2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

@SkippyX and @AZ_Eaglesfan. Either keep it to football and how it affects what goes on the field, or stop now before you go deeper, please. 

Personal attacks and trolling posts are pretty much verboten by Webby. And this isn't a forum to discuss legal matters unless the focus of the post is how it directly affects football being played.

So I'm asking you both to stop.

I'm done. I dropped him on ignore and I will just ignore anyone who has a personal opinion on legal or morality issues going forward.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

@SkippyX and @AZ_Eaglesfan. Either keep it to football and how it affects what goes on the field, or stop now before you go deeper, please. 

Personal attacks and trolling posts are pretty much verboten by Webby. And this isn't a forum to discuss legal matters unless the focus of the post is how it directly affects football being played.

So I'm asking you both to stop.

Don’t think I ever personally attacked anyone. Never felt attacked either. But I will drop it sorry boss. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Don’t think I ever personally attacked anyone. Never felt attacked either. But I will drop it sorry boss. 

Not saying you were doing that in the discussion. But the legal discussions needed to stop before it escalated and went down the rabbit hole. And nothing good happens after that.

Thank you for understanding.

• Like 3

Heard from someone I trust Cam may be inking a deal with Carolina tonight/tomorrow. He was the "backup" plan if we couldn't land Watson. Take it with a grain of salt for now for sure, but yeah. There ya go.

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@Forge

What do you think Jimmy realistically costs?

No idea at this point. Between the surgery and the craziness that is this potential QB carousel I don't know why he has any market at all

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

What do you think Jimmy realistically costs?

All depends on if the right teams want him.. Indy/Cleveland could pay a 3rd or better, but if those 2 teams get someone else I don't really see a market for him at all. Possibly LV if Carr gets moved (doubt it)

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

So far, the Browns, Seahawks, Bengals and Bucs are winning the offseason

Browns: Grant and Cooper > Landry.

Seahawks: get rid of Wilson and get some good draft ammunition while his stock is high enough. 

Bucs: Brady coming back, and I love the Gage signing

Bengals: getting that Oline help

shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Ok, lets try again because you are not getting it. In the eyes of the law of the land there is nothing there. In the eyes of these 5 or 6 teams trading for Watson there is nothing there. They are all so much better than you at this that you might as well not exist by comparison. This is how it works in America and the NFL. You are free to buy an island and set up your own version of Russia. You can start your own league and impose your own personal holy rules of morality. Deshaun will avoid that island.

I'm not telling you that you can't express yourself. I am just pointing out that you are miserably bad at it when it comes to legal issues, NFL discipline issues, and NFL hiring or trading issues... in this particular case.

I have no interest in controlling your thoughts or stopping you from embarrassing yourself.

The criminal law doesn’t in any way prove that something happened, it determines whether there exists proof beyond a reasonable doubt. A lack of evidence doesn’t mean something didn’t happen, it just means the courts are unwilling to prosecute because it’s “better to let 100 guilty men free than to let one innocent man hang”. Watson could very well be one of the hundred instead of one of the innocent that are protected by these procedural rights, as opposed to one of the innocent men protected from hanging unjustly like me and (hopefully) you. Also, anyone related to the criminal law sphere will tell you that sexual violence against women is always a source of critique of the criminal law system, as it’s assistance on evidence that is extremely rare to be produced in sexual violence cases has left women victims without justice and actually being revictimized by the procedure, having to testify, and seeing their abusers celebrate getting freedom, “justice”, and “the truth”.

It’s not racism to believe 22 women aren’t conspiring against someone because of….? (I haven’t seen any reasons given not to believe these women that aren’t incredibly misogynistic but I’ll listen if any come up) , the same way it wasn’t akin to historic lynchings of black men when I believed the women who accused Ben Roethlisberger. Unlike those lynchings, as we saw with the media treatment of  Ben Roethlisberger’s retirement, overwhelmingly in the public eye Watson will be free, so I don’t think disliking someone and thinking they did something because you believe Two-dozen women is a fair parallel to draw. Also I find it strange that you trust 6 teams over 22 women, when both are unsubstantiated, where the teams seek to gain a heck of a lot more than these women will get from civil cases.

also the civil law realm is law. It very well could be that a judge finds Watson guilty on a balance of probabilities (although I imagine it ends with settlements out of court and non-disclosure agreements). The fact that a lawyer took up these cases and a judge is even willing to allow it to go to trial means that there is at least some degree of merit to the case being raised. 

I think it’s you who doesn’t understand the law and the fact that it’s not omniscient and omnipotent. Just because the criminal justice system doesn’t prosecute someone doesn’t mean those people who still stand in belief with the words of 22 women are immoral. Terrible people who committed terrible acts walk free every. Single. Day. Because of a lack of evidence.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 8