Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

8 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Question/informal poll for you all - 

Since I see that this “random thoughts” thread is getting more and more popular, i also see that there are random bears thoughts and random thoughts completely unrelated to football at all.

Do you guys want to keep this thread as is, or would you prefer how we used to have things?  There was the TABT (this ain’t bears talk) thread for stuff non-bears/football and there was the random bears thoughts thread for things like minor free agent signings, minor injuries, etc.

Let me know.

Random thoughts is random thoughts.  Doesn’t have to be about Bears or not about Bears. 

Purpose of random thoughts is general discussion that doesn’t fit elsewhere. Plus by making new ones from time to time you get time capsules.  

The Covid period for example is a unique time in history.  It would have been interesting to see varied opinions on that from people in the forum.  It turned out we couldn’t calmly discuss it anywhere in world so we didn’t get that and it was a largely verboten topic as too political and divisive  

But that is an example of my thoughts and purpose of thread.  What is happening at this time and what are people thinking.  Not saying political, but just general Bears and not Bears both.  

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Ah yes, week 2 in primetime at Green Bay

Luv to watch my favorite team yet again get demolished by their rivals for the entire nation to see

Dude 9ers then GB.

Hard to see us not starting 0-2 if Garropollo is starting.  Even if its Lance that is a tough start against those defenses.

13 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

People have been saying this country is going downhill for the last 100+ years and they are still here.

The truth is, you will face the same amount of issues in other countries that your trying to get away from here in the US. Some better aspects...some worse.

Id like to face the same issues but retire comfortably much earlier. That is my incentive.  Internal laziness and hobby addictions can fight inside my head daily.   Lol. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 2:13 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

People have been saying this country is going downhill for the last 100+ years and they are still here.

The truth is, you will face the same amount of issues in other countries that your trying to get away from here in the US. Some better aspects...some worse.

There will never be a man made utopia anywhere.  We are fallen. 

People do vote with their feet though.  Always have.  

Ironic thing is people often bring with them same attitude and philosophies which formed place they left and didn’t like to their new home. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, Sugashane said:

Well yesterday we had to put down our dog of 16 years. Whole house is still down, even our other dog seems like he is sad. 

Other dog is definitely sad.  We had two dogs growing up and when one died the other would be depressed for weeks.

One didn't eat for awhile and just cried and whimpered.

On a less serious note, because of extreme allergies in our household we have never had a pet and it breaks my daughters heart.   A month and a half ago I went to local Farm and Fleet on a whim and bought baby chicks for her to care for.

We are not allowed chickens where I live so we had to give them away when they came of age.   I had to give them away to a farmer other day.   She thought we were keeping them for another week, but he said he was in town and asked if he could get them that day and I said yes.  

She was very broken hearted and mad at me because she didn't get extra week with them.  I was the bad guy. 

Edited by dll2000

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Other dog is definitely sad.  We had two dogs growing up and when one died the other would be depressed for weeks.

On a less serious note, because of extreme allergies in our household we have never had a pet and it breaks my daughters heart.   A month and a half ago I went to local Farm and Fleet on a whim and bought baby chicks for her to care for.

We are not allowed chickens where I live so we had to give them away when they came of age.   I had to give them away to a farmer other day.   She thought we were keeping them for another week, but he said he was in town and asked if he could get them that day and I said yes.  

She was very broken hearted and mad at me because she didn't get extra week with them.  I was the bad guy. 

You may want to consider a non traditional animal, to circumvent the allergy thing.

I'm allergic to both dogs and cats, but was fine owning a Sugar Glider through my 20s.

That said, make sure you do TONS of research on any animals you look into getting, and though I highly recommend gliders in general, they are most assuredly not for everyone, and probably not the best "family" pets for a number of reasons, but there's tons of different types of animals you can look into.

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

That sucks. Things have definitely been a little subdued here but keeping them active has helped. Hopefully your little one bounces back quick. 

On 5/15/2022 at 8:41 PM, Sugashane said:

That sucks. Things have definitely been a little subdued here but keeping them active has helped. Hopefully your little one bounces back quick. 

She is 15, so not so little.  But she is fine.