FA 2022

ravishingone

13 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I have no issue with a player stating it is all about the money.  If Lenny signs back, look forward to it, but if not best of luck.  When it comes to prioritizing positions on offense, RBs the Bucs have a line in the sand.

I have a hard time seeing Bill giving him the contract he's looking for though. I honestly thought Jones was the better runner - just didn't fit the bill of consistency in pass protection 

13 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I have no issue with a player stating it is all about the money.  If Lenny signs back, look forward to it, but if not best of luck.  When it comes to prioritizing positions on offense, RBs the Bucs have a line in the sand.

I feel like giving Marlon Mack a 1 year deal prove it contract would be the better option. Good talent who got lost in the shuffle back in Indy. Then draft a back in the first 3 rounds. Hopefully Licht has changed his scouting methods at RB . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I feel like giving Marlon Mack a 1 year deal prove it contract would be the better option. Good talent who got lost in the shuffle back in Indy. Then draft a back in the first 3 rounds. Hopefully Licht has changed his scouting methods at RB . 

Yea I could be wrong but I believe Mack has a bit of RoJo to his game and injuries have plagued him a bit as well.

Read reports that they are close to signing Gholston back on a one year deal.   So if that happens do you think they just plug him in as the starting DE and than just leave Suh out of the mix while drafting another replacement in the first round for them?  What guys do we have that can currently play DE?    Nacho possibly, Gholston, Pat O'Connor, Nelson?  

58 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Read reports that they are close to signing Gholston back on a one year deal.   So if that happens do you think they just plug him in as the starting DE and than just leave Suh out of the mix while drafting another replacement in the first round for them?  What guys do we have that can currently play DE?    Nacho possibly, Gholston, Pat O'Connor, Nelson?  

Hopefully we get Suh as well. And I'd still go DL in the first. Maybe even the first two picks I'd be fine with. Depending on who's available. I'm still not sure who's playing the other guard position. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Bucs will probably draft 2 DTs this year. 1 early and 1 mid to late just to get younger. Would not worry about it right now. Arians said he wants to get quicker up front with the pass rush. Which is a smart thing to do because we blitz way too much. Bowles wants to play zone most of the time so I’m betting the house Bucs add some interior rushers in the draft. Maybe an outside one too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Bucs will probably draft 2 DTs this year. 1 early and 1 mid to late just to get younger. Would not worry about it right now. Arians said he wants to get quicker up front with the pass rush. Which is a smart thing to do because we blitz way too much. Bowles wants to play zone most of the time so I’m betting the house Bucs add some interior rushers in the draft. Maybe an outside one too

Bowles was so wrapped up in stopping the run, there were plenty of times he would have NACHO an McLendon on the field together.  Inexcuable.  In today's NFL you don t need 2 running stuffing DTs on the field unless in goal line.  I hope he can reflect and see the error in his thinking.

• Like 2

Bucs signed G Fred Johnson, formerly of the Bengals, to a one-year contract. 

The Bengals released Johnson this week after adding La'el Collins to their offensive line. Tampa Bay will owe Johnson around $2.4 million this season because Johnson signed a restricted free agent tender this month.

29 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Bucs signed G Fred Johnson, formerly of the Bengals, to a one-year contract. 

The Bengals released Johnson this week after adding La'el Collins to their offensive line. Tampa Bay will owe Johnson around $2.4 million this season because Johnson signed a restricted free agent tender this month.

Who? Camp body to have around I ghess

5 hours ago, indifference said:

Who? Camp body to have around I ghess

This has to be a Earl Watford type of signing.  He has to be a camp body, that if there is a run of injuries then he makes the roster as a back up.  If he is a Cincy reject. can t be that great.  It was a miracle Burrow made it thru the postseason not losing a limb.

• Like 1