49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

29 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This is where I'm at. If they let Tartt walk, my guess is that the staff feels pretty good about Moore's health. If this indeed happens, then I expect Ward to fill Tartt's role with Hufanga in reserve. I see Moore as more of the rangy deep safety where his speed and ball skills play better. We didn't have someone like this in 2021 and it's needed. 

I also hope we draft a safety. Daxton Hall and Jaquan Brisker are my top choices. Both are high day-two picks, so I'm suggesting using our first selection of the draft on one of them, assuming we don't fleece the Commanders for their 1st. 

Yeah, I agree and think they let Tartt walk, especially if Moore, who I was high on, is coming back healthy.

I would still like us to draft and safety early, I was loving the film on Lewis Cine, not sure where he will be taken but would bet on day 2

52 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Love your work Baldy but this ain't it...

Of course, it's a short-term look of one year. I mean they won a Superbowl of course, and possibly we do too if we have Stafford. But it seems like the lions were moving him to the rams regardless of what any other team offered. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

As an outsider, other than BUF and whichever good team can get A-Rod/Wilson, SF is right up there as a preseason pick to win the SB.   Just get  Lance's mechanics fixed in the offseason (there are some tweaks needed) - which is a great sign that it was already confirmed he was going to work on it.   Then get him as many reps as humanly possible, and as much film room time.

The likely answer is SF won't win the SB with a first-time QB (yes he's 2nd year, but last year was a redshirt).   That's the main reason (other than injuries) SF fans have to be realistic about 2022.  But the future is so bright.    I kinda hope Lance has the obvious year 1 starter struggles either in the stretch or in the playoffs, because SF becomes a mega-betting value for 2023.    Your NFCCG run kinda took a lot of the value away for 2022, especially since it's Year 1 for Lance as a full-time starter.   But barring injury, you're on the right track.  Keep the faith.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As an outsider, other than BUF and whichever good team can get A-Rod/Wilson, SF is right up there as a preseason pick to win the SB.   Just get  Lance's mechanics fixed in the offseason (there are some tweaks needed) - which is a great sign that it was already confirmed he was going to work on it.   Then get him as many reps as humanly possible, and as much film room time.

The likely answer is SF won't win the SB with a first-time QB (yes he's 2nd year, but last year was a redshirt).   That's the main reason (other than injuries) SF fans have to be realistic about 2022.  But the future is so bright.    I kinda hope Lance has the obvious year 1 starter struggles, because SF becomes a mega-betting value for 2023.    Your NFCCG run kinda took a lot of the value for 2022, especially since it's Year 1 for Lance as a full-time starter.   But barring injury, you're on the right track.  Keep the faith.

I mean Mahomes is the comparison people keep making, so I don't think it's crazy to think we will have an upgrade at QB next year over Jimmy. We went to the NFCG with Jimmy, so I don't think it's unrealistic we're in the the big game next year. I'm not trying to be overly optimistic and say Lance will win the MVP like Mahomes did, but I certainly don't think this past year was lost on Lance either. I think he'll come back well prepared to lead this team. 

Almost forgot - pray that Lance emerges much like Mahomes, so he turns Shanny game-manager wise into Andy Reid post-Mahomes.   That would help win the big games... a lot (not just the QB upgrade, but game management makes such a big difference in the playoffs/SB - especially when one is great and one is not - yesterday, both HC's weren't great).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

If Lance manages to win even one playoff game next year, he'd be one of only three since 2000 to do so before turning 23(Vick and Ben are the others).

Shaun King and Ben are the only two to play in a conference championship before 23, and nobody before 23 has played in a Super Bowl, let alone won.

Edited by jonnguy2015

Mahomes in his first rookie start - 22/35, 284 yards, 8.1 YPA, 0 TD 1 INT, 7 rushes for 10 yards

Lance in his second rookie start - 16/23, 249 yards, 10.8 YPA, 2 TD 1 INT, 8 rushes for 31 yards

Both have great offensive coaches and a solid supporting cast. Aiyuk really shined with Lance and i think he's a prime breakout candidate next year. Kittle & Samuel will do their thing. Mitchell & Juice are good pieces. 

Just think we need some more speed at WR & RB as well as solidifying the OL. Think that should be our main focus to really elevate this team 

Defensively, we have needs but nothing overly glaring except another speed rusher to pair with Bosa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Love your work Baldy but this ain't it...

I don't think this notion that the 49ers didn't try to trade for Stafford is correct. From what I recall, Lynch was in contact with the Lions about Stafford and were working on the framework of the deal and may have actually had a package submitted to the Lions. The Rams jumped in and upped the offer and the Lions never went back to the Niners to try and leverage it for a better offer. 

Not much Lynch could do there if the Lions didn't go back to him after Snead's offer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Mahomes in his first rookie start - 22/35, 284 yards, 8.1 YPA, 0 TD 1 INT, 7 rushes for 10 yards

Lance in his second rookie start - 16/23, 249 yards, 10.8 YPA, 2 TD 1 INT, 8 rushes for 31 yards

Both have great offensive coaches and a solid supporting cast. Aiyuk really shined with Lance and i think he's a prime breakout candidate next year. Kittle & Samuel will do their thing. Mitchell & Juice are good pieces. 

Just think we need some more speed at WR & RB as well as solidifying the OL. Think that should be our main focus to really elevate this team 

Defensively, we have needs but nothing overly glaring except another speed rusher to pair with Bosa. 

Another corner would be nice

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I don't think this notion that the 49ers didn't try to trade for Stafford is correct. From what I recall, Lynch was in contact with the Lions about Stafford and were working on the framework of the deal and may have actually had a package submitted to the Lions. The Rams jumped in and upped the offer and the Lions never went back to the Niners to try and leverage it for a better offer. 

Not much Lynch could do there if the Lions didn't go back to him after Snead's offer.

I don't think it helped either that Stafford was dead set on playing with the Rams.

I don't like the notion that Baldy thinks we opted for Lance over Stafford...