Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

What percentage of above average starters would you say a team needs? I only ask because by your own list that is right at 32 percent of 22 possible offensive and defensive starters. And since we are talking about the beat players in the world at the sport. And there being 32 teams. It seems like 32 percent isn't a terrible number.

The answer is not as simple as a certain percentage of above average players makes a team good or not.  It is much more complex than that and being a "good" player is quite subjective unless we're talking about Aaron Donald so someone who is without question elite.  

I would also argue that we have terrible depth and as we all know the season is long and grueling.  The majority of our backups are fringe roster players on most other teams.  

Making the playoffs with our overall roster talent was quite surprising to me.  They certainly overachieved based on talent, I don't believe there is any question to that as there were much more talented team sitting at home watching the playoffs.  This ability to overachieve is something that can't be quantified but is rooted in heart and determination.  For what this team lacked in talent they made up for in heart and I have a lot of respect for that.  I thought they would quit at some point throughout the season like I have seen so many Raiders team do over the last 20 years but they didn't.    

I was more proud of what this team accomplished than any other Raider team in the last 20 years.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

Bahahaha Renfrow eats up teams 3rd best corners lol Jalen Ramsey, Xaven Howard only 2 of the best in the game. And the kid has over a grand for the year. But yeah sure he is just another guy. Killin teams 3rd best corners and can't win outside SMH. Need to make sure we get us a 6'3"+ dude outside. 😆 🤣 Your so funny Francis. And I get what your trying to say. But what you sound like is a Carr fan. Not a Raider fan. True Carr played amazingly this year at times. He also played like a straight up chump at times. And why does it have to be Tua? There are 25 other starters that could have had about the same results. And that's just being real. Carr is a top 12 qb no doubt. But he is not and has never been elite. And that's ok. But my issue is you acting like we have the worst roster in the league when we have an above average group. Could it be better? Certainly! More depth needed? You bet! But this group is light years ahead of what was run onto the field a year or two ago. Sometimes I really wish we would trade Carr just to shut the Carr infighting up. But then I realize it will just continue but with a different name. McGloin or whoever.

If you think there are close to 25 QB's that could have lead this team, a team who lost their HC and best WR into the playoffs you're beyond mistaken!

Brady Wilson Allen Mahomes Rogers Jackson Murray Herbert Prescott Mayfield Stafford Tanneyhill Burrow Lawrence Garropolo Jones Roethlisberger Hurts Wentz other Jones maybe even guys like the Dalton or Goff. And I dont hate Carr. I think he is like I said a top 12 QB that's well above average. But I'm not going to try and fool myself into thinking he is the main reason we made the playoffs. The ENTIRE team did it. They played with heart just like you said. But they also had the talent. Heart is great but a college team with all the heart in the world wouldn't beat ANY NFL team. Why? The talent divide would be too much to overcome. PERIOD

Edited by BigD1123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Edz209 said:

he said something along the lines of us firing reggie to form an all white group mayock,gruden and something about our roster black percentage decreasing since them taking over 

I was just reading a Top 5 article for DC for us with Fangio, Flores, 'Wink', Mayo and Whitt. I'd be happy with any of them and would have kept Bradley had we not lost his assistants. If I'm being honest these above comments slides Flores down on my list. Before those comments it would have been in the above order. After this past season, I don't want any distractions/drama added with off field stuff. Sucks because before these comments I wouldn't have been upset had he been chosen as the HC... I respect him for speaking how he feels but as a 'business' decision I'd probably pass. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, G said:

I was just reading a Top 5 article for DC for us with Fangio, Flores, 'Wink', Mayo and Whitt. I'd be happy with any of them and would have kept Bradley had we not lost his assistants. If I'm being honest these above comments slides Flores down on my list. Before those comments it would have been in the above order. After this past season, I don't want any distractions/drama added with off field stuff. Sucks because before these comments I wouldn't have been upset had he been chosen as the HC... I respect him for speaking how he feels but as a 'business' decision I'd probably pass. 

I was literally thinking the same. In my mind I thought wow at first I wondered if the lawsuit would cost him another hc job in the future. Now I'm like well just from what I've read and heard he is already trashed over 10 percent if the league. Of that's the case will he even get a DC job?

Edited by BigD1123
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

Brady Wilson Allen Mahomes Rogers Jackson Murray Herbert Prescott Mayfield Stafford Tanneyhill Burrow Lawrence Garropolo Jones Roethlisberger Hurts Wentz other Jones maybe even guys like the Dalton or Goff. And I dont hate Carr. I think he is like I said a top 12 QB that's well above average. But I'm not going to try and fool myself into thinking he is the main reason we made the playoffs. The ENTIRE team did it. They played with heart just like you said. But they also had the talent. Heart is great but a college team with all the heart in the world wouldn't beat ANY NFL team. Why? The talent divide would be too much to overcome. PERIOD

I'm speechless in regards to that list.... 

• Like 2

You seem to forget there were games won that would have normally been lost due to mistakes by Carr. So yeah most starters in the NFL would have had the same or a very similar outcome to this season. Some guys we win 9 games some 11 and so forth. But none could have done it without talent. You literally called the team a dumpster fire meaning void of talent. Then went on to say later that the majority of players were average with only a handful (32%) being above average. It can't be both.

3 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I have to disagree with a few names on that list considering what the Raiders lost. Big Ben was washed this season, every Steeler fan will tell you. Wentz missed the playoffs with way more talent than the Raiders had. If Jackson isn’t injured perhaps, but his playing style lends to that. Mayfield and Jimmy G where complete liabilities to their own more talented teams. Lawrence is a generational talent but he looked bad playing in a situation almost as bad as the Raiders.  Hurts also hasn’t been above average in philly, hard to see him leading the Raiders to the playoffs. Tannehill looks great when he’s not the focal point which he would have been this past season due to the nonexistent run game. 

I’m not saying that Carr deserves the MVP or anything but to say that 20 guys could come in and lead an offense that loses its play caller, top WR, top pass catcher, both of its running backs for most of the season and still make playoffs is foolish. Offenses can lose half of what I just said and still wind up picking top 5. I can assure you that if Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Prescott, Wilson, Burrow or Allen had Carr’s season and stats they’d be praised for it. Carr isn’t great, but with what this team lost, they should be picking top ten not a ten win team. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Meh... this is click bait. Totally reaching based on one quote from Tafur's recent article:

from Tafur:

"Raiders players were disappointed to hear the news after they had made a serious push for interim coach Rich Bisaccia and his staff. The players themselves probably thought the curse was over after they had overcome a series of off-field incidents and won four straight games down the stretch to make the playoffs for the first time in five years.

Tafur adds that Las Vegas' coaching staff also was "disappointed and a little bitter."

The head line reads "disappointed with Josh McDaniels" which is completely misleading and they hope you just read the head line. 

The quote states they were disappointed regarding Bisaccia. Not with the choice of McDaniels.  

• Like 1