Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

But we have Carr what QB's did those teams have?

You guys (Raiders fans I mean, and I know several) run hot and cold on Carr. One year he’s an MVP candidate and bona fide franchise QB. The next year they want to run him out of town. 

If memory serves, for most of Carr’s career, particularly his best seasons, you guys have run some variant of the WCO under Musgrave and Gruden and now McD is going to come in and install his version Erhardt/Perkins offense. So Carr, at age 30, will have to learn a new system. 

Last time McD was a HC he was hired by a team (DEN) that ran a WCO and had a QB suited that system (Cutler) but he tried to trade that QB for one (Cassell) who knew his system and when that blew up he traded for Orton + picks. 

How many picks do you think it would take to pry Jared Stindham loose from NE? 

McDaniels success with QB’s has definitely been astonishing. His only blemishes are basically Cam Newton and a Rookie Sam Bradford. Newton was washed, and IMO not smart enough for a McDaniels scheme. Outside of Brady, the work he has done with Cassel and Mac Jones is quite impressive. The Mac Jones development is what landed him a HC job this off season (and his overall resume). 

McDaniels system doesn’t even need much arm talent. So it’ll be interesting to see how he does with Carr, who actually has a good arm. I hope he adjusts his system to take more deep shots. 

Whether Carr, Rodgers, or Wilson is QB Week 1, I’m pretty excited. McDaniels does bring a world class innovative scheme like Shanahan, McVay, Reid, etc. He’s in the Top 5 for innovative offenses. Let’s hope it all works out. 

You can also say from 2001-2006 Brady was one of the most overrated QB’s in the league, Pats were winning titles with defense and Brady was playing like a Top 12-13 QB. Although he did have the “it” factor. Brady’s first great season was 2007, when McDaniels became coordinator the year before. So McDaniels contributed to Brady developing into who he is greatly. We can argue perhaps Brady never transforms into that QB without Josh. 

2007-Present, Brady basically put up Top 3 numbers almost every season, and was the best player on whatever team he played for. 

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You can also say from 2001-2006 Brady was one of the most overrated QB’s in the league, Pats were winning titles with defense and Brady was playing like a Top 12-13 QB. Although he did have the “it” factor. Brady’s first great season was 2007, when McDaniels became coordinator the year before. So McDaniels contributed to Brady developing into who he is greatly. We can argue perhaps Brady never transforms into that QB without Josh. 

2007-Present, Brady basically put up Top 3 numbers almost every season, and was the best player on whatever team he played for. 

You’re not wrong, the Patriots also traded for Randy Moss which really opened up the playbook and helped them go 18-0. The Raiders have their version of welker and Gronk, what they need is a Moss…

27 minutes ago, roi34 said:

listen I'm sure coaches can adjust systems like.. your an nfl coach. 

I'm sure coaches can adjust systems but he ran a 3-4 in New England and in Miami. Yannick and Maxx are good but they're really the only reason that we would hesitate to switch the scheme.

7 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Oh Frankie

What above average talent do we really have on the roster?  Every NFL team has some talent but what above average talent do we have?  Carr, Waller, Miller, Renfrow in the slot, Maxx, YN, Hayward who is 33 and may not be back.  Everyone else on the roster is average at best or unproven and we have little to no depth.  This team was by far the least talented team in the playoffs and it was by a wide margin.  

What lured JM here?  I have said it before, he has a QB in Carr that he feels that he can win with, build around and he gets to work with Ziegler, his long time friend who he trusts.  Those are the two major factors.  If we had Tua at QB there is no chance we land either of those two!