2021 Super Bowl GDT Thread: (4) Rams vs (4) Bengals

NYRaider

Winner?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Rams
    • Bengals

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive got a question for you, and the masses, about Burrow. You said in another thread that he is going to be a great/elite QB. If he chokes hard in this game, does that change your perception? Were talking a 50%cmp, 60 rating, <5 any/a, 1td-3 turnovers type game. Obviously in this scenario, they also lose. Because if you have a crap game at QB and your team wins, nobody cares. 

No rams are just stacked, experience, young team, fresh off a ACL. Bengals are playing with house money.. They shouldn’t be here, yet here they are. He’s had more post season success in 1 year than trash as Dak, whose had more talent around him.. WHO DEY! 

7 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

No rams are just stacked, experience, young team, fresh off a ACL. Bengals are playing with house money.. They shouldn’t be here, yet here they are. He’s had more post season success in 1 year than trash as Dak, whose had more talent around him.. WHO DEY! 

I know you and @SkippyX like to bring up Dak in every thread I post in, but do me a favor, look at this:

Dak's supporting cast was ranked #7. Specifically, our WRs were ranked #59 at getting open.

Burrow's supporting cast was ranked the absolute best in the NFL. #1. His WRs were #12 in the NFL at getting open. 

Additionally, the Benagals OL out performed the Cowboys OL in the playoffs. 

So next time you want to try and bash Dak, try to not say something stupid. Now go join my mafia game. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You mean trading Woods' contract? Being 14 million over right now would make it tough to Give OBJ 15-18 million. I'm sure they will cut some contracts but I don't see a way they can Pay Kupp, Woods and OBJ over 15 each with their other big contracts. It surely wouldn't seem like a priority but heck, it would be fun to see them try.

We're closer to -8 million, and that'll be taken care of and then some by extending Stafford.

There are probably a few more contracts we can re-structure, a few more cuts we can make.

Then we have a few FAs to consider - if Whitworth retires, we'd like to re-sign Noteboom (but that combo happening would still free up some money), and I'd imagine at least one of Allen or Corbett as well.

Then next up would be Miller and OBJ - and it would take a lot of cap gymnastics plus some discounts to make it happen. But I wouldn't put anything past Snead.

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I know you and @SkippyX like to bring up Dak in every thread I post in, but do me a favor, look at this:

Dak's supporting cast was ranked #7. Specifically, our WRs were ranked #59 at getting open.

Burrow's supporting cast was ranked the absolute best in the NFL. #1. His WRs were #12 in the NFL at getting open. 

Additionally, the Benagals OL out performed the Cowboys OL in the playoffs. 

So next time you want to try and bash Dak, try to not say something stupid. Now go join my mafia game. 

Bro shut up. You put so many excuses, the O is as. All y’all can do is beat the East. Who do you blame the slow start against the Niners? Who decided to run the ball with 14 seconds left? You act like Dak can do no wrong and it’s disgusting. 

8 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Bro shut up. You put so many excuses, the O is as. All y’all can do is beat the East. Who do you blame the slow start against the Niners? Who decided to run the ball with 14 seconds left? You act like Dak can do no wrong and it’s disgusting. 

I didnt know facts where now considered excuses. But I would blame the first part on Moore, Dak and the OL. I dont care at all about the second one because we had already pooped the bed for 59:46 at that point and the game was over. 

Ive never cared less about about game losing play. Because even if we do manage to get 1 second, were still not winning. Some 3rd string 9er would have sacked Dak before our WRs could even pretend to get into the endzone. 

9ers were better than us on that day. From coaching, to QB, to OL/DL... everything. They deserved that win. And yes, Dak played just as horrific as the rest of the team.

EDIT - I literally went into the NFL Gen GDT and congratulated @Forge for the win before that 14 second play was ran. He said "theres still time" and I was like "nope" 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I didnt know facts where now considered excuses. But I would blame the first part on Moore, Dak and the OL. I dont care at all about the second one because we had already pooped the bed for 59:46 at that point and the game was over. 

Ive never cared less about about game losing play. Because even if we do manage to get 1 second, were still not winning. Some 3rd string 9er would have sacked Dak before our WRs could even pretend to get into the endzone. 

9ers were better than us on that day. From coaching, to QB, to OL/DL... everything. They deserved that win. And yes, Dak played just as horrific as the rest of the team.

At least you admit it. Dak could make Kellen look a lot better though. After all it’s him whose throwing the ball. 

40 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

At least you admit it. Dak could make Kellen look a lot better though. After all it’s him whose throwing the ball. 

Real request for 1 sec: This is a thread about the Rams and Bengals. Can you stop mentioning Dak every time I post? For example, I ask you a real question about Burrow. You respond with "loldak tho #meme.pokepoke". The people reading this probably hate me for responding. But you know me. You know I am going to respond when you talk ish about him. 

So just... dont. Save it for other threads. Like the mafia thread.

• Like 1

Step 1 - put on the tin foil

Step 2 - quote random weird statistics from unnamed sources as if they are truth itself

Did you know that the Cowboys ranked 65th in time in the pocket on 3rd and between 7 and 9 yards? How can anyone expect to forward pass with that garbage line!!!

Step 3 - Start yelling about your special favorite Cowboys QB in the Super Bowl thread.

Step 3 - Cry about being persecuted.

... who cares?

Edited by SkippyX

38 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

Are the Bengals here if Derrick Henry isn’t playing with a plate in his foot in the playoffs?

If Jaquisky Tart holds onto a ball...

If Bowles does not go zero blitz and Brady wins a coin flip...

Its all butterfly wings from week 1 to 22.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

If Jaquisky Tart holds onto a ball...

If Bowles does not go zero blitz and Brady wins a coin flip...

Its all butterfly wings from week 1 to 22.

You cant say "if Tartt holds onto the ball" bc what do you think the Niners do if he caught that ball? The Niners on offense in the 4th quarter only mustered like 38yds total. Their last positive yardage came at the 12:02 mark. After that they never gain a single yard the rest of the game. So if Tartt catches that ball, do you think the Niners would go down and score? I dont. Not the way the Rams defense was playing in the 4th quarter. Either the Niners wouldve went 3 and out and punted the ball back to the Rams or Jimmy G wouldve turned the ball over like he tried to do when he threw it straight to Ramsey and what he did do when Howard intercepted it that iced the game.

1 hour ago, DigInBoys said:

Are the Bengals here if Derrick Henry isn’t playing with a plate in his foot in the playoffs?

We would never know. The thing is, Henry isnt what cost the Titans the game. Brown had over 100yds receiving and the defense had 9 sacks and pressured Burrow all game long. Tannehill being so bad is what cost the Titans the game. If the Titans had Mahomes, Allen, ARod, heck even Jimmy G and got that type of production from the receiver and defense the Titans win. 

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive got a question for you, and the masses, about Burrow. You said in another thread that he is going to be a great/elite QB. If he chokes hard in this game, does that change your perception? Were talking a 50%cmp, 60 rating, <5 any/a, 1td-3 turnovers type game. Obviously in this scenario, they also lose. Because if you have a crap game at QB and your team wins, nobody cares. 

He would take a huge hit if that happens. His whole thing is "winner" and "it" which is all make believe. There is no such things. Intangibles are ghost stories of sports.  Except poise/clutch. Joe's selling point isnt his physical abilities/tangible talents. Other than being very accurate. Though he is proving to be surprisingly elusive in the pocket. 

No such thing as house money or not supposed to be here. Preseason projections don't matter once the season plays out. For all we know this is the only time he ever makes it.

His defense and kicker helped immensively to get him here.. it's time to take center stage and prove he is what the hacks say he is.