49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

13 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I don't remember where I heard it from, Maybe Chris Sims or Middlekauf but Beck was one and done with the Jets.

Interesting, if so, his wiki page has not been updated. I'll ask Jets fans if they heard anything on Beck being out with the Jets. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Here we go.

Thank you!

Mike McDaniel’s hire in Miami should get your attention. The fact that he’s biracial is, of course, important given the way this hiring cycle has gone. As is the fact that McDaniel is widely seen among those in the Shanahan coaching tree as the other side of Kyle’s brain. In fact, the 38-year-old Yale graduate may well be the smartest branch off that tree—and it’s reflected in how close Shanahan kept McDaniel over the years. Shanahan’s always surrounded himself with smart young coaches, but McDaniel was the only one he took to work under him at all five of his NFL stops as a coordinator or head coach (Texans, Washington, Browns, Falcons, 49ers). And in each of those places, Shanahan had no issue delegating to McDaniel, which is a good a sign of his trust in a guy he first got to know as a ball boy for his dad’s Broncos teams. In San Francisco over the last few years, Shanahan would spend Mondays and Tuesdays almost exclusively on the passing game, going to work with top lieutenants like former pass-game coordinator Mike LaFleur, while McDaniel was left to draw up the team’s run game for the week.

How the Bengals and their small scouting staff built a Super Bowl team - Sports Illustrated

I think many believe we will be fine since we still have Shanny, and I don't disagree but no one knows for sure how this will play out. McDaniel was THE guy that Shanny trusted more than anyone and there is a reason all the players credited him for the run game....Because it seems like he was the one that came up with the concepts and game plan lol. 

Curious to see if Shanny just takes those responsibilities or he gives them to Lynn? 

• Like 2

This is an old vid but it kind of gives perspective on how Shanny delegates to his assistants and QCs. Losing McDaniel is tough but I trust Shanny to bring up the next McDaniel and groom them in the same manner.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So I didn't actually know that Bobby Slowik worked with the Shanahan's in Washington from 2010-2013. Now it makes even more sense to why Shanny mentioned him as the potential heir apparent to McDaniel. 

What's even more interesting Bobby Slowick went from DQC to passing game coordinator was also a defensive assistant with Washington.

Bobby Slowik is in his eighth year in the NFL and second season as a 49ers offensive assistant. He spent the previous two years (2017-18) as the team's defensive quality control coach. Slowik has also worked in the NFL with Washington as a defensive assistant (2011-13) and video assistant (2010).

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

What's even more interesting Bobby Slowick went from DQC to passing game coordinator was also a defensive assistant with Washington.

Bobby Slowik is in his eighth year in the NFL and second season as a 49ers offensive assistant. He spent the previous two years (2017-18) as the team's defensive quality control coach. Slowik has also worked in the NFL with Washington as a defensive assistant (2011-13) and video assistant (2010).

Kind of reminds me when we brought in Mangini for that year to be on our offensive staff. I mean it stands to reason if you are a defensive coach you should know how offenses are going to try to attack you and vice versa. Kind of interesting having these guys flip to the opposite side of the ball. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think the announcers during the NFC Title game is that Kyle likes to have his coaches learn both sides of the ball.

8 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I think the announcers during the NFC Title game is that Kyle likes to have his coaches learn both sides of the ball.

It's because that is how he got his start in Tampa. They had him working under Monte Kiffen. Hes talked about it a bunch of times in interviews. 

"You need to learn the defensive systems when you are young and inexperienced because when you are older, the defensive coaches won't let you in the room"

The tampa meetings are where kyle realized how much pressure presnap motion puts on defenders to communicate properly. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe we are waiting to see if we even need a special teams coordinator lol 

Maybe I'm just too much like Randy from South Park, but I hate how they keep changing all these rules. They are taking out opportunities for explosive & exciting plays. I loved it when we had all these electric return men in the NFL that could take the ball to the house at any time. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Maybe I'm just too much like Randy from South Park, but I hate how they keep changing all these rules. They are taking out opportunities for explosive & exciting plays. I loved it when we had all these electric return men in the NFL that could take the ball to the house at any time. 

giphy.gif

I love that episode, Sarcastaball LMAO

• Like 1