49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

San Francisco 49ers

• DL Bilal Nichols
  • CB Desmond King
  • Edge Dante Fowler Jr.

If the 49ers lose D.J. Jones in free agency, Nichols might make sense as a replacement, and it seems likely that he will cost less. King has experience playing both nickel and outside and would give the 49ers another option in the secondary. Fowler had an 11.5-sack season with the Rams in 2019 but was not productive after signing a big contract with the Falcons. He could offer value on a one-year deal as he tries to get his career back on track.

From the Athletic, 3 FA fits. 

If we lose DJ, and also cut Ebukam, and lose K'Waun, these 3 would be great pickups, I just wonder what Nichols will want, same with King.

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Brunskill and Al-Shaair are the only two RFA's we have and the right of first refusal tender amount is $2.43 mil.

I'd love to see Brunskill get the Jeff Wilson deal from last year rather than the tender amount. I'd be fine with Al-Shaair getting the tender, but with the rumors of Azeez getting trade attention, I'm not sure right of first refusal will cut it, which means the next tender up is the 2nd round tender at $4 mil.

I'd rather the Niners sign him to a multi-year deal around $1.5-$2.25 mil AAV.

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Tenders are due on the start of the new league year correct? 

Correct.

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Brunskill and Al-Shaair are the only two RFA's we have and the right of first refusal tender amount is $2.43 mil.

I'd love to see Brunskill get the Jeff Wilson deal from last year rather than the tender amount. I'd be fine with Al-Shaair getting the tender, but with the rumors of Azeez getting trade attention, I'm not sure right of first refusal will cut it, which means the next tender up is the 2nd round tender at $4 mil.

I'd rather the Niners sign him to a multi-year deal around $1.5-$2.25 mil AAV.

Street is a RFA too, he only has 3 accrued seasons, since he spent his rookie yr on NFI, he didn't get an accrued year.

1 minute ago, 49erscap said:

Correct.

Street is a RFA too, he only has 3 accrued seasons, since he spent his rookie yr on NFI, he didn't get an accrued year.

Good catch. Spotrac has Street as a UFA but OTC has him as an RFA. I should've looked at OTC.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Correct.

Is there any update about Tarvarius Moore? Heard he was fighting the 49ers on his contract being tolled. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

For 4-5m i wouldn't even bat a eye if we bring him in and trade away Al-Shaair or Greenlaw or even both.

Meh, but we're paying both those guys peanuts though. And eveb if it is only 4-5 mil, we could use that to sign a decent back-up edge.

I have no problem with us flipping either Greenlaw or Al for a decent pick. But not to turnaround and pay another LB milions more for basically the same production.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, but we're paying both those guys peanuts though. And eveb if it is only 4-5 mil, we could use that to sign a decent back-up edge.

I have no problem with us flipping either Greenlaw or Al for a decent pick. But not to turnaround and pay another LB milions more for basically the same production.

For this coming year its peanuts yeah. After that both are FA's i believe which will put them in that same bracket or higher. 

Like i am not saying he is a must sign and you have to go out and get him but at that price point if you can get him for 2/3 years i would have zero complaints if he was signed and we traded either of the other two. 

Edited by Justone2

44 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

While I don’t think linebacker is something we don’t need to add to, Bobby Wagner would still be an upgrade from Aziz or Greenlaw…….Wagner next to Warner is an upgrade and he is still one of the best LB’s in the league.

I wouldn’t mind trading Aziz or Greenlaw for a draft pick and then signing Wagner.

Again, while I think it’s an upgrade, we do have more pressing needs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

For this coming year its peanuts yeah. After that both are FA's i believe which will put them in that same bracket or higher. 

Like i am not saying he is a must sign and you have to go out and get him but at that price point if you can get him for 2/3 years i would have zero complaints if he was signed and we traded either of the other two. 

LB is not a position we need to spend money on right now. Unless you stumble upon a gem (Warner) who just too special to lose, you just draft one or two every other year and keep the train rolling. I never expected Greenlaw to see his second contract with us anyway. He outplayed his draft position. By a mile I should add. Kudos to the scouting department. You let some other team pay him top dollar once he hits the market, take the comp pick and bank on your college scouts can find you a comparable player. It's the Belichick model and it works if you believe in your scouting/college evaluators.

And not to mention it's a move that can alter chemistry. You bring in Wagner, are you now moving Warner to the weakside?? Wagner is still great against the run but he isn't the meance against the pass like Warner. I don't take Warner out the middle so are we putting Wagner off the ball? That's not where he fits best. Are you taking him off the field in the nickel completely and going with either Greenlaw/Al@WLB?? Then that's a complete waste of 4-5 mil imo.

Our LB sync well with our front seven and our safeties. They're all great in coverage, quick and cover alot of ground. Bringing in a guy like Wagner doesn't move the needle enough imo. His presence doesn't put us over the top or make that unit exponentially better. He's still better against the run than Warner, even at this stage of his career. But it's not like that slight upgrade makes the defense scarier. We were pretty good against the run last year, all things considered.

• Like 1