Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Being out after 3 seasons with a 24-25 record with no playoff appearances says to me you haven't earned the right to think you should be the CEO...

Those kinds of demands only tie into some of the other off the field stuff we have heard of Flores...seems like an excellent coach on the field...but also seems to think he is something he is not...Belichick. 

I agree with you that Flores seems risky to give that kind of power to.

All I am saying is they all want to be Belichick and feel like they can't be if someone above them is stifling them.   I get it.

It is really hard to create your program in perfect circumstances, and impossible when you all aren't pulling on rope in same direction.

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't know if the Bears are speeding up the process or he was responding to someone saying they should be speeding up the process.

He was responding to Aaron Lemming saying he thinks they narrow the list by the end of the week

Because recruiters just try to find best athletes they can get the metaphor doesn't work.

But imagine there was a HS draft for colleges.  Or a middle school draft for HS coaches.  

And you told the HC you were going to hire another guy to pick his players for him.

That seems weird doesn't it?

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

Yep. I'm torn if I want Buffalo to win this weekend or not. 

I don't think it would make a difference...deal could be done long before that and announced or not...

Inside looking out I think we all rate Schoen & Daboll but it will be interesting to see how they are viewed by our ownership...Schoen grew up a Bears fan...does one call telling him he is really in the running for this job stop him from taking the Giants role before having a 2nd interview with us? Hopefully...does Daboll want Daniel Jones more than Justin Fields? I doubt it...

We shouldn't speed up the process but if we do rate these guys we have to make them aware as quickly as possible they are in the running so they have all the info to make the best decision.

16 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Specifically with the giants job, as a coach, you have to ask yourself, “which would I rather have, fields or Jones/rookie 1st round this year”

I'd rather have Fields then Jones and any first QB this year. Corral would've been a 2nd rounder last year and no one else at that position is worth a top 15 pick this year

But we don't know if they have a Bucs-esque plan. Perhaps they're selling candidates hard on a Watson or Wilson trade

Edited by beardown3231

My gut tells me that Bears will hire a minority at either GM or HC because of George's involvement with the league's diversity program and also considering who is part of the group along with Polian that are consulting for these hires...which btw would be great because there are a lot of very qualified minority candidates at both spots.

Perhaps any combo of these?

- Morocco Brown & Brian Daboll

- Morocco Brown & Matt Eberflus

- Monti Ossenfort/Reggie McKenzie & Brian Flores

- Omar Khan & Byron Leftwich