49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

21 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Top ten but look at that G ranking.......

And that is partially driven by the assumption that Mack is coming back, which is certainly no guarantee at this point. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Top ten but look at that G ranking.......

And that OT grade is probably based soley on the exploits of T. Williams. The biggest ? heading into next season isn't Trey, it's the O-Line. Very easily I might add.

• Like 2

Lance, Kittle, Sudfeld & Dwelley went to the Warriors game last night for Lance's birthday per Kittle's IG

Juice even made a comment about how he texted Lance & didn't receive a text back. Then posted an update that he did receive the text. Same IG post

Also hear those reports of Lance reaching out to rookies who just got drafted etc

Seems like everyone is getting along just fine and Lance is acclimating himself as a leader 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Lance, Kittle, Sudfeld & Dwelley went to the Warriors game last night for Lance's birthday per Kittle's IG

Juice even made a comment about how he texted Lance & didn't receive a text back. Then posted an update that he did receive the text. Same IG post

Also hear those reports of Lance reaching out to rookies who just got drafted etc

Seems like everyone is getting along just fine and Lance is acclimating himself as a leader 

Rob Guerrera mentioned that this is perhaps the clearest sign that he really has been "given assurances" that he's the starter. He's trying to step into the limelight / leadership role more this off season. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Since he would not be relied as our #1 or even #2 WR, I don't think this is a bad risk at all. Especially if Aiyuk or Deebo get hurt. But does he want to play for a team that will run the ball as much as we do? 

I'd be curious to know what he's asking for. Sometimes great players have a hard time giving in to a lower price point until they absolutely have to, which means he may not sign until training camp. We couldn't really afford him right now anyway, so that timing may work. 

I Think it mostly just depends on where his offers finalize. He should be looking at a team like Green Bay first and foremost, even if it's a one year like 3.5M with incentives type deal. KC should also be high on his list and they can probably use another receiver if they don't want to rely on a rookie. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Since he would not be relied as our #1 or even #2 WR, I don't think this is a bad risk at all. Especially if Aiyuk or Deebo get hurt. But does he want to play for a team that will run the ball as much as we do? 

Perhaps Gray maybe primarily used as kick return but id rather have Gray slotted in as 4th receiver then signing Jones.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be curious to know what he's asking for. Sometimes great players have a hard time giving in to a lower price point until they absolutely have to, which means he may not sign until training camp. We couldn't really afford him right now anyway, so that timing may work. 

I Think it mostly just depends on where his offers finalize. He should be looking at a team like Green Bay first and foremost, even if it's a one year like 3.5M with incentives type deal. KC should also be high on his list and they can probably use another receiver if they don't want to rely on a rookie. 

Absolutely, if he is looking to sign just a one year deal, then GB makes the most sense. He has potential to put up big stats on that team. Just two years ago he averaged 86 receiving yards per game so I'm sure he still has something left in the tank. He's just no longer a #1 WR as you can't count on him to stay healthy.

Definitely would not mind signing him though.