Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

Kid in city where I used to coach was invited to minicamp, good for him.   I never had him, not sure he even played little league/middle school.  A lot of the real big kids never do or not until 8th grade due to weight limits:

https://www.dailyadvent.com/news/0b0827916c48caad3993dfb3567a214c-Huntley-graduate-Tim-McCloyn-receives-rookie-minicamp-invitation-from-Chicago-Bears

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Poor Trubisky.   Only presumed starter to get a first round draft pick taken.

Bummer.

Remember when the Bears signed Mike Glennon to a big contract, then invited him to their draft party, only to take Trubisky 2nd overall?  It’s the circle of life.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Remember when the Bears signed Mike Glennon to a big contract, then invited him to their draft party, only to take Trubisky 2nd overall?  It’s the circle of life.

Not only that, he was supposed to announce the pick.  Not sure if they ended up actually making him do it.

Signing Glennon, drafting Trubisky then hiring Nagy.  Pace's early trifecta of moves that set the timer on his demise.

In 2018 it was looking on track.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You know who we never talk about?

Bruno

No wait.   I mean Dazz Newsome.   Is he any good or what?

It’s kind of a weird situation. The fact that they haven’t done a ton at WR this offseason suggests he’ll get a real shot at a roster spot… but all of the stuff he seemingly could contribute (KR/PR duties and slot WR reps) are things Velus Jones and possibly Ebner can immediately replace, which makes him entirely expendable unless he transformed into a young Emmanuel Sanders over the offseason. 

• Like 2

The only thing I remember Dazz doing at all so far was having a great entry press conference talking about waffle house.

He seemed like a potential great interviewee though, so hopefully he can start making the kind of impact that gets you back in front of a microphone... in a good way of course.

• Like 1