Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

5 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

good news if you trust DBB

That is pretty good news. This Frazier to the Bears never made any sense to me. But we do need to hire the best available coach rather then falling in love with an OC.

I don’t think it’s Daboll I think it’s Allen. He was playing lights out and outside of offensive structure.

Just now, Nads786 said:

That is pretty good news. This Frazier to the Bears never made any sense to me. But we do need to hire the best available coach rather then falling in love with an OC.

I don’t think it’s Daboll I think it’s Allen. He was playing lights out and outside of offensive structure.

Fields has a lot of those same off schedule playmaking tendencies. Look at the biggest plays he made last year and very few were within the structure of the offense. Difference with Allen is that he can do both because the structure also sets him up for success. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Fields has a lot of those same off schedule playmaking tendencies. Look at the biggest plays he made last year and very few were within the structure of the offense. Difference with Allen is that he can do both because the structure also sets him up for success. 

I guess what I'm saying is, Fields will develop those skills regardless of having Daboll or not. I don't think it's really something you can teach.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Caldwell is just too old to be a head coach man..

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Why and how? Dude is 67 and his last year in the league was 2019.

I really dont get this line of thinking? In no way am I saying Caldwell is the guy who should be hired, but arbitrarily saying a certain age is too old to be a HC is kind of ignorant. Carrol is 70 and he would coach that team till he cant walk and chew his bubble gum anymore. Belichick is about to turn 70 and anyone suggesting hes done looks like a fool, some even expecting to stick around through most of Mac's career.

Again, these are the outliers right now, but just as players are getting older. so will coaches. Its about is his mind still sharp with the game, can he still connect with players and lead a locker room. To be thinking beyond 5 years down the line right now, seems more foolish to me than worrying about a Head Coaches age, you need to get the right now correct, and make the most out of your new franchise QB. And theres an argument to be made that Caldwell could be the best to do that.

And calling out his most recent year in the league as 2019? I know the past 2 calendar years have felt like a Decade, but its not that long of a gap. Wasnt this the same fan base that had someone say that the team should be sold if Harbaugh didnt get a legit interview? And his last time in the league was a checked out 2014. 

Again, I dont think Caldwell is the best option out there for a HC, but he certainly isnt the worst, and would be a very steady hand for both the franchise an its young QB. Id rather have him as the OC with a guy like Eberflus, but pretending it would be some garbage hire is going too far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I really dont get this line of thinking? In no way am I saying Caldwell is the guy who should be hired, but arbitrarily saying a certain age is too old to be a HC is kind of ignorant. Carrol is 70 and he would coach that team till he cant walk and chew his bubble gum anymore. Belichick is about to turn 70 and anyone suggesting hes done looks like a fool, some even expecting to stick around through most of Mac's career.

Again, these are the outliers right now, but just as players are getting older. so will coaches. Its about is his mind still sharp with the game, can he still connect with players and lead a locker room. To be thinking beyond 5 years down the line right now, seems more foolish to me than worrying about a Head Coaches age, you need to get the right now correct, and make the most out of your new franchise QB. And theres an argument to be made that Caldwell could be the best to do that.

And calling out his most recent year in the league as 2019? I know the past 2 calendar years have felt like a Decade, but its not that long of a gap. Wasnt this the same fan base that had someone say that the team should be sold if Harbaugh didnt get a legit interview? And his last time in the league was a checked out 2014. 

Again, I dont think Caldwell is the best option out there for a HC, but he certainly isnt the worst, and would be a very steady hand for both the franchise an its young QB. Id rather have him as the OC with a guy like Eberflus, but pretending it would be some garbage hire is going too far.

That was one person on Twitter while commenting on a report from Dave Wannestedt about Harbaugh.  I wouldn’t out that on the whole fanbase.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It’s interesting that Bieniemy is getting zero credit in KC for that amazing performance.  They were the winning team in the shootout.  

Guess it all goes to Reid.  

As it should be. That being said if MIN wants Bieniemy then I fully support them. Lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The situation is very different Caroll has been there for 11 years...Belichick forever...they have a culture in place as well as a ton of people in that building who know exactly how everything should run...

Our new HC is going to need the energy to change everything about this franchise...I just don't believe that is feasible for a guy who is 67 years old.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This is just so completely off-base.

First of all, Pete Caroll has been consistently in the league for 22 seasons, 16 as a head coach. He has skins on the wall, multiple Super Bowl appearances and a Super Bowl Trophy.

Bill Belichick is the greatest head coach of all time.

Jim Caldwell is a bum.