2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Toney needs to be with a winning organization and he will develop into one of the best weapons in the league. 

So it's the Giants fault Toney isn't producing (on the field/injured) and unprofessional apparently? Yeah I could see how Reid, Belicheck,  Tomlin, McVay, ect....., would let that stuff slide. 👌

Or are you suggesting he's a sore loser and needs to be around winners to actually succeed? If that's the case it's even worse. 

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You said winning organization? Or is that just compared to the Giants?

I wish we played you guys again this season. Was such a fun game watching Carr dot your defense up while Hurts was getting slammed around and Kelce was crying on the field after he got bodied, lol.

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah I could see how Reid would let that stuff slide. 👌

Or are you suggesting he's a sore loser and needs to be around winners to actually succeed? If that's the case it's even worse. 

Are you aware of Tyreek Hill's behavior?

I'm saying that he's a 23 year old kid that was drafted into one of the worst cultures in the NFL. Sometimes a change of scenery, especially to a place that will hold a player accountable, can do wonders for someone's career. 

I mean the Eagles signed Mike Vick who was abusing and killing dogs in his backyard for years, Toney not showing up to OTAs worse than that?

Just now, NYRaider said:

I wish we played you guys again this season. Was such a fun game watching Carr dot your defense up while Hurts was getting slammed around and Kelce was crying on the field after he got bodied, lol.

But you don't, so stop deflecting. Why would Toney thrive in a Raiders Organization with 3 singular seasons above .500 in the past 20 years? Because they made the Playoffs in 2021?

Why not stay with the Organization who in that same time period has made the Playoffs 7x with two SB rings? You created the criteria, not me?

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

But you don't, so stop deflecting. Why would Toney thrive in a Raiders Organization with 3 singular seasons above .500 in the past 20 years? Because they made the Playoffs in 2021?

Why not stay with the Organization who in that same time period has made the Playoffs 7x with two SB rings? You created the criteria, not me?

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, lol. I didn't say that we were some elite, winning organization, just that I'd like for the Raiders to trade for him. I also said that if he went to a team that had better leadership and a winning culture, I think he could develop into a very dangerous offensive weapon. The two comments were not connected. 

But we've also had guys like Waller and Crosby with their own issues come to us and thrive, so we have guys that have turned it around for us. We've also seen guys like Agholor look terrible playing with mediocre QB's for teams like Philly and then blossom once they played with a real franchise QB.

I'd also argue that the Raiders in our current state with our new front office and coaching staff, plus leadership in the locker room would provide a better situation for Toney. 

How many of the people that won those Super Bowls are still involved with the team? Judge was a terrible coach and leader which is why he only lasted two years there. 

Edited by NYRaider

Did Toney actually do anything that bad? Seems like a lot of people want to dunk on him as a “character issues” guy but I haven’t seen anything really other than the fact he’s eccentric and doesn’t want to go to voluntary workouts. 

He punched a guy that one time sure, but plenty of great players have punched someone on the field. 

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Did Toney actually do anything that bad? Seems like a lot of people want to dunk on him as a “character issues” guy but I haven’t seen anything really other than the fact he’s eccentric and doesn’t want to go to voluntary workouts. 

He punched a guy that one time sure, but plenty of great players have punched someone on the field. 

He has zero serious off the field issues since he was drafted by the Giants. There were rumblings about him not knowing the playbook, etc. but he also missed most of the preseason due to covid.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has zero serious off the field issues since he was drafted by the Giants. There were rumblings about him not knowing the playbook, etc. but he also missed most of the preseason due to covid.

Okay that’s what I thought, I wasn’t sure if I was missing something

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Toney is a 22 year old kid, lol. Impossible to play well when they can't get you the ball.

He's in like the first percentile of 22 year old kids who enter the league in terms of maturity. If he wants to get the ball then try learning the playbook, showing up to meetings, and taking better care of your body.

The worst part? He had a whole year to learn from these mistakes plus a fresh start with a new, more competent regime and he's apparently the same ol' goofball.