Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I have to disagree with a few names on that list considering what the Raiders lost. Big Ben was washed this season, every Steeler fan will tell you. Wentz missed the playoffs with way more talent than the Raiders had. If Jackson isn’t injured perhaps, but his playing style lends to that. Mayfield and Jimmy G where complete liabilities to their own more talented teams. Lawrence is a generational talent but he looked bad playing in a situation almost as bad as the Raiders.  Hurts also hasn’t been above average in philly, hard to see him leading the Raiders to the playoffs. Tannehill looks great when he’s not the focal point which he would have been this past season due to the nonexistent run game. 

I’m not saying that Carr deserves the MVP or anything but to say that 20 guys could come in and lead an offense that loses its play caller, top WR, top pass catcher, both of its running backs for most of the season and still make playoffs is foolish. Offenses can lose half of what I just said and still wind up picking top 5. I can assure you that if Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Prescott, Wilson, Burrow or Allen had Carr’s season and stats they’d be praised for it. Carr isn’t great, but with what this team lost, they should be picking top ten not a ten win team. 

You just made my point actually I named 22 dudes you named what 7? Point is like you said Carr is not Elite. The TEAM did it. Not him. Did he do well? Yes. Don't forget I said I think he is top 12 I just don't think he is top 5 which would be elite. And my whole point was the talent on the team is not dumpster fire level.

10 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

You just made my point actually I named 22 dudes you named what 7? Point is like you said Carr is not Elite. The TEAM did it. Not him. Did he do well? Yes. Don't forget I said I think he is top 12 I just don't think he is top 5 which would be elite. And my whole point was the talent on the team is not dumpster fire level.

I agree with you that Carr is in the upper half of the QBs in the league. I mostly want to dispel the notion that he’s a scrub and that almost anyone could have done what he did last season. There are others here who think he’s on par with Mahomes and Rodgers. I think the truth is somewhere in between. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I agree with you that Carr is in the upper half of the QBs in the league. I mostly want to dispel the notion that he’s a scrub and that almost anyone could have done what he did last season. There are others here who think he’s on par with Mahomes and Rodgers. I think the truth is somewhere in between. 

I haven't seen anyone here who thinks that highly of him, that seems a bit over the top, maybe I missed those convo's though. I think Carr's best ceiling analogy is if he is put in the right system with enough support and scheme, he could be Stafford like, or maybe, Eli Manning like. Good enough to help get you to the superbowl and make a few plays and drives to help you win while you're there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Meh... this is click bait. Totally reaching based on one quote from Tafur's recent article:

The head line reads "disappointed with Josh McDaniels" which is completely misleading and they hope you just read the head line. 

The quote states they were disappointed regarding Bisaccia. Not with the choice of McDaniels.  

Reading comprehension has never been my forte

Just listening in again to the press conference and one thing that struck me as really positive is that coming from a background of winning and winning championships McDaniels knows what it takes and has experienced the failures at Denver and he clearly bided his time and waited for the right situation, he clearly feels like this is the right situation which is very, very positive. I got the feeling from the conference that he's humbled a bit and we now are putting the right structures in place for long term success. I'm optimistic about this process.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Zero mention of leadership.

That's the main concern, really. Especially so coming after Bisaccia who was universally liked by the players.

McDaniels is saying all the right things, but I think we still need to be cautious. It's one thing to identify where you've gone wrong before; it's another to actually have the capability to change.

• Like 1