49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/156470-cowherd-trey-lance-rumors-could-actually-49ers-gamesmanship/

"Couldn't I argue [that] Montana, Young, Adam Schefter are all saying this benefits the 49ers?" Cowherd said. "Why? I'm a GM; I call John Lynch, [saying], 'John, we'll take Garoppolo, [give you a] third-round pick.' [Lynch could reply], 'Third-round pick? Have you seen the stories? Trey Lance isn't ready! We're going to keep Garoppolo another year.' By the way, which [is what] Adam Schefter is suggesting—Garoppolo would stay next year.

"The Niners can take all those phone calls and say, 'Hey, we're not BS-ing you here. He's not ready to play. You heard Montana. You heard Steve Young.'"

Cowherd was spot on last season saying we would go after a rookie QB before we made our trade up, as well as saying the trade up had to be for a QB with the physical tools of Lance instead of a guy like Mac

Also - isn't Lance dating Cowherd's daughter? If so, he might know a little more about the situation

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Combine should be when it happens....but J and I were talking about it a little yesterday. Nobody doubts that this is Trey's team and that he's going to be the starter next year and all that. So when you hear Schefty talking about jimmy not a lock to be traded and trey isn't ready (and he's not the first to say that part), I think it's a logical line to draw that the 49ers are trying to gets some leverage to increase trade value. 

Oh 100%, but I think they would do that regardless as to what they are hearing right now. I don’t think it’s based on bad offers, I think they are still just taking the opportunity to drive it home

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Tim thinking the same way we are. 

Honestly, I don't really care what we get. I feel like we're getting more than what we would have gotten last year, and that was one of the goals of keeping Jimmy this year. The other goal was to be competitive. So maybe the FO is looking for a first rounder (wasn't that the rumour last year as well), and last year, they didn't have to settle for whatever was offered. But it's way more probable this year that we'll settle for the best offer. And if they really do want to make Jimmy a favour and send him to a team he wants to play for, then that somewhat limits the return. Honestly, I don't really care for the return all that much. I just know we're going forward with Trey, and that sending #29 to dolphins this year, and hopefully another pick in the 20s (or 30s?) next year, makes this trade already look pretty good. Whatever we get for Jimmy is the cherry on top.

Yesterday I was thinking about it, and how a lot of us are suggesting a trade involving a conditional pick. Then it occurred to me, why not 2 conditional picks? One conditional for Jimmy playing 75% of the snaps, à la Wentz, and another for their team making the playoffs. Like a 4th that turns into a 3 + a 3 that turns into a 2. And add a 2022 fifth rounder, just because we love fifth rounders.

I'm sorry but Lynch is bat sh^t crazy for turning that down lol. Seriously, TRIPLING your salary with 1/1000th of the stress and so much less work? Not that these broadcasters don't have to put in the right amount of prep time but as a GM, you are pretty much busy year around minus a little break just before training camp. And to top it off, his salary would have tripled???? LIS yesterday, I think he wants to honor his current contract for Kyle and Jed, and then he is certainly leaving for the booth.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sorry but Lynch is bat sh^t crazy for turning that down lol. Seriously, TRIPLING your salary with 1/1000th of the stress and so much less work? Not that these broadcasters don't have to put in the right amount of prep time but as a GM, you are pretty much busy year around minus a little break just before training camp. And to top it off, his salary would have tripled???? LIS yesterday, I think he wants to honor his current contract for Kyle and Jed, and then he is certainly leaving for the booth.

I think he wants to win a SB before going back to the booth. Its pretty much the last item left on his football career.

Although now is the time to do it. He'll probably have to compete with McVay for either the top FOX or Amazon job in a year or 2. And Michaels will be 78 in November; he's probably not commentating that much longer 

Its going to be weird with all the broadcaster upheaval next season. I associate Michaels with SNF, Aikman with the top FOX game, etc. Gona be so weird to hear Michaels on TNF & AIkman on MNF 

Edited by 49ersfan

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He needs to be around the locker room is what I've seen mentioned, he's done the booth before and found that it didn't scratch whatever itch he needs to have scratched. Me personally? Sure, I most likely wouldn't have made the same choice but I do understand it. I've seen it in the military when I served. Sure don't miss the work but sure do miss the guys I was in there with from time to time. Also have seen it with retirees. One guy I work with literally has a bank account in the 8 figures and is almost 70 years old. He works a labor driven 7 am to 5 pm job monday through friday but fights every mention of retiring because he would miss the social aspects of the job too much.

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Good, never was a fan of his.

Kyle needs to just become the HC/OC/QB coach/WRs coach...Time to put the damn team on his back lol.

Was just about to say, this is a move that will make some people happy lol

• Like 1

Shanny got a good pipline of coaches. I don't know if its a "tree", but you got

-Saleh as Jets HC

-McDaniel as Dolphins HC

-Scranganello as former Broncos OC, current Kentucky OC

Demeco Ryans also in line for a HC job next season. Mike LaFleur spent 7 season working under Shanny and probably enters 2023 as a good candidate if Wilson doesn't totally bust. And Matt LaFleur also spent 8 seasons working under Shanny. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1