Are the Chiefs the bad guys?

notthatbluestuff

yes, that happens when you win. And you can say this and that, deflategate, spygate or whatever about us but at the end of the day it doesn't matter and you are not liked by the majority of people when you always win. There is always 1 franchise each decade that is better than everyone else and the Chiefs have a great chance to be that franchise in the 20s.

Nobody cared about the Patriots before they won. And even after Brady left New England, we had people rooting against him because they connected him to New England and were tired of the same person winning.

You can pick the most likeable franchise in the NFL and if they won 2-3 Super Bowls, they would be hated.

It's all a product of winning, that's why people will root against the Chiefs when they face the Bengals and also if they make the SB, they will root for LA or SF.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

yes, that happens when you win. And you can say this and that, deflategate, spygate or whatever about us but at the end of the day it doesn't matter and you are not liked by the majority of people when you always win. There is always 1 franchise each decade that is better than everyone else and the Chiefs have a great chance to be that franchise in the 20s.

Nobody cared about the Patriots before they won. And even after Brady left New England, we had people rooting against him because they connected him to New England and were tired of the same person winning.

You can pick the most likeable franchise in the NFL and if they won 2-3 Super Bowls, they would be hated.

It's all a product of winning, that's why people will root against the Chiefs when they face the Bengals and also if they make the SB, they will root for LA or SF.

I don't know - was Jordan hated? 

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

Interesting, thank you - by neutrals or just rival fans? 

Rival fans, mostly. I think any NY Knicks fan hated him with a passion, that was his biggest in division rival IIRC.

11 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

You guys also had the Bellichick and Brady aspect though. Both quite easy to dislike, for outsiders. BB comes across terribly, and has a history of effin' people/franchises over. Brady is fake as all hell. Really super nice and chill, unless things aren't going his way, then he turns into the world's biggest brat. 

Not to mention the length of time you were at the top. I'm not saying KC are likeable, but we'll surely never be anywhere neat as easy to dislike as New England

I didn't care for the 'gates', that did feel like sour grapes to me personally. 

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I can say with confidence, that is NOT the consensus on the internet. Regarding Mahomes, anyway. Not Reid. Everyone does love Reid. But I see stuff all the time about how Mahomes is arrogant or irritating or overhyped. Announcers talk about him too much, he's in too many commercials, he asks for flags too much, gets bailed out too much, etc. Win enough, you'll definitely become disliked enough to be the villain.

I think that's partly due to his annoying wife and brother.

I’m a Raider fan and am mostly fine with KCs success. Chargers should never win, and the Broncos need a slightly longer period of suffering. KC growing up was great RBs and OL and no success. They have mostly paid their dues and Mahomes is very fun to watch. I do appreciate they looked beatable at times this year.

edit: reminds me of 90s Farve Packers

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

Brady is Thanos in Marvel’s end game. The ultimate and most powerful enemy. He was defeated and the movies go on. There are still new villains but nobody actually cares about them because the big bad was bigger and badder, so now we just yawn and passively follow their attempts to match the ultimate enemy.

The Chiefs are the new villains following Thanos in end game. Yeah they’re technically the bad guy but nobody actually cares because they’ll never be as bad as Thanos. 

(if you want to get into their more unsavoury members of their team that’s another thing, but I don’t feel like going there today) 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

4 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Kansas City Chiefs Finger Guns GIF by Microsoft Surface

Super Bowl Football GIF

Dunno what you mean ...

Can’t wait until he retires. I’ve literally never watched an AFC West where there’s not been an elite TE shredding us every game.

Tony Gonzalez straight into Antonio Gates and now Kelce - with some crossover.

Eagerly awaiting Denver drafting some generational TE in the next couple of years.

Edited by Nightmare