Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Sounds like Matt LaFleur fully expects Nathaniel Hackett to get a head coaching job. He said he would promote from within and "it's not going to be an easy decision."

Maybe I had this all wrong...

Bears - Eberflus
Giants - Quinn
Broncos - Hackett
Texans - Gannon
Jags - Leftwich
Dolphins - Daboll
Vikes - Bowles?
Raiders - Harbaugh?

That could make some sense given what we are hearing.

Hackett to the Broncos makes alot of sense if the rumors of them making a hard run at Rodgers are true. Rodgers loves that guy 

4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Who does Poles bring with him as an HC?

Rumor is either Dan Quinn or Brian Flores.

Flores seems more believable because the two know each other as former BC alumni

Not sure what connection Poles has to Quinn though 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m good with any of the three, but if Poles is the guy just hire him tomorrow. 

I don't know much about Ossenfort but looking back Patriots haven't drafted overly well during his time there as college scouting director and it's hard to say how much impact he's had on the Titans roster after only being there for 2 seasons as director of player personnel.

Out of all the candidates that are being invited back for a 2nd interview I'd be kind of disappointed if he was the hire but I'd obviously give him the benefit of the doubt since we don't know how these things will eventually play out

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Rumor is either Dan Quinn or Brian Flores.

Flores seems more believable because the two know each other as former BC alumni

Not sure what connection Poles has to Quinn though 

So much gets made of prior connections. GMs don’t only hire guys they’ve worked with previously. They hire guys they think give them the best chance to succeed. Poles works in KC and just watched Buffalo torch the KC defense for 36 in KC after it had given up just 16.5 ppg the prior 11 games, and saw Buffalo’s offense put up 31 in Arrowhead in week 5 too. It wouldn’t exactly be a stretch to think he may also want to interview Daboll, who hasn’t yet been hired by the Giants despite a 2nd interview and who are also doing 2nd interviews with other candidates.

Edited by AZBearsFan

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If these are the finalists I am all in on Poles...Ossenfort a distant 2nd...Wolf a distant 3rd...

Interesting to see if Brown is asked back for a 2nd interview as well...if he isn't then you have to wonder what the Colts guys are asking for that we won't give...or how badly prepared they are because the drafting speaks for itself.

Also if it is Poles you have to go all in for Dan Quinn...pay him what it takes to convince him to come here...if that's that guy Poles wants then get him...don't just stick two guys together who have no interest in working with each other...it would be Pace and Fox all over again if we do.

• Like 1