Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

2 hours ago, Madleg81 said:

Unfortunately, body of work doesn't carry over to what they are today.  Decker looked finished in Tenessee and when he wasn't getting open he was dropping gimmies left and right.  Jordy definitely has lost a couple steps.  You can blame QB play but it didn't seem to affect Devonte Adams without Rogers.  Crabs has never taken the top off a defense but I'd still take him TODAY over those two.  The other 2 are already showing signs of noticeabe decline, Crabs has not shown that yet and his down season can be attributed to the whole team having a down year with an in over his head OC.

We're not comparing careers because all that matters is the player they are now.

Simply not true. He had the bad drop in the playoff game vs KC but had 2 drops in regular season. My guess is that you only saw that one game and assumed it was that way all year. It wasn't.

I firmly believe we'll be worlds better this year under Gruden's discipline than last year. However, assembling this many older veteran stop gaps has me concerned. At least the guys we signed on defense still have several years in them if they perform. 

3 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Simply not true. He had the bad drop in the playoff game vs KC but had 2 drops in regular season. My guess is that you only saw that one game and assumed it was that way all year. It wasn't.

FWIW, the official logs has Cook, Crabtree and Cooper tied for 9th most in the league in drops. 

That being said, Cooper had many more missed opportunities than Crabtree did going off the eye test. 

That being said, that being said....any WR corps that can not all be the bottom 10 in drops is going to be a huge improvement, and I'll be looking forward to it no matter what their ages. 

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I firmly believe we'll be worlds better this year under Gruden's discipline than last year. However, assembling this many older veteran stop gaps has me concerned. At least the guys we signed on defense still have several years in them if they perform. 

Stop with this narrative. We've signed two guys, maybe three, that could be considered vet stop gaps OUT OF 12 SIGNINGS.

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

What are we talking about here? Jordy Nelson but who else? 29 year old Doug Martin who will probably be 3rd in RB touches next year? Who else?

Jordy Nelson was having another excellent year before Rodgers went out. Can we agree that Carr is closer to Rodgers in terms of passing than Hundley? Should we have paid Albert Wilson that money?

Good to see this forum is back to its old ways of "the sky is falling."

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Really? That would be freaking huge.

Yeah, I just got a push notification from the B/R team stream that said it. I would've double checked, but I wanted to be the first one to say something.

17 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

My bad I didn't realize I was talking to the Titans WRs coach....I saw as much football as you did most likely and the stats my say one thing, but the game tape shows he missed balls that should've been hauled in.  

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I read that he is going to the highest bidder, which I assumed would take us out of the running. Suh is one of the elite interior players that you do whatever you have to in order to secure him. 

He went to the highest bidder last time and we all saw how that turned out for him, he's made a ton of money in his career, maybe he's more interested in fit/outlook at this point and we've got a shot. Next to Jelly he could really get after the QB and him and Mack on the same side is just plain scary. 

Archived