49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

26 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Also Randy can't stop being sarcastic, the kids wearing bras, and well, Butters special drink lol, & loved when Randy said what it was, Butters gets grounded lol

Haha yeah. You should read up on those South Park guys. It's kind of funny where some of these characters were spawned from. Trey Parker's real name is Randolph Parker III - Hence Trey - which means Randy is based off either him or his dad. I'm pretty sure I read Trey's dad was a geologist, meaning Randy is probably based off his dad. Randy is easily my favorite character. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

It's because that is how he got his start in Tampa. They had him working under Monte Kiffen. Hes talked about it a bunch of times in interviews. 

"You need to learn the defensive systems when you are young and inexperienced because when you are older, the defensive coaches won't let you in the room"

The tampa meetings are where kyle realized how much pressure presnap motion puts on defenders to communicate properly. 

I think I read somewhere that it was Mike Shanahan's suggestion that he should take a defensive job, first. I think that's a good idea for any coach. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RSNiners said:

What could be changed on punts? 

option to walk the ball off 45 yards, or you can kick it with both sides of the line not able to rush and the return is down after tagged with two hands(it would leave the punt fake a play).  lol]

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Joe Judge headed back to NE as an offensive assistant...Good, I want someone from the Ravens, Seahawks, Rams etc.

Interested in what we do with the TEs coach. Any in house candidates for that? 

On Joe Judge - Good. I didn't want any part of him. He needed to run back home to hide under BB and rehab his image before coming back out of the shadows. We won't see or hear from that clown again for a while. 

On TE coach - I was listening to the Haberman and Middlekauf podcast this morning and Jon brought up an interesting point. He said that from his experience, the TE coach position is like the little league right fielder position, it's where you just put a guy regardless of coaching talent or it's a stash spot for keeping a guy on your staff that belongs at a different position but it's already filled. 

If what he says is true - I wouldn't expect to be wowed by who fills the role. It will either be a JAG or it will be some young guy we've never heard before that Shanahan just wants to get on the staff to groom. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Don't throw fades to Crabtree when you have Frank Gore on your team and don't stop running on the Chiefs when it's working.

The don't throw fades thing is way overblown. Look at the 4th down play and tell me what Kap was supposed to do on that play when there was a free blitzer in his face? The biggest problem was Harbaugh calling a timeout when Kap had a easy TD. He panicked there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The don't throw fades thing is way overblown. Look at the 4th down play and tell me what Kap was supposed to do on that play when there was a free blitzer in his face? The biggest problem was Harbaugh calling a timeout when Kap had a easy TD. He panicked there.

Not giving to Gore at goal line is just dumb. No zone read either was a little weird as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Not giving to Gore at goal line is just dumb. No zone read either was a little weird as well.

Also pretty sure Quinton Patton was wide open earlier on that drive. If Kap read more than half the field, that should have been a TD as well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who knows where this franchise is right now if that TO isn't called but man, that changes alot of players/coaches fates and franchise perspective if we score and hold on for Lombardi #6.

• Like 1

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Frank having to come out of the game after his big run didn't help. We did run it on 1st down and a QB Run was called for Kap that could have been essentially a walk in TD. Definitely some missed opportunities there.