Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

28 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the last time he came to the NFL it was the Dolphins that he was heavily rumored to be headed to, the. The 9ers swung in late and hired him, right?  I seem to remember the 9ers being a surprise, but that was so long ago i could be way off.

Yea - he has a connection with the Dolphins’ owner who is a fellow alum and big Michigan donor.

It’s enough of a connection that when the Dolphins fired Flores, their owner came out and stated he wouldn’t try to hire Harbaugh again.

I think Harbaugh has a pretty ideal situation at Michigan and I agree that he’ll probably stay.

I’ve had Daboll and Eberflus on my short list from the beginning, so I’d be perfectly happy with either one. 

Feels like Daboll would be the best hire for Fields, while Eberflus might be the best hire for the franchise. So it depends how much more importance you put on the QB vs the Team. And I suppose more importantly, who Eberflus could bring in as his OC. 

I get how important Fields progression is, but if he is the real deal, and we don’t let him get completely beat up, he’s going to shine through regardless. To me, an offensive minded HC, or even the OC of a Defensive HC is less important than the guy who would be working most with Fields, the QB coach. But they are all important with a young QB

With that thought process, depending on how Vegas plays out, I’d love to see Eberflus get the HC job, and then do what Sean McVay did off the bat, and surround himself with HC knowledge throughout the whole staff, grab Marinelli for his last few years as DC and even Bisaccia as the AHC and ST guy. But also fill in with a bunch of young hungry up and comers as well, like an heir apparent for a DC in a few years when Rod likely retires.

I really do think Eberflus is the best choice as a HC, and he would actually take more of a Leader approach than just a “defensive guy” where I feel Daboll would be more focused on the Offense. He’s shown the potential since all the way back at Mizzou under Gary Pinkel, and he would likely follow his style 

• Like 3

Ok so the last few GM candidates that we don't know if they've interviewed yet or not are Rick Smith, Omar Khan and Ryan Poles. Ryan Poles may be the new Giants GM soon so that would cross him off the list if he gets hired. We know Brown is on Monday. Almost at the finish line. 

The one weird thing is we haven't heard a peep about Rick Smith at all for over a week. 

9 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Take it fwiw

"The McCaskey family should be forced by the NFL to sell the team"?

Good lord, is this dimwit Harbaugh's secret boyfriend, or something?

Just who IS this assclown? If the Bears don't consider Harbaugh for the job, it is a VERY, VERY, good thing...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

"The McCaskey family should be forced by the NFL to sell the team"?

Good lord, is this dimwit Harbaugh's secret boyfriend, or something?

Just who IS this assclown? If the Bears don't consider Harbaugh for the job, it is a VERY, VERY, good thing...

You seem to be confused - Former Bears coach Dave Wannstedt, under whom Jim Harbaugh played QB in 1993, said he talked to Harbaugh and Harbaugh told him that the Bears hadn’t called. Seems legit enough.

The guy who said they should be forced to sell the team is just some meatball idiot fan lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

You seem to be confused - Former Bears coach Dave Wannstedt, under whom Jim Harbaugh played QB in 1993, said he talked to Harbaugh and Harbaugh told him that the Bears hadn’t called. Seems legit enough.

The guy's speaking for Wannstedt--seems weird. 

But...I don't doubt the veracity of the claim that the Bears haven't contacted Harbaugh.

I hope it's absolutely true. And I hope the Bears continue to not contact Harbaugh. Keep the lunatic in Michigan. Or, "let" him migrate to Miami. Whatever. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s not - he’s just restating what Wanny said on the radio. 

Oh. That's true. You're right about that. My bad.

Doesn't make my overall point any different though. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

You might have said before and I missed it - what’s the beef with Harbaugh? He’s a madman for sure. Is it just that? 

That's a big part of it, yeah. We just fired one crazy guy. We don't need to hire another to follow him.