49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Kinda depends on what type of QB Coach you want. If you want a mechanics driven coach i am not sure Slowik would be the best choice. If it's more for the mental side he might be the right guy.

I think it probably has to be a bit of both. Fundamentals are always going to be what you preach day in and out during the week. But having a QB coach who can get Trey mentally ready and supported during games are important as well. Tbh I hope Kyle names Slowik OC. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/156493-mike-mcdaniel-doesnt-want-speculate-49ers-lances-future/

"My time with him, it was exciting," McDaniel said. "My time with him, you talk about a dude that was willing and able and wanting to be great, that he himself knew there was a lot of stuff to work on. … You've got to remember, these draft picks coming out, especially the ones that most of the season gets canceled, you're just preparing for a pro day, nonstop, for a calendar year."

"I'm not sure, my time in San Francisco, I wouldn't even know what to say in terms of that judgement of it. He started football games and won football games last year, so if the 49ers choose to have him as their starting quarterback, I'm confident that's with good reason, knowing Kyle and John Lynch."

"And if [Lance isn't the starter], it doesn't really mean anything," McDaniel added. "He's going to keep working, and I have no doubt that the picture and the product that I was around was not the final product. For me to say he's going to be X, Y, or Z would be uninformed, and that's not why you had me on the show, I think."

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm telling you, both McVay and Lynch are crazy to turn those offers down lol. 

I understand the sentiment, but honestly, these guys know they never have to worry about money again. Even if they just all of a sudden bomb in their current position, they could turn around and still have a seven figure payday without question. At a certain point these guys have to disregard the money and just do what they want to do knowing regardless of the outcome they are going to be sitting pretty.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, Forge said:

The timing really works against the 49ers. Jimmy has to be gone by the start of the league year if we want to have money to re-sign / sign free agents. Other teams know this and other teams that currently have incumbent starters they may be willing to move (such as Cousins / Ryan), really don't have to be moved until the draft, which gives them nearly 2 more months to just drag their heels. 

Wouldn't be shocked if the niners eat trade value

I think part of the handshake agreement was that we would send him somewhere he wants to go. He doesn't want to go to a team that can't compete immediately. 

He was a pro's pro this year. Handled himself with class and dignity. Lynch is going to do right by him for that reason. 

The niners will absolutely eat trade value, and that's fine. We will cut the guy if we have to lol we need that 25m, no way around it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Just watched this, the video makes it sound not very confident.

Sounds like he's 

1. not sold on Lance yet

2. Is leaving the door open for a Rodgers/Brady to come in

3. Just trying to help maintain a little trade value for Jimmy 

I think it's 3

5 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Just watched this, the video makes it sound not very confident.

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Sounds like he's 

1. not sold on Lance yet

2. Is leaving the door open for a Rodgers/Brady to come in

3. Just trying to help maintain a little trade value for Jimmy 

I think it's 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

This was awkward lol

Yeah....McDaniel was not really endorsing Lance there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Yeah....McDaniel was not really endorsing Lance there

I mean what was he supposed to say?? Lance trajectory doesn't have to be defined right now, in absolute terms. He's still essentially a ball of clay. Way too early to be coming to any conclusions, which is what I think Mikey Mac is trying to convey here.

And besides, he's trying to do Shanny a solid and drive up Jimmy's trade value. Leave that potential door open that Jimmy could return because Lance isn't quite ready yet. Still working for Shanny all the way in FL, gotta love it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I mean what was he supposed to say?? Lance trajectory doesn't have to be defined right now, in absolute terms. He's still essentially a ball of clay. Way too early to be coming to any conclusions, which is what I think Mikey Mac is trying to convey here.

And besides, he's trying to do Shanny a solid and drive up Jimmy's trade value. Leave that potential door open that Jimmy could return because Lance isn't quite ready yet. Still working for Shanny all the way in FL, gotta love it.

Hopefully my Packers can win the SB next year.