2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, WheatieMan said:

Indy has been a nice geriatric destination for sure to pair with Reich. I could see Ryan there, but wonder about his weapons. How many years can they do these types of rentals?

Ryan's biggest weapon would be that line and running game. Add that with a big bodied receiver in Pittman and it's a perfect fit. They'd likely need a WR and/or TE, but it wouldn't have to be anyone special. Just dependable. 

31 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Ryan's biggest weapon would be that line and running game. Add that with a big bodied receiver in Pittman and it's a perfect fit. They'd likely need a WR and/or TE, but it wouldn't have to be anyone special. Just dependable. 

Don't you do Gigantor dirty like that, swoosh.  Don't you do it.

40 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

You gonna really give the keys to this kid with all that weaponry? Okay... I mean, sure. What could possibly go wrong? Ryan won't come with that cap hit. If he did it could be restructured, or his trade value would cost less to SF. Is there another viable veteran out there that's better? Jameis and Baker can't be trusted. Matty Ice is the stop gap they need. Otherwise... go with "Jordan" Lance.

Why else did you make the move? Lol 

I mean, the team is basically the same as it was last year when they decided they wanted to make the move for Lance. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Can Atlanta bring in Bobby Wagner!?

I don't think they have the cap space nor are they a contender. My guess for Wagner would be Rams, Chargers or Cowboys.

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I don't think they have the cap space nor are they a contender. My guess for Wagner would be Rams, Chargers or Cowboys.

I hear ya but if they land Watson they actually gain quite a bit of cap space and next offseason you’re looking at a team with north of 90 million in space 

1 hour ago, swoosh said:

Chris Lindstrom would fit the bill, although I'd hate to lose him too. 3 1st's + a player of Terrell's caliber at a premium position just seems like way too much, especially considering the 8th overall pick is in play here. Not saying it won't happen, I just wouldn't like it. 

I agree though. Terrell would go for a ransom if he got put on the market imo.

5 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

I hear ya but if they land Watson they actually gain quite a bit of cap space and next offseason you’re looking at a team with north of 90 million in space 

Does that make them a contender this year or even next? They're still weak in a lot of areas and need more than just a LB and a QB. Wagner is getting up there in age. Not sure he'd be willing to sign with a team that doesn't have a chance at a Superbowl (or even playoffs) over the next couple of years.

I know you're an Atlanta fan, but the talent on that team isn't any better than the talent he had on his Texans team when he went 4-12 and lit up the league. Even if they get Watson (which seems likely to me) they're still 2-3 years from potentially being a consistent playoff contender let alone a Superbowl contender. They need to chase younger talent in free agency instead of expensive, aging veterans. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Does that make them a contender this year or even next? They're still weak in a lot of areas and need more than just a LB and a QB. Wagner is getting up there in age. Not sure he'd be willing to sign with a team that doesn't have a chance at a Superbowl (or even playoffs) over the next couple of years.

I know you're an Atlanta fan, but the talent on that team isn't any better than the talent he had on his Texans team when he went 4-12 and lit up the league. Even if they get Watson (which seems likely to me) they're still 2-3 years from potentially being a consistent playoff contender let alone a Superbowl contender. They need to chase younger talent in free agency instead of expensive, aging veterans. 

Oh don't get me wrong, the Falcons roster is GUTTED right now. Absolutely started the worst LG in the history of the NFL last year and we have no pass rushers either. Our LG and C need attention our RT could use an upgrade, Edge Players are completely devoid of talent, trust me I know how bad we are :D

But I think a piece like Wagner with AJT and Richie Grant in year 2 helps on the back end of the defense, our trenches need a lot of work, but I basically want every draft pick to be thrown in the trenches with a couple of WRs thrown in there somewhere. But I think in the NFL you're just a year or two away most of the time especially with the money ATL will have for the new FO (who I've been VERY impressed with) next year.

5 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Oh don't get me wrong, the Falcons roster is GUTTED right now. Absolutely started the worst LG in the history of the NFL last year and we have no pass rushers either. Our LG and C need attention our RT could use an upgrade, Edge Players are completely devoid of talent, trust me I know how bad we are :D

But I think a piece like Wagner with AJT and Richie Grant in year 2 helps on the back end of the defense, our trenches need a lot of work, but I basically want every draft pick to be thrown in the trenches with a couple of WRs thrown in there somewhere. But I think in the NFL you're just a year or two away most of the time especially with the money ATL will have for the new FO (who I've been VERY impressed with) next year.

I think he's going to be part of the trade package. Best young player they have outside of Pitts.