Back to the Future in the NFC North...

vike daddy

20 minutes ago, viking said:

Last year Fields was total trash and this season he's going to have to learn a totally new scheme with a declining team around him.

I'm more worried about the Lions than the Bears next season

I think that will depend on the coach and direction of the team. Living in Chicago I see a lot of Bears games, and Fields was really held back by Nagy, as expected. He flashed several times and with a new FO and coaching staff I think he can still be a really good QB. 

I'm not going to worry about the Lions if Jared Goff is the QB.

Bigger picture - none of these teams are scary in the next 2 years, and the Vikings should try to get ahead and make the others chase them.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what is the future of:

Jordan Love
Jared Goff
Justin Fields

and the NFC North teams they play for?

I still think Goff is just a short-term fix...I don't think much about the future of Love, as I think they'll figure out pretty quickly that he's a bust.  And as far as Fields, their new HC will determine his future.  He has lots of talent, but I'm still not sold on the Bears as the organization to help bring that out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think that's an original quote by Lincoln.

I can send you the link via PM if you'd like.

But whoever said it must be very wise.

It could be inferred from a biblical verse, but it's true that there is no proof that Abraham Lincoln ever said it.  But, it's still a good quote, nonetheless...and very true.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I think that will depend on the coach and direction of the team. Living in Chicago I see a lot of Bears games, and Fields was really held back by Nagy, as expected. He flashed several times and with a new FO and coaching staff I think he can still be a really good QB. 

I'm not going to worry about the Lions if Jared Goff is the QB.

Bigger picture - none of these teams are scary in the next 2 years, and the Vikings should try to get ahead and make the others chase them.

I've just seen the Bears are hiring the colts former DC - I'd love to see the Bears get stuck in a loop of a new OC & Scheme every year like the Vikings have found themselves in.

Lions will draft a QB with one of their first rounders this year most likely. I can see them being a 2014-2015 Vikings esque team who can play any team close.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Even without Rodgers and other contributors, I think the Packers are the favorites to win the NFCN in 2022, barring a drastic change in FA/trades/draft.

Yeah, I can't agree with that. This division will likely be as wide open as it has ever been since the Favre/Rodgers days.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Yeah, I can't agree with that. This division will likely be as wide open as it has ever been since the Favre/Rodgers days.

Agreed.  Without Rodgers and Davante, they are a middle of the road team, even if they somehow find a way to bring back both of the Smiths on defense.  This division will be wide open.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think that's an original quote by Lincoln.

I can send you the link via PM if you'd like.

But whoever said it must be very wise.

I was thinking it was something Vike Daddy said to you Steve lol!  Actually, it is a quote from Maurice Switzer:

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/3113771-better-to-remain-silent-and-be-thought-a-fool-than

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  Without Rodgers and Davante, they are a middle of the road team, even if they somehow find a way to bring back both of the Smiths on defense.  This division will be wide open.  

Which probably helps Kirk Cousins out a lot. I think it’s very likely that Cousins gives this team the best shot of winning next year. There won’t be a veteran as good as him realistically available to Mn. I could see making the playoffs as a huge priority for a first year head coach. You want to start creating a winning culture it should happen year one. 

If the defense can get to middle of the pack with mostly the same offense, I don’t see why MN can’t win 9-10 games and win the division.

If Rodgers and Adams return, it certainly makes a path to a division much more challenging.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

Looking toward the draft for the NFC North and our rivals draft positions it appears that the Vikings lucked out in the way the draft order shook out.

Lions second 1st rounder from the Rams will be 31 or 32.

Bears sucked but their pick is the Giants

Packers went pretty far this season but ultimately fell short.

Couldn't be better from a Vikings perspective