a some considerable strength on some bull rushes occasionally. Probably a 3rd or 4th rounder but do to size id rather gamble in the 4th

Kyler Gordon CB - seems solid against both the pass and run. More of a 2nd round grade to me though. Nothing too flashy but did have some athletic ints.

Nick Bonitto Edge - seems weak against college OTs. decent first step but not much acceleration AT ALL after that. no thanks

Drake Jackson Edge - his athleticism impressed me. He shows a nice first step and has the speed to run ppl down. would be a good prospect with a high ceiling in round 2. (much better prospect than Mafe, Enagbare)

Arnold Ebiketie Edge - Great burst , a little undersized but not by much and shows good strength. Does a good job shedding blocks. Him and Jackson are neck and neck for me. another good 2nd rounder possibly.

Cameron Thomas Edge- Great size for a 3-4 end. Plays the run well. nice 2nd or 3rd round guy with some upside. I'd say he comes in behind Jackson and Ebiketie.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:56 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Jaquan Brisker S - not interested, nothing on his highlights really popped or did anything for me. Cine, Hill, Pitre are better prospects imo

Myjai Sanders Edge - shows some real explosion off the edge, but he is a quite undersized, that said, he showed a some considerable strength on some bull rushes occasionally. Probably a 3rd or 4th rounder but do to size id rather gamble in the 4th

Kyler Gordon CB - seems solid against both the pass and run. More of a 2nd round grade to me though. Nothing too flashy but did have some athletic ints.

Nick Bonitto Edge - seems weak against college OTs. decent first step but not much acceleration AT ALL after that. no thanks

Drake Jackson Edge - his athleticism impressed me. He shows a nice first step and has the speed to run ppl down. would be a good prospect with a high ceiling in round 2. (much better prospect than Mafe, Enagbare)

Arnold Ebiketie Edge - Great burst , a little undersized but not by much and shows good strength. Does a good job shedding blocks. Him and Jackson are neck and neck for me. another good 2nd rounder possibly.

Cameron Thomas Edge- Great size for a 3-4 end. Plays the run well. nice 2nd or 3rd round guy with some upside. I'd say he comes in behind Jackson and Ebiketie.

Gordon was someone I’d like to draft at CB if we got DT first. Super athletic and can matchup on smaller WRS in the slot. The last three guys you mention would be terrific OLB depth pickups to rotate in. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Gordon was someone I’d like to draft at CB if we got DT first. Super athletic and can matchup on smaller WRS in the slot. The last three guys you mention would be terrific OLB depth pickups to rotate in. 

I do like Gordon but some ppl have him rising into the 1st and personally I think there is a bit of a cliff fall after the top 4 CBs. So I'd prefer Gordon in rd 2 but I guess I wouldn't hate it at 27 either. 

I'm I'm big favor of our 1st being either a CB or DL/Edge.

I wouldn't mind going edge in rd2 with one of those guys EVEN IF we got Wyatt in round 1. Our DL needs more youth.

13 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I do like Gordon but some ppl have him rising into the 1st and personally I think there is a bit of a cliff fall after the top 4 CBs. So I'd prefer Gordon in rd 2 but I guess I wouldn't hate it at 27 either. 

I'm I'm big favor of our 1st being either a CB or DL/Edge.

I wouldn't mind going edge in rd2 with one of those guys EVEN IF we got Wyatt in round 1. Our DL needs more youth.

Gordon in the first would be a shocker. Guy ran a 4.5 at the combine and he only stands 5’11. Dont see that one happening. I’m all for DL/OLB depth lord knows we need more talent. 

Dylan Parham OG - looks to be a better pass blocker than run blocker imo he anchors down but doesnt drive his oposition back much, not sure where he goes but imo theres better edge prospects in the 2nd round to target than a Guard like him. He could develop down the line 

Alec Pierce WR - possession WR thats tall and has a good radius. poor mans Jordy Nelson imo 

Phidarian Mathis DI - great strength and push + explosive combo id say hes the 4 best interior DLine guy after Logan Hall

Cole Strange OG - small school guy that Licht always loves. He's got good power coming out of his stance and does a good job getting to the second level to find LBs. Could be a 3rd round gem if he develops right but i think he's starting to creep into 2nd round territory after what he showed at the senior bowl.

David Bell WR - smooth route runner, average size but has some underrated agility. I wouldnt want to take him rd 2 but if he fell further he'd be worth a flier bc he could be a lot better pro than college player. Route running has to be his best quality and would translate well.

Amare Barno Edge - kinda under weight for an edge at 245 but at 6-4 he could still pack 10lbs and if he kept his explosion he'd be solid. He's a late guy like 5th or later that could develop.

Brandon Smith LB - could be an inside LB or play Edge at 6'4 255. He does a good job shedding blocks and chasing down runners. Has surprising closing speed. we dont really need a LB though and he'd probably go somewhere in the 3rd  which is higher than id like to draft a LB. but if he played some Edge he could be worth the pick.

Ed Ingram OG - quick for his size would be a perfect mid round Guard to take if we miss out on on earlier. Gets to the 2nd level alot and held his own against SEC competition.

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Dylan Parham OG - looks to be a better pass blocker than run blocker imo he anchors down but doesnt drive his oposition back much, not sure where he goes but imo theres better edge prospects in the 2nd round to target than a Guard like him. He could develop down the line 

Alec Pierce WR - possession WR thats tall and has a good radius. poor mans Jordy Nelson imo 

Phidarian Mathis DI - great strength and push + explosive combo id say hes the 4 best interior DLine guy after Logan Hall

Cole Strange OG - small school guy that Licht always loves. He's got good power coming out of his stance and does a good job getting to the second level to find LBs. Could be a 3rd round gem if he develops right but i think he's starting to creep into 2nd round territory after what he showed at the senior bowl.

David Bell WR - smooth route runner, average size but has some underrated agility. I wouldnt want to take him rd 2 but if he fell further he'd be worth a flier bc he could be a lot better pro than college player. Route running has to be his best quality and would translate well.

Amare Barno Edge - kinda under weight for an edge at 245 but at 6-4 he could still pack 10lbs and if he kept his explosion he'd be solid. He's a late guy like 5th or later that could develop.

Brandon Smith LB - could be an inside LB or play Edge at 6'4 255. He does a good job shedding blocks and chasing down runners. Has surprising closing speed. we dont really need a LB though and he'd probably go somewhere in the 3rd  which is higher than id like to draft a LB. but if he played some Edge he could be worth the pick.

Ed Ingram OG - quick for his size would be a perfect mid round Guard to take if we miss out on on earlier. Gets to the 2nd level alot and held his own against SEC competition.

How do u feel about Mathis at 60?

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

How do u feel about Mathis at 60?

I wouldn't mind it at all

I don't think that Mathis would fall to our 3rd. I'd prefer it if we couldn't get Wyatt or Jones at 27. If we got for example Dax Hill or Zion or my draft crush 😍 Booth and then followed that up with Mathis that would be great.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Agreed 100% with your assessment. He's definitely sitting on that late 2nd - mid 3rd right now. He's definitely going to be a guy high on Licht's board.  

Just now, ravishingone said:

I've read there are potential character issues with Wyatt.  Take that with a grain of salt.  Outside of Jameis, I cannot remember Licht drafting a prospect in the 1st rd with any off field issues.

Yeah I heard that as well. It may affect his draft stock 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I've read there are potential character issues with Wyatt.  Take that with a grain of salt.  Outside of Jameis, I cannot remember Licht drafting a prospect in the 1st rd with any off field issues.

article? Twitter? just curious, as to what was said. i havent read anything about it yet

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Scratch him off.