Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Given our “hiring committee” this is very noteworthy IMO. 

Allbright keeps making winky face emojis at all the tweets about bears interviewing Daboll, AKA Fatt Nagy.  That’s certainly suggestive.  He’s not 100%, but he’s pretty damn good.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Allbright keeps making winky face emojis at all the tweets about bears interviewing Daboll, AKA Fatt Nagy.  That’s certainly suggestive.  He’s not 100%, but he’s pretty damn good.

Agreed. And he’s been linking Daboll to the Bears since November, saying he thinks he’s the Bears’ “preferred” candidate. . Also says he thinks Fields would do well in Daboll’s system, and he (Allbright) has been as critical of Fields as anyone.

Looking at the jump Josh Allen made under Daboll’s watch (he was a 52% passer as a rookie) to where he’s at now it’d be hard not to get excited about that possibility for JF1. Fields’ passing ability is already well ahead of where Allen was after year 1 too.

I’d be super excited to see what Mooney could do in a Daboll offense too. Would it be crazy to think he could put up Diggs-like production in it?

Diggs 2021: 164 targets, 102/1225/10

Mooney 2021: 140 targets, 81/1055/4 in an offense that rarely pushed the ball down the field. 

It’s a bit pie in the sky, but hey, that’s what the offseason is for lol. 

• Like 4

After thinking about it. You guys should go get Brian Flores. 

He would be a great fit surrounding Justin with quality coaching. Even though he’s not an offensive guy I think he would bring a championship culture to your franchise. 

He’s going to hire the right OCs. People want to coach under him. I think it’d be a great fit and you guys should make him your priority target. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

According to dabearsblog we have requested Jeff Ireland & Rick Smith for GM interviews...

Hoping today we get announcements for Ed Dodds and Joe Schoen at GM today...

HC there are a ton of guys I would still like to speak with...McDaniels, Daboll, Moore, Bowles, Flores...maybe even Harbaugh of we want Ireland.

40 minutes ago, brownie man said:

After thinking about it. You guys should go get Brian Flores. 

Another failed experiment from the Belichick tree. No thanks.

Although he and Frazier would fit the bill for a typical HC hire from McCaskey/Teddy.

1) Little to no HC experience--CHECK
2) Little to no HC experience means cheaper--CHECK

All the big name guys people have been talking about for months are apparently on the list we've at least requested to talk to, save McDaniels (and he might be on the list too, I just don't tremendously hearing his name yet) and Ryan Day (though I'd be shocked if he even considered leaving Ohio State) 

I'm hoping they do take some interviews with a few other college coaches as well beyond Harbaugh and maybe Day as well, as the different varied backgrounds and perspectives on the Bears franchise in general, could lead to more perspectives and ideas for to move forward. 

Edited by Epyon

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

According to dabearsblog we have requested Jeff Ireland & Rick Smith for GM interviews...

Hoping today we get announcements for Ed Dodds and Joe Schoen at GM today...

HC there are a ton of guys I would still like to speak with...McDaniels, Daboll, Moore, Bowles, Flores...maybe even Harbaugh of we want Ireland.

Has anyone requested Dodds? I don't recall seeing it. That might be for a reason

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Another failed experiment from the Belichick tree. No thanks.

He’s not a failed experiment just cause the Dolphins made a random and unexpected decision to fire him. 

52 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Rapoport says they're interviewing Bowles

Guess he just wasn’t ready in 2015

I think I’ll be a little disappointed if we get a defensive minded HC. I just want a fully fleshed out offense for once. I like the thought of Daboll and Leftwich