2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

How dare we want more from WR3…. After all, this offseason was supposed to be about loading up around Tannehill. Well keeping him any higher than a 3 isn’t loading up. 

I actually like NWI a lot. But loaded WR class, AJ seems to have nagging injuries every year, Woods coming off an ACL (I know it's not a death sentence anymore but still). With those 2 things alone I hope JRob and Vrab decide to grab a WR in the 1st. Our #3 became our #1 a lot last year due to our top 2's nagging injuries 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

How dare we want more from WR3…. After all, this offseason was supposed to be about loading up around Tannehill. Well keeping him any higher than a 3 isn’t loading up. 

I actually like NWI a lot. But loaded WR class, AJ seems to have nagging injuries every year, Woods coming off an ACL (I know it's not a death sentence anymore but still). With those 2 things alone I hope JRob and Vrab decide to grab a WR in the 1st. Our #3 became our #1 a lot last year due to our top 2's nagging injuries 

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The problem with NWI is that he has no defining characteristic. His only plus attribute is his blocking. He’s not a slot receiver, he doesn’t make plays after the catch, he certainly isn’t a deep threat. He’s Tajae. Which is a WR4 that floats around the league, makes some money, but doesn’t really stick anywhere because he’s easily replaceable.

It's not saying he can't be upgraded or replaced. 

But just saying he isn't some scrub. 

Ideal #4. Can do spot #3 in a pinch. Cost nothing and is homegrown. I root for guys like that. 

Just not sure why he is the target of so much hate like he routinely drops passes, knuckle head or signed to some big contract. 

There are places for guys like that on the roster. It's just head scratching to me why people just want him cut like he holding people back. 

Fact is, if you can't beat out NWI then something is more wrong with you. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Ideal #4. Can do spot #3 in a pinch. Cost nothing and is homegrown. I root for guys like that. 

Just not sure why he is the target of so much hate like he routinely drops passes, knuckle head or signed to some big contract. 

There are places for guys like that on the roster. It's just head scratching to me why people just want him cut like he holding people back. 

NWI has a deserved role and spot on this team. 
my only worry/concern is that we are looking at him right now and slotting him in as our #3. I hope we invest early at WR this draft. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My guess is the hate is more of the situation rather than the player. You said it yourself he's a number 4 that can in a pinch be a 3. We have him as the 3 that in a pinch will be the 2 and 1. Need another guy that is ahead of him. As I said previously I actually really like NWI. He's a solid player hes just viewed a little higher by the coaching staff that most would like. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

My guess is the hate is more of the situation rather than the player. You said it yourself he's a number 4 that can in a pinch be a 3. We have him as the 3 that in a pinch will be the 2 and 1. Need another guy that is ahead of him. As I said previously I actually really like NWI. He's a solid player hes just viewed a little higher by the coaching staff that most would like. 

He’s not viewed as much by the coaching staff look how they use him. The same role we used Tajae. He had no choice but to play in a bigger role however because of injuries & lack of depth. He’s typically our #4 but depending on personnel packages he’ll occasionally be the #3 WR. Not saying you but most fans making him out to be bigger than he is or blowing him up over proportion. 

Anyone know are cap situation with Woods now on board? I know he has 13.5 mill cap hit. I am assuming that puts us over the cap. I wonder if we will continue to restructure and make more moves. I know we still got that Julio money coming too.

Really would love to see a o lineman signing. And a contingency signing for Farley.

Would be really amazing to go into the draft with no holes and take WR, TE with the first two picks. 

NWI is a borderline roster guy who's ability is being inflated because of his volume stats when he was forced to play due to lack of depth and injury.

He is no more talented than Tajae Sharpe, who was in the exact same situation and people are having the exact same feelings.

He should not even be in your mind when deciding what we need to do at the WR position.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

NWI is a borderline roster guy who's ability is being inflated because of his volume stats when he was forced to play due to lack of depth and injury.

He is no more talented than Tajae Sharpe, who was in the exact same situation and people are having the exact same feelings.

He should not even be in your mind when deciding what we need to do at the WR position.

Thank you!!! Nothing wrong with him being a #4-#5 WR. Yea he’s done a great job making the team as a UDFA as a rookie and he has improved but he’s not a guy who should ever be relied on. Hell, how much does he really play last year if Julio, AJ, and Johnson didn’t all miss a lot of time. He started the year as the #5 WR which is where he belongs.

13 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I feel he deserves to be on a roster. He has shown he can play in the league, same as Tajae. And no his presence should not prohibit you from making any roster moves. But I would view him as insurance and someone to keep in case of situations like last year. 

It isn't the same, because the backup QB doesn't play,  but does anyone feel Logan Woodside will carry the team if Tannehill goes down? Or does anyone feel the Packers will have no drop off if Love has to start for Rodgers? 

NWI is a back up. Yeah if you can have a top level WR rotate in to give breaks to AJ and Woods you do that. But if you can't, NWI isn't Taywan Taylor, Nick Williams or whatever. 

This isn't let's sign him to a $25 Million Deal and give him 100 targets thing. I'm just saying he is a decent guy to keep. He plays special teams, catches passes when they come his way and is cheap.  You'd hope you can find a rookie or someone like McMatch or Dez who is more talented to take that spot. You don't want to spend $5-6 million on WR3/4.  Especially in this offense, when they may only see 50-60 targets a year. 

10 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Lol. You aren’t serious?

100 percent serious. Guy's played in a Super Bowl and got his team close to 500 with absolutely NO weapons. Plug him into a contender and he could pilot a playoff ship. Our situation is perfect for him and what he does. Tannehill hasn't won a playoff game throwing more than 15 passes. I know who I'd rather go to war with. We're a team that doesn't ask too much except protecting the QB and making the smart plays. With AJB, Hooper, Woods, a young draft pick, NWI and Ryan I think we could actually field a contender's passing attack with Vrabel's coaching. It's not insane.