Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Gun to my head?

Nagy is fired

Pace is fired

Ted is allegedly moved off of *any football operations* however he keeps his title as President

Praying to the football gods that you are right...

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Praying to the football gods that you are right...

I am too, but I have serious doubts. Pace lacks a pair of balls so he is barely going to have the ability to fire Nagy and Ted is an even bigger wimp.

Their tears combined might flood Halas Hall.

I bet Nagy is the only one fired.

Just now, Sugashane said:

I bet Nagy is the only one fired.

You may well be right about that. And while that would clearly be a mistake on Spurious George's part, I won't need to be put on suicide watch. Pace's last off-season was outstanding. 

On 1/7/2022 at 5:23 PM, Heinz D. said:

But what if Pace is president, and those guys would have a say as to their GM? I don't find that situation far-fetched at all.

Pace has proven himself to have a decently good eye for talent and drafting..... and honestly nothing else.

Honestly, if this past season's draft hadn't been an on paper home run, I don't think retaining Pace in any capacity would even be a consideration....

Furthermore, I'm buying the unsourced rumors that candidates would be super hesitant to come here if Pace was still around as GM or as Team President (which means he'd be above the GM).... Dude should be on critically thin ice already, and if he gets canned everyone under him is going to be in a very unsteady place themselves.

He's by all accounts a good dude, and well liked by the McCaskys, so maybe he can get a different role with the business.

Regarding my pick for HC right now, I'm thinking Ryan Day would be my #1 choice. He has history and success with Fields already, and frankly I like the offense Ohio State has with the downfield passing attack, because that's exactly Field's strength.  Super doubtful he'd leave a really secure top tier college job though. My #2 choice is probably Daboll, but mostly because I pretty strongly hate the idea of Harbaugh or McDaniels.

EDIT: And now that Fangio is out of Denver, my #1 HC choice is who'ever grabs Fangio as DC

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If the Raiders move on from Rich Bisaccia we should interview and likely hire him.

He should be coach of the year.

What an incredible job.

Yeah, it’s getting harder and harder for them to not keep him on. If Harbaugh is our guy this has been a really good development for us. 

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

Pace has proven himself to have a decently good eye for talent and drafting..... and honestly nothing else.

Honestly, if this past season's draft hadn't been an on paper home run, I don't think retaining Pace in any capacity would even be a consideration....

Looking at 2020 and before he hasn't even been that good. Look at his drafted "starters."

2020 - Johnson (may be a legit 1 but at least a top #2), Kmet (JAG and was overdrafted), Gipson (solid #3 EDGE it seems), Vildor (terrible), Mooney (solid #2)

2019 - Monty

2018 - Smith (home run), Daniels (average to above average OG), Miller (went to crap after rookie year), Nichols (meh DE)

2017 - Tru (bust), Shaheen (horrible), Jackson (declining in back to back years), Cohen (good gadget player)

2016 - Floyd (horrible EDGE but good offball LB - not good enough for Pace to re-sign though apparently), Whitehair (overpaid for play), Howard (exploded on the scene and is a ghost now)

2015 - Goldman (overrated and overpaid), Amos (been really good - for GB)

I mean as a scout his best players have been from Free Agency/trades aside from Smith, Monty and Mooney. Mack, Hicks, Quinn, ARob, early DT, etc. The heart of his talent for the team was either FAs/trades or was here when he got here (Fuller, Long, Leno, Jeffery, Bennett, Forte, Cutler, etc. After 7 years he has drafted 4 proven offensive players - Monty, Mooney, Whitehair, and Daniels. IMO only Monty has any reason to be near a top 10 contract at their position. I have hope for Fields, Jenkins, Borom, Hertbert, and Newsome but I did for Miller, Howard, and several others.

Pace sucks, we can hope he crushes one year of draft picks every 7 years.

I'm gonna keep going back this.....everyone was excited when we got Mack, but now that Pace didn't have the capital as most teams did for two years, everyone holds it against it him to fit a personal agenda.

Drafting players is hard. Look at the rest of the league. 

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm gonna keep going back this.....everyone was excited when we got Mack, but now that Pace didn't have the capital as most teams did for two years, everyone holds it against it him to fit a personal agenda.

Drafting players is hard. Look at the rest of the league. 

The problem with the Mack trade was that it was made assuming Mitch would be good.

When Mitch wasn’t good they had no off ramp or resources to adjust.

Mack upped the expectations and pressure before the offense was ready… turns out it never was going to be ready.

Drafting is Pace’s strength. His last 2 drafts look super strong. The main issue with his drafts for me is he rarely lands star players. Elite difference makers. The only elite difference maker at a premium position he has landed is Johnson.

The problem is that Pace isn’t a college scouting director. He is GM and his cap management and hiring are horrendous.

Just now, WindyCity said:

The problem with the Mack trade was that it was made assuming Mitch would be good.

When Mitch wasn’t good they had no off ramp or resources to adjust.

Your not wrong in hindsight, but neither is every other team in the league who tries to go all out and build around a QB who they believe in while they're still on their rookie contract like Pace did with Mitch. And let's not forget that alot of you fans bought into the Mitch hype too so.....

Criticize it all you want (and there is plenty to criticize) but Pace did it the way you are supposed to do it. He just chose the wrong QB do it behind. Just like many others.