49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We need to sign a CB but it doesn't need to be a guy at the top of the heap. I'm not really into paying the top of the market guys. Go get a Charvarius Ward or a Levi Wallace. Not a fan of paying guys like Gilmore based on what they used to be. He's still a top CB but we don't need a Top 2-3 guy. We just need a comptent guy to plug opposite Mosely while Thomas and Lenior continue to develop.

Ima big Levi Wallace fan, would be great to have him on this team for a reasonable price 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Ima big Levi Wallace fan, would be great to have him on this team for a reasonable price 

I wanted him last year and took him in our shadow draft years ago I believe, so I'd be down with Wallace to battle it out with Thomas and Moseley. I also wouldn't mind bringing back DJ Reed if the price was right. We could easily bring in two solid CBs for less than the the price of a guy like Gilmore and be much more insulated against injury this year; this would also make it so we aren't forced to try to find a guy in the draft. Obviously BPA is the smart way to draft, but not having our hand forced would be nice as well. 

• Like 1

The national media trying to dunk on Trey Lance every single day since the Super Bowl ended is a weird flex. I know they're lazy as hell and just need sensationalized takes, but it's still very strange. 

He didn't get on the field for an extended period of time this year because he was 20 years old and our starting QB helped take the team to the NFC Championship game. Somehow Lance is a bust because of that? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I wanted him last year and took him in our shadow draft years ago I believe, so I'd be down with Wallace to battle it out with Thomas and Moseley. I also wouldn't mind bringing back DJ Reed if the price was right. We could easily bring in two solid CBs for less than the the price of a guy like Gilmore and be much more insulated against injury this year; this would also make it so we aren't forced to try to find a guy in the draft. Obviously BPA is the smart way to draft, but not having our hand forced would be nice as well. 

I would be stoked for Reed to comeback, especially with K. Williams probably not being re-signed. If we did get Wallace, I could see Moseley being thrown into the slot. Either way, I would still like to draft a CB for depth In the first three rounds

• Like 1

Just realized Marlon Mack is gonna be a FA, seem to remember some rumors that the Niners were potentially gonna trade for him at some point last season.

I would not mind a Mitchell, Sermon, Mack backfield and I don’t think Mack would be all that expensive

Edited by P_locniners

8 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Just realized Marlon Mack is gonna be a FA, seem to remember some rumors that the Niners were potentially gonna trade for him at some point last season.

I would not mind a Mitchell, Sermon, Mack backfield and I don’t think Mack would be all that expensive

I like Mack. I think we will stick with mostert, but I wouldn't mind Mack at all. Do wonder if he'd want to sign here. The train he wanted a trade last year was lack of carries and playing time

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Lol

They pay him a lot of money for this stuff. Pretty incredible

Every time I hear Booger talk I just think about this interview with Brent Jones I heard live on the radio a few years ago

“The Garoppolo thing has me a little fired up,” Jones said to the KNBR crew. “I really am frustrated with, you know, Snot Nose, or Loogie, or Booger or whatever the guy’s name is.

“You know what? I try not to throw people under the bus most of the time, but you are a very, very average defensive lineman your whole career, and if I could pick anybody on a team that knows less about what’s truly going on offensively and defensively, it would be a defensive lineman.”

Rush the passer, stay in your lanes, play the gaps, tackle the guy,” Jones riffed. “That’s it.You don’t care what coverage, you don’t care what linebackers are going. You might know a game you’re playing. You don’t know pass patterns, you don’t know what running backs are doing, you don’t know anything. So, I get it, he’s a guy that was left over because Jason Witten didn’t make it.”

“But dude,” Jones said, “don’t come and bring your quarterback analysis into the prime time of Monday Night Football when you’re just a Jag on a crappy team, you’re just a guy. That got me fired up last night.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/10/10/ex-49er-brent-jones-knocks-the-snot-out-of-booger-mcfarlands-analysis-of-jimmy-g/

LOL

• Like 5

6 hours ago, biggie. said:

I have a sneaking suspicion y'all will end up with Brady. Besides the fact quarterbacking for them is his boyhood dream, he walked away from the game way too easily.

Brady throwing to Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle just sounds so sick and wrong.

dont forget Gronk

Shiiiit, we should honestly sign Gronk either way

Just now, jonnguy2015 said:

Between Gronk and Kittle we might be able to get at least one elite tight end for all 17 games.

I left that part unsaid

Can you imagine being a DC and you see the niners have Deebo, Gronk, Kittle, Aiyuk, and Juice on the field at the same time?? Its like having 7 OL and two RBs, but also like having 4 WRs and an Hback on the field. The defense probably has to stay with the base defense because if you try and go nickle, you are going to get ran over lol not to mention how easy it would be to run Trey with gronk, kittle, and juice blocking for him. 

Would be so easy to play action pass with the boot game and catch defenses with their pants down. 

Brady or no Brady, lets sign Gronky Kong

Also - 21 games, not 17. 

(its probably not going to happen, but a man can dream, right?)

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS TRADE QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO TO WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
Terms: Commanders send 2023 2nd, 2022 4th
49ers dead money: $1.4M
Commanders inherited contract: One year, $25.6 million 
Garoppolo has become one of the more polarizing quarterbacks in the NFL, as he once again led the 49ers to multiple playoff victories — throwing an interception in each and a touchdown pass in neither. The most important question is, of course, whether Garoppolo can still lead his team to big wins without Kyle Shanahan scheming things up as well as any coach in the NFL, a stout offensive line and dynamic playmakers in the form of wide receiver Deebo Samuel and tight end George Kittle. 

Garoppolo made just 10 big-time throws compared to 23 turnover-worthy plays in 2021, almost the inverse of his 20 touchdown passes to 12 interceptions. Samuel’s 83-yard touchdown against the Chicago Bears is a good example of why big-time throws and turnover-worthy plays can serve as a more informed TD/INT ratio:

All of that said, quarterback desperation in the NFL is real. Garoppolo would still serve as a sizable upgrade over Taylor Heinicke and Alex Smith. The question is whether that upgrade is worth $30M-plus more per year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-15-trades-2022-nfl-offseason-free-agency-draft

This would be the ideal trade for us and one I've been thinking about as of late. I told @Forgea few days ago that I don't buy for one second Washington signing Tribusky and rolling with him in such a important season for the coaching staff and that Jimmy makes the perfect sense for them. That team DOES have a good amount of talent and Jimmy can help them get to the SB and quiet some of the noise and probably save Rivera's job. Because make no mistake, Rivera may not be fired after next season but if they finish last in the division? He's going to be on the hottest seat of them all the following season. 

This will give us a high enough 2nd rounder where we can potentially jump back in the first round if we want to or pick up a stud edge rusher or OL. I know some think we bring back Tomlinson or Jones or even both, but I think there is a decent chance the team spends on a CB (Gilmore/Jackson/etc) and then just loads up in the trenches with their four picks in the first three rounds (If we get a 2nd rounder for Jimmy). 

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said Marcus Mariota would "make a lot of sense" for the 49ers in 2022. 

Signing Mariota, Fowler said. "would give San Francisco flexibility, with the new quarterback either supporting Lance in a backup role or actually starting games if Lance needs a little more developmental time -- at a lesser cost than [Jimmy] Garoppolo is due in 2022 ($25.5 million)." The 49ers are widely expected to move on from Garoppolo this offseason. Fowler said Mariota "would thrive off coach Kyle Shanahan's designed runs while providing experience" that could help in Lance's development. In Mariota's most recent start -- Week 15 of the 2020 season -- he threw for 226 yards, a touchdown, and an interception while rushing for 88 yards and a score. Probably Mariota will have starting opportunities for teams seeking bridge QB options this offseason. It would be surprising if he chose the San Francisco, where Lance is all but locked in as the team's starte