Your favorite fast food place?

biggie.

16 hours ago, Dome said:

Popeyes spicy strips with Cajun fries beats the living **** out of anything KFC is trying to scam us with 

KFC is greasy and soggy… Popeyes is crispy 

This is what it is.  The flavor of chicken strips is pretty comparable at most fast food places, but Popeye's brings that crunch without the strips being 90% breading.

Terrible customer service though.

• Like 1

Burger - 5 guys, but I don't consider this fast food. Fast food - Wendys, nothing beats a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger

Chicken - Chick Fil A - Spicy Chicken Sandwich is the best

Mexian - Taco Johns(not sure if they are still around, but 1 near my hometown in Ohio). 2nd would be Chipotle

Subs - Penn Station 

Pizza - Donatos - More of a Central Ohio thing. 

Breakfast - White Castle - Best coffee from any fast food establishment and best sandwiches(toast, fresh fried egg, sausage and pepper jack cheese).

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Terrible customer service though.

The only one I go to has great customer service. Everyone is high and gives out insane portions. 

If you go in the hour before closing a "3-piece" is code for "as much chicken as we can fit in the box"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, captin midnight said:

Mexican - Taco Johns(not sure if they are still around, but 1 near my hometown in Ohio). 

There are a bunch in Iowa, but last time I went it just wasn't nearly the same as it used to be. Even the churro and potato rounds sucked.

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

Burgers: Big Deal Burgers & Custard - Just a phenomonal burger for a fast food joint. I don't know what I'm going to do when I move this weekend and I'm no longer close.

Chicken: Zaxby's or Raising Canes - Really just a tenders place but they do it right. Really dislike that none are in my area or even remotely close.

Mexican: Qdoba - Used to be Moe's but, for some reason, their rice is always terrible. Qdoba does a really good quesadilla and you can't go wrong with their burritos. Plus, they don't charge for queso like Moe's.

Subs: Firehouse Subs, I guess - Yeah, nothing to really say here. There's not too much difference between Jersey Mike's, Cousins and Firehouse. Ask me tomorrow and I could say any of the three. When I want it delivered, though, you can't beat Jimmy John's. 

Pizza: Jet's Pizza - Just amazing Detroit style deep dish pizza and they have amazing ranch dressing. Papa John's, Dominos and Pizza Hut all royally suck.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:23 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

You damn Murican's with your awesome fast food options.

Depends where you live. 

Think i remember you saying you're Canadian. Not sure where in Canada. Toronto for example has some weak fast food options....Popeyes/Mcdonalds etc are all OK at times. We've had Chick Fil A & Jollibees for a while but haven't tried them out yet.

But our food scene is amazing overall. So much variety & diversity. The only thing i find lacking is the Mexican food. 

Edited by 49ersfan

On 2/20/2022 at 7:47 PM, biggie. said:

I'll never understand the appeal to Popeyes. To me they're just a step up from the abomination that is KFC.

Yeah.  I don't really get the appeal tbh.  It's a notch below KFC for me.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:39 PM, Dome said:

Popeyes spicy strips with Cajun fries beats the living **** out of anything KFC is trying to scam us with 

KFC is greasy and soggy… Popeyes is crispy 

KFC definitely has an inherent quality of making your insides feel bad.  But i feel like every time i've had Popeyes, it's just dry as heck.  Which may be more "crispy" but it's also really not very good.

If you're having Fried Chicken, i feel like you've really just gotta embrace the grease and enjoy KFC for what it is.  And order a side of gravy to dip all the fries in, because their fries are otherwise soggy and inedible.

Best thing is to just go for the Chicken Tenders from KFC and they usually have a solid crisp to them, and still taste good.

Also, i'm allergic to the Cajun Fries at Popeyes.  They make my face itch, and i don't like that.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:02 PM, biggie. said:

I'm coming to realizei n the ice cream department, DQ is criminally underrated. There's just a certain magic with an old fashioned Oreo Blizzard that can't be replicated.

I really like DQ for what they offer, but I wish they would change their temperatures or whatever it is that makes anything you order turn to slop 5 bites in.

16 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I really like DQ for what they offer, but I wish they would change their temperatures or whatever it is that makes anything you order turn to slop 5 bites in.

I have never in my life ordered food at DQ; I strictly only get Blizzards.

18 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Oh no that’s what I was talking about. The blizzards. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten food either. The ice cream is just too loose for me. And it gets worse real fast. 

44 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Oh no that’s what I was talking about. The blizzards. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten food either. The ice cream is just too loose for me. And it gets worse real fast. 

What, they don't do the whole it upside down to show off the thickness?

Then again, I've started just buying vanilla ice cream + Oreos and just mashing the Oreos in until I get the consistency I'm looking for.

7 hours ago, biggie. said:

Weirdly, they have some of the best Poutine you can get at a major fast food chain.

Their burgers are like...if you took a BK or Carl's Jr burger, and then reheated it in the microwave.  But hey...sometimes that's okay.  Not something i go out of my way to purchase though.

Their chicken is super bland and dry.  They've got some soft pretzel sticks that come with a queso dip that makes them alright if that's your only option (and some places it is).  But yeah.  Not really a top-end fast food place for those purposes.

6 hours ago, biggie. said:

What, they don't do the whole it upside down to show off the thickness?

Then again, I've started just buying vanilla ice cream + Oreos and just mashing the Oreos in until I get the consistency I'm looking for.

I know what he's talking about.  There's clearly some sorts of artificial thickeners going on with Blizzards or something.  Honestly, i don't really care for them most of the time.  But when i do decide to get one...they have an unnaturally steep thawing curve.  They go from "too thick" to "mostly liquid" way more quickly than they naturally should.  I just get myself a cookie dough one to combat that.  Even when it deteriorates to liquid state, it still has those nice cookie dough chunks i can spoon in with the liquid to give me a little bit of texture and chew.