Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

29. (tie) Chicago Bears
2021 record: 6-11
Previous rank: 26

What exactly have the Bears done this offseason to make things better and easier for their most important asset, quarterback Justin Fields? A change in coaching staff and scheme should help Fields’ development in Year 2, but a scan through the Bears’ roster after the draft and free agency doesn’t reveal a team that looks much better suited to win with Fields now than it did last year.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Started watching last MN game last night.  I think I exited early last year out of disgust so I didn’t watch all the games and only parts of some. 

I fell asleep a few times because it was middle of night.   Take it with a grain of salt because I am not sure what kind of effort Mn was playing with but some guys stood out.  

I only had broadcast view, but Borom looked pretty good at RT.  Middle of OL was pretty awful throughout most of it and was not holding up.  Hard to tell who all was at fault, but it seemed a combination of a few guys on each play.  

Monty was good as usual.  Mooney was outstanding.  I may be underestimating him a bit.  That guy gets open an abnormally lot and runs well after catch.  

Blackson was having a great game.   Tonga made some plays.  

Man Nagy was awful, that guy kind of went downhill with Bears.   Dalton was awful a lot, but also good some. 

Oh and I saw Jackson flying around field, squaring up and making big hits.

That was weird to see considering all hate he has been getting here.   He was going 100%.

That's encouraging.  

So the Bears are going be at home in Chicago for week 1 against a Texas team. Then travel to ATL for week 2. Then travel back to Chicago to play a team that is only a couple hours away. Then travel to NY to play the Jets and Giants in consecutive weeks. Then travel back home to play GB and have a bye week AND play Philly the next game. Then they travel to NE and return home.

Relying on the people of reddit for anything is like relying on the ignorant people on twitter.

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Kind of like we did in 2020 and then finished 3-7 to go 8-8.

I would rather get off to a fast start and get some momentum going with Fields then see if he catches fire...doesn't matter anyway...no way the schedule falls that way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So the Bears are going be at home in Chicago for week 1 against a Texas team. Then travel to ATL for week 2. Then travel back to Chicago to play a team that is only a couple hours away. Then travel to NY to play the Jets and Giants in consecutive weeks. Then travel back home to play GB and have a bye week AND play Philly the next game. Then they travel to NE and return home.

Relying on the people of reddit for anything is like relying on the ignorant people on twitter.

What I'm about to say is moot because again there's a .0001% chance that Reddit user is correct on the schedule, but I wouldn't necessarily say your reasoning is why it's fake. The NFL consistently f***s 4-5 teams a year with the schedule, at least on paper this early. Last year was the first time in team history they rotated home and away each week. They had 0 consecutive road games or home games. This "schedule" is very similar except early on they play NYG then NYJ which isn't so unbelievable because the Jets game could be TNF

Last year they started in LA, came home for Cincy, went to Cleveland, home for Detroit then back west to play LV

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would rather get off to a fast start and get some momentum going with Fields then see if he catches fire...doesn't matter anyway...no way the schedule falls that way.

Probably not to that extreme, but if 3 or 4 of our presumed easiest games ended up in our first 6 weeks it would hardly be unprecedented. It is definitely good for the NFL when the Bears are relevant.

I’m just hoping we can go a season without a prime time Packers game for once. 

18 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Probably not to that extreme, but if 3 or 4 of our presumed easiest games ended up in our first 6 weeks it would hardly be unprecedented. It is definitely good for the NFL when the Bears are relevant.

I’m just hoping we can go a season without a prime time Packers game for once. 

Yeah, I hope so to but some how I doubt it. Per NFL.com we do have one of the easier strength of  schedules this year...on paper at least.

Edited by Bigbear72

Man.  People are crabby lately and have unrealistic service expectations.  

I never or rarely get complaints.  Had 3 nasty ones from 3 different clients in 3 days.

One was from realtor about survey not being done and I never called client about something else that day.  1) I have nothing to do with survey getting done or not from buy side.    2) I did call client, we spoke at length and he verified that right in front of realtor.   Not sure what he is getting at there.  

Another was a letter came in from other side after 5 p.m., I sent out an email with specific instructions and an invitation to discuss it with me following day.   Nasty email from realtor about me not calling and doing it immediately that night even though there is no emergency or rush.

I was out at closings all day yesterday and had out of office stating that with instructions to contact my paralegals for help or assistance in my absence.   Got a nasty email this morning from the requester as to why I didn't already draft a legal document request that came in just yesterday during that time.

So I guess I now the expectation is I spit out legal work product instantaneously and on demand regardless of time of day or other commitments.  And that includes 3rd party work product like surveys.

Edited by dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Man.  People are crabby lately and have unrealistic service expectations.  

I never or rarely get complaints.  Had 3 nasty ones from 3 different clients in 3 days.

One was from realtor about survey not being done and I never called client about something else that day.  1) I have nothing to do with survey getting done or not from buy side.    2) I did call client, we spoke at length and he verified that right in front of realtor.   Not sure what he is getting at there.  

Another was a letter came in from other side after 5 p.m., I sent out an email with specific instructions and an invitation to discuss it with me following day.   Nasty email from realtor about me not calling and doing it immediately that night even though there is no emergency or rush.

I was out at closings all day yesterday and had out of office stating that with instructions to contact my paralegals for help or assistance in my absence.   Got a nasty email this morning from the requester as to why I didn't already draft a legal document request that came in just yesterday during that time.

So I guess I now the expectation is I spit out legal work product instantaneously and on demand regardless of time of day or other commitments.  And that includes 3rd party work product like surveys.

This is the new American culture of instant gratification. I see it everywhere these days--people who are unwilling to wait for a few cars in front of them in the drive-thru, greater impatience and shorter tempers in traffic, people who eat like garbage because cooking takes too long, the list goes on and on. And it's only going to get worse.

My wife and I are beginning to take steps to get out of dodge within the next year or two. We hope to end up on some acreage out west, not have any neighbors, and be as self-sufficient as can be. This country is going downhill, and we just don't want to be a part of it anymore.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

This is the new American culture of instant gratification. I see it everywhere these days--people who are unwilling to wait for a few cars in front of them in the drive-thru, greater impatience and shorter tempers in traffic, people who eat like garbage because cooking takes too long, the list goes on and on. And it's only going to get worse.

My wife and I are beginning to take steps to get out of dodge within the next year or two. We hope to end up on some acreage out west, not have any neighbors, and be as self-sufficient as can be. This country is going downhill, and we just don't want to be a part of it anymore.

I think a lot of people are over stressed and anxious due to a variety of factors.

Been seeing giant uptick starting around 2020 just before election time and continuing to today.   Always something new to be worried or angry about.  

I have witnessed more adult meltdowns at my job in last two+ years than rest of my life combined.   

Actual weeping and/or fits of rage.   Been wild and sad.  

Also getting honked at a lot on road.  Like if I don't floor it as soon as light turns green or pull out into heavy traffic right away with small openings.  People speeding up if I put my blinker on and trying not to let me over.    That kind of thing.  

Feel bad for people.

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think a lot of people are over stressed and anxious due to a variety of factors.

Been seeing giant uptick starting around 2020 just before election time and continuing to today.   Always something new to be worried or angry about.  

I have witnessed more adult meltdowns at my job in last two+ years than rest of my life combined.   

Actual weeping and/or fits of rage.   Been wild and sad.  

Also getting honked at a lot on road.  Like if I don't floor it as soon as light turns green or pull out into heavy traffic right away with small openings.  People speeding up if I put my blinker on and trying not to let me over.    That kind of thing.  

Feel bad for people.

I honestly am surprised that you have just started noticing the uptick starting in 2020. I agree that it is snowballing but I definitely have noticed it before then. I suppose it may vary depending on geographical, cultural, and socio-economical factors, but yeah, it's pretty bad. 

• Like 2