Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

4 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Which really makes it a shame that he seemed to do everything in his power to undermine him. Nagy is a perplexing creature.

Nagy undermined everyone. Khalil Herbert went from 3 pretty good running games out of 4 and then the last 9 or so games of the year he didn’t even get 5 carries in a game. It’s a wonder Quinn had so many sacks and Mooney had a k

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Wasn't that @Heinz D.?

You were assured that if the Bears paid him (as they did, handsomely, the year before) that Robinson would show up on Sundays? 

You ever see an $18 mil/year player phone it in, ever, before?

You think it was a mistake to NOT pay said $18 mil/year player about the same amount...and HOPE he didn't phone it in next season, again? 

Are you ******* serious?

Do you really think front offices make moves along the lines you're imagining that they should? Have you seen such stuff happen before? If not, can you explain why your wisdom exceeds that of NFL front offices? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You were assured that if the Bears paid him (as they did, handsomely, the year before) that Robinson would show up on Sundays? 

You think it was a mistake to NOT pay said $18 mil/year player about the same amount...and HOPE he didn't phone it in next season, again? 

Are you ******* serious?

Do you really think front offices make moves along the lines you're imagining that they should? Have you seen such stuff happen before? If not, can you explain why your wisdom exceeds that of NFL front offices? 

The Rams, arguably the best organization in football, were f***ing serious

21 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Explain why it was a bad decision for Poles to let Robinson walk. 

But I dont think it was a bad decision.  I think it was pretty clear that Robinson wanted a change of scenery and he shouldn’t be forced to be somewhere he doesn’t want to be.  And now he’s in a situation a million times better than here and I wish him nothing but the best.  

However, that doesn’t mean that Byron Pringle is a better wide receiver than Robinson.  Which is what the original question referred to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

However, that doesn’t mean that Byron Pringle is a better wide receiver than Robinson.  Which is what the original question referred to.

The "original question" completely ignored the argument that I laid out--and that was that jettisoning Robinson was a completely understandable move. I backed that up by affirming that, at $18 mil/year, Robinson had significantly worse stats (and that's just going by stats, nothing else) than Pringle, who was a lower offensive option on the field (because of who was on the depth chart above him) than Robinson was. 

It has nothing to do with who is is the "better" receiver. It has everything to do with what was the better move for the Bears. 

Do you think that Poles should have given Robinson like a $20 mil/year contract, then hoped Robinson decided to stop going through the motions on Sundays? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Craft a compelling argument that Poles should have kept Robinson. 

He's a better receiver than Pringle

There you have it

(for the record I don't think Robinson is great. I'm not upset he's gone in the least. I was just hoping Poles would find a similar player in terms of talent level)

9 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

The "original question" completely ignored the argument that I laid out--and that was that jettisoning Robinson was a completely understandable move. I backed that up by affirming that, at $18 mil/year, Robinson had significantly worse stats (and that's just going by stats, nothing else) than Pringle, who was a lower offensive option on the field (because of who was on the depth chart above him) than Robinson was. 

It has nothing to do with who is is the "better" receiver. It has everything to do with what was the better move for the Bears. 

Do you think that Poles should have given Robinson like a $20 mil/year contract, then hoped Robinson decided to stop going through the motions on Sundays

Once again, the Rams did

Edited by beardown3231

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Are you ******* serious?

Tagging a player expecting to be an UFA does not make him happy.  

• Like 1