49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

24 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I didn't even see a Tweet about him agreeing, thought he might be a invite for minicamp.

I saw Akash post about him then a bunch of "breaking news" tweets about him signing. But, yeah, not seeing a lot of official stuff on this.

I just saw Verrett just re-signed and I didn't see a corresponding move made, so I think we have our answer on Jordan Mason. 

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I saw Akash post about him then a bunch of "breaking news" tweets about him signing. But, yeah, not seeing a lot of official stuff on this.

I just saw Verrett just re-signed and I didn't see a corresponding move made, so I think we have our answer on Jordan Mason. 

Might be that they haven't gotten to CA to take a physicals, and sign their deals yet, then moves will be made to get to the 90-man limit.

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

Do we bring back Tartt or does he want to move on himself? I really think Lynch wants to force Hufanga to make that next step. 

Idk if Verrett is too small or too injury-prone to play high safety or in the box but it is interesting if he got moved to safety. My guess is he's signed to compete at nickel. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

Do we bring back Tartt or does he want to move on himself? I really think Lynch wants to force Hufanga to make that next step. 

I think the team has decided to move on from tartt. Too many injuries imo. He was not moving well in the nfccg and got burnt a few times because he didnt have the recovery speed. I know he had a groin issue but I think it's time to move on from him. 

I wouldn't hate brining him back, but he's not someone I want to rely on at this point, as sad as it is to say. 

Hufanga might be the most overrated player on the roster by the fanbase. I did not like what I saw from him in coverage and I do not trust his speed in deep coverage. 

Solid ST guy, solid depth, seems like a good guy in the locker room, but imo there is too much projection into slotting him in as anything other than a rotational depth piece 

• Like 1

i really wonder if there was something with Odum or Moore that they really liked in the last couple months.

I just find it very risky to hedge a bed with anyone not named Ward right now and it’s a position that hasn’t always come easy to this regime.

maybe we should give Mark Roman a call. 

in case anyone is curious, here are our project draft picks for 2023:

• 2nd round
  • 3rd round
  • 3rd round comp (McDaniel)
  • 3rd round comp (Saleh/Mayhew)
  • 4th round
  • 5th round
  • 5th round comp (Jones)
  • 7th round (Broncos)
  • 7th round
  • 7th round comp (Key)

Edited by NinerNation21

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

in case anyone is curious, here are our project draft picks for 2023:

• 2nd round
  • 3rd round
  • 3rd round comp (McDaniel)
  • 4th round
  • 5th round
  • 5th round comp (Jones)
  • 7th round (Broncos)
  • 7th round
  • 7th round comp (Key)

We have one comp 3rd for Saleh/Mayhew left i believe so should be two comp 3rds.

• Like 1