Are the Chiefs the bad guys?

notthatbluestuff

I like Mahomes

The Brady/BB era of the Patriots was easy to hate because they played boring fundamental football with highlights on non-flashy bend but don't break defense, short TOP eating passing game, and a team policy to be as dry as possible with the media. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Those 13-3 seasons, then bounced out of the playoffs in the first game were painful to watch. It happened like 3 times! Chiefs fans definitely suffered, must feel great to have an elite team now. 

Yeah honestly we were some of the worst 1st seeds ever and had terrible luck. 

Mariota threw a pass which deflected back to himself for a TD, Andrew Luck fumbled and it bounced right back to his hands for a TD, best kicker in the league in Lin Elliot Missing kicks, no punts allowed to Mannning, etc.

Its like a lifetime of torture was all worth it now, in glad i stuck around for it

Edited by Chiefer

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Those 13-3 seasons, then bounced out of the playoffs in the first game were painful to watch. It happened like 3 times! Chiefs fans definitely suffered, must feel great to have an elite team now. 

I could write a book on playoff failures lol

Hmmm... I think, as an example, Rodgers became an outright villain this season with the totality of his drama.  I can see the Chefs, as of now, being somewhat an antagonist.  There is a bit of a difference (people will root in general for the underdog more, so Chefs are positioned as the favorites, but there's not really this horrible act you can point to).  

Naw not bad guys. Big thing Kansas City doesn't have that New England does/did have is 50,000 reporters on every single channel, website, podcast, etc. that grew up as fans of their team. I think Nick Wright is the only "notable" talking head that is a homer. When the Patriots are excellent it was overbearing because every program has like 8 people work there behind and in front of the scenes as a fan.

23 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Coming from a RAIDER fan this is amazing, my how things change over the years

What's changed? I don't recall the Raiders drafting and employing players who commit DV. In fact, the owner is directly against this type of character.

22 hours ago, BigTrav said:

I can't believe I've just read that. How can people not see their own hypocrisy? It's like Bezos accusing Musk of hiding money...

What hypocrisy? What "scumbags" continue to be employed by the Raiders. And what one have I ever made excuses for their actions because they are talented players. There are not nor have their been any Hill/Clark DV scumbags on this team.

37 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Probably the inverse of most people, but I don't like Mahomes yet do like Kelce. 

Hill is a scumbag, but there seems to be a conveyor belt of them. If Hill got cut, some other team would pick him up (Khunt...)

Oh yeah... forgot about Hunt. Amazing... when there is video evidence, teams are quick to cut bait. 

23 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

It feels unlikely now, but there's a chance the Chiefs only get the one Super Bowl win out of Mahomes. Packers, Colts and Saints got one each.

Broncos w/ Peyton

Seahawks w/ Russell 

One of the reasons Brady has a solid argument for GOAT is all those ships when his contemporaries (Bress, Peyton, Rodgers) combine for 4 while Tom sits at 7.  

On 1/24/2022 at 3:46 AM, BigTrav said:

Don’t hate, just get better…

The hate stems from resentment that their team is inferior, and it's an understandable feeling. I'm a Bills fan, but I really don't have any resentment toward them for a few reasons:

1) Mahomes seems like a great dude. He and Allen seem to have a ton of respect for each other.

2) Chiefs fans in general have been really cool after this loss- and givING mad props to Allen. 

3) Just reading that Chiefs fans have been donating money to a children's hospital.

So, I like the Chiefs, and the rivalry that's brewing between the teams. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1