2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I said the Jets should trade for Deebo Samuel and then was told for like 10 pages that it wouldn't happen, etc. it's a bad move, lol. Now it seems imminent. 

Was also told that the Chiefs should trade for Kadarius Toney, now he's on the block.

maybe Deebo goes to Detroit or Tampa! 

Just now, NYRaider said:
How does Tampa have the cap space and would the 49ers trade him to another NFC contender?

Tampa just restructured Brady today. Gave them 9 million more today. 

@squire12 brought up a reasonable point in the news forum about Deebo wanting somehting location specific. If that is the case...well, you may need them as a team just to help drive trade value. No way that they wouldn't be a team he'd go to...so them, the Jets anyone else that would be acceptable. Would make up for teams that maybe would be interested but he has no interest in 

• Like 1

Why are the Giants trying to trade Toney? He is one of the very few best offensive weapons they have. He is extremely young and cheap. I get trading Barkley bc he is a back that can’t stay healthy for multiple seasons now. I don’t get trying to trade Toney. You want to give your QB weapons not trade them away. I just don’t understand this. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Tampa just restructured Brady today. Gave them 9 million more today. 

@squire12 brought up a reasonable point in the news forum about Deebo wanting somehting location specific. If that is the case...well, you may need them as a team just to help drive trade value. No way that they wouldn't be a team he'd go to...so them, the Jets anyone else that would be acceptable. Would make up for teams that maybe would be interested but he has no interest in 

Does Deebo really have that much say in where he ends up?

Just now, NYRaider said:

Does Deebo really have that much say in where he ends up?

Not really...it'd get ugly in the end, I think, if he really tried to push that angle. 

IF the trade outcome is the one that is going to happen, both should be willing to work together to make that happen. As such, if he didn't want to go to a team like Detroit because of their location, I'd get them working with him to not send him there. But ultimately he'd also have to give them multiple possible locations that they can trade him to. 

All guesswork though. A couple of days ago he was laughing at Schefter for reporting that was the reason. 

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Why are the Giants trying to trade Toney? He is one of the very few best offensive weapons they have. He is extremely young and cheap. I get trading Barkley bc he is a back that can’t stay healthy for multiple seasons now. I don’t get trying to trade Toney. You want to give your QB weapons not trade them away. I just don’t understand this. 

53b7f03b-26d5-471f-928d-d40129acbd6d_654

Among other things...

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

53b7f03b-26d5-471f-928d-d40129acbd6d_654

Among other things...

Ok but he was a rookie last season and he is still extremely young and cheap. The Giants wont give him a chance to grow and learn from these mistakes. I dont trust the Giants organization. This isnt the same organization of when they actually had things button up when they were winning Superbowls. This organization now just feels like a dumpster fire. 

If they trade Toney I bet he will go to another team, especially if its a well ran organization like the Chiefs and have a stellar career. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If they trade Toney I bet he will go to another team, especially if its a well ran organization like the Chiefs and have a stellar career. 

Toney needs to be with a winning organization and he will develop into one of the best weapons in the league. 

34 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

IF the off-field issues (lack of effort to learn the playback, injuries...both resulting in limited opportunities, then pouting at his limited role, etc. are true) I can absolutely understand why the new regime would not want him in that locker room.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kadarius Toney is the perfect Tyreek replacement. 

Toney was culture builder Gettleman's last parting gift right before Odell won a ring.

Hill is a pretty bad guy IRL but a much better teammate and professional.  Toney is Eli Apple 2.0

46 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

He's always injured, extremely unprofessional, and a bad teammate. It's everything that Gettleman projected onto Odell but it's actually true.

16 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Toney was culture builder Gettleman's last parting gift right before Odell won a ring.

Hill is a pretty bad guy IRL but a much better teammate and professional.  Toney is Eli Apple 2.0

Toney is a 22 year old kid, lol. Impossible to play well when they can't get you the ball.