Your favorite fast food place?

biggie.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:59 PM, Deadpulse said:

They stopped doing personal pizzas for reading books 

I still have like 20 Book It coupons I never used.     We didnt have a car growing up, so I was only able to redeem like 2 of them.

They expired 25 years ago, but I'm holding out hope that someday, they will be worth something. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Pizza Hut died when they started phasing out the restaurants and killing a lot of people's childhood.

Eh, I wouldn't say that - I probably consumed more Pizza Hut AFTER they shuttered the restaurants.

Unless it's premium pizza (in Houston, that's Barry's Pizza or Star Pizza) takeout or delivery is always the most optimal way to consume.

34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Eh, I wouldn't say that - I probably consumed more Pizza Hut AFTER they shuttered the restaurants.

Unless it's premium pizza (in Houston, that's Barry's Pizza or Star Pizza) takeout or delivery is always the most optimal way to consume.

Pizza is like sex.  Bad pizza exists, but it's almost hard for it to be bad.

You put the worst quality pizza in front of me you can find, and so long as it's not doused in pepperoni grease, I'll eat it.  And I think most people here do too.

And all of it is better when you can eat it while watching TV with beer.  So yeah, give me fast food pizza at home over some booth and sticky table any day.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 1:21 PM, AkronsWitness said:

2 things my friends laugh at me for:

1) Thinking Dominos and Donatos suck

2) Loving Arbys more than the average person should.

Side note: Have you had Pizza Hut recently? A family member ordered them for the first time a month or two ago and got the stuff crust.. I laughed when it was ordered like 'okay is this 1993' but then I ate it and was incredibly impressed after not having it for probably 5-10 years. Also, their wings were freaking amazing for a budget pizza deliver place.

Seconded on Arby's love.

But also, seconded on Pizza Hut Wings.  They're top tier, especially the boneless ones.  They hit them exactly right.  Just have the right ratios all around.  They're probably the best delivery/pickup order wings you can get tbh.

Also, stuffed crust is a reason to go Pizza Hut.  It's a defining characteristic of my ordering habits.  But also...Papa John has a pretty decent stuffed crust too.  For discussion purposes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Seconded on Arby's love.

But also, seconded on Pizza Hut Wings.  They're top tier, especially the boneless ones.  They hit them exactly right.  Just have the right ratios all around.  They're probably the best delivery/pickup order wings you can get tbh.

Also, stuffed crust is a reason to go Pizza Hut.  It's a defining characteristic of my ordering habits.  But also...Papa John has a pretty decent stuffed crust too.  For discussion purposes.

Ive always said Arbys menu is the most diverse menu in fast food, but for some reason people only think they have roast beef sandwiches. 

They have RB sandwiches, they have good gyros, amazing motz sticks, good curly fries, good 'market fresh' deli sandwiches, good chicken tenders, good reubens, good wraps, good chicken sandwiches. They even have stuff like french dips, buffalo wings, Mac+Cheese and brisket sandwiches.

They have a TON on their menu and its all good higher quality stuff compared to 95% of fast food places. The only thing they dont dabble in (because its a oversaturated market) is burgers.

Their gyros and wraps especially are incredibly good for a FF place. Arbys just has a ton of different stuff on their menu that you cant find at McDs, Burgerking or Wendys so people are like super skeptical of it for some reason.

Last thing: Arbys sauce is also the alpha dog elite of the FF sauce game. There isnt a FF place on this earth that has a condiment better than Arbys Sauce.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ive always said Arbys menu is the most diverse menu in fast food, but for some reason people only think they have roast beef sandwiches. 

They have RB sandwiches, they have good gyros, amazing motz sticks, good curly fries, good 'market fresh' deli sandwiches, good chicken tenders, good reubens, good wraps, good chicken sandwiches. They even have stuff like french dips, buffalo wings, Mac+Cheese and brisket sandwiches.

They have a TON on their menu and its all good higher quality stuff compared to 95% of fast food places. The only thing they dont dabble in (because its a oversaturated market) is burgers.

Their gyros and wraps especially are incredibly good for a FF place. Arbys just has a ton of different stuff on their menu that you cant find at McDs, Burgerking or Wendys so people are like super skeptical of it for some reason.

Last thing: Arbys sauce is also the alpha dog elite of the FF sauce game. There isnt a FF place on this earth that has a condiment better than Arbys Sauce.

Arby's is definitely underrated. They really stepped up their game in recent years.

22 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Seconded on Arby's love.

I actually don't like stuffed crust. In theory it sounds amazing, but I've noticed that the actual pizza is thinner and greasier. I don't know how else to explain it.

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah.  Realistically, i just end up getting the same few things at Arby's the vast majority of the time.  But there is a pretty good breadth of options.  Pretty much anyone should be able to at least find something to like there.

Also, Jamocha shakes are real enjoyable, compared to the desert/shake type offerings at most fast food places.  People go nuts for like a Wendy's Frosty and stuff, McFlurries are straight up disgusting...Arby's shakes are substantially better than most of the competition.

The one thing i've never tried...and never would try, is their "Fish Sandwich".  Like...there's something very wrong and disturbing about them offering one of those.  That seems like a crime against the concept of their restaurant.  But i guess they've gotta do it, for the Catholics or whatever.

43 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I actually don't like stuffed crust. In theory it sounds amazing, but I've noticed that the actual pizza is thinner and greasier. I don't know how else to explain it.

That's fair.  It definitely does change the composition of the rest of the pizza.  It becomes all about getting to the crust.  I do wish they'd do a stuffed crust where the main body of the pizza is just their normal pan crust.  Idk if it's a logistical issue or what, but yeah...i makes the rest of the pizza into a quasi-thin crust.  Papa John's stuffed crust is a little more like that.  Doesn't change the rest of the pizza as much...but the stuffed crust itself isn't quite as spot on.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

That's fair.  It definitely does change the composition of the rest of the pizza.  It becomes all about getting to the crust.  I do wish they'd do a stuffed crust where the main body of the pizza is just their normal pan crust.  Idk if it's a logistical issue or what, but yeah...i makes the rest of the pizza into a quasi-thin crust.  Papa John's stuffed crust is a little more like that.  Doesn't change the rest of the pizza as much...but the stuffed crust itself isn't quite as spot on.

That's why I say order a calzone instead of stuffed crust; same thing in theory.