2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Thats not even that bad…

The details are what makes it problematic. Doing donuts in an empty parking lot alone or with adults? Not gonna draw that much attention. Like, that was pretty common at my high school's parking lot growing up during the summer. Doubt anyone ever got arrested for that. But, doing it on a suspended license in the middle of a highway in the middle of the day with a small child in the vehicle, and then (allegedly) being confrontational with the police is a bit more dangerous and problematic. It's one of those, every line you read makes the arrest seem more justified, police reports.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

The details are what makes it problematic. Doing donuts in an empty parking lot alone or with adults? Not gonna draw that much attention. Like, that was pretty common at my high school's parking lot growing up during the summer. Doubt anyone ever got arrested for that. But, doing it on a suspended license in the middle of a highway in the middle of the day with a small child in the vehicle, and then (allegedly) being confrontational with the police is a bit more dangerous and problematic. It's one of those, every line you read makes the arrest seem more justified, police reports.

Just seems so uncharacteristic for Pringle. Like, does he think he has "f you"  money now that he signed for more cash? Maybe this will be a bit humbling and he can get back to being his normal self. 

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Just seems so uncharacteristic for Pringle. Like, does he think he has "f you"  money now that he signed for more cash? Maybe this will be a bit humbling and he can get back to being his normal self. 

His career was derailed in college because of numerous criminal problems

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Still not a big deal though

When NFL players are jumping people in Vegas elevators, or were discussing whether a prospect is first round worthy with multiple domestic violence arrests. Pringles charges are benign in comparison.

If there was any child endangerment i think the cops wouldve charged him with it.

42 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Still not a big deal though

When NFL players are jumping people in Vegas elevators, or were discussing whether a prospect is first round worthy with multiple domestic violence arrests. Pringles charges are benign in comparison.

If there was any child endangerment i think the cops wouldve charged him with it.

well, we know that leeway is correlated to how much talent you have or what your contract looks like.  

The good thing for Pringle is that his entire contract was basically guaranteed, so they likely will keep him on regardless of something super serious just because of that. 

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

He got in trouble in high school but I don't think he had any problems at Kansas State

That could be. I remember that being a big issue for him coming out - major character red flags. I assumed that was why he wasn't drafted given that I thought he actually looked good on the field. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Nah, he's had issues forever. Reid was just good at keeping him in check. 

"As a teen, Pringle served four years of probation and 100 hours of community service for burglary, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and grand theft.

After fulfilling his requirements, Pringle signed with Youngstown State in 2012, but he was charged with robbery by sudden snatching and lost his chance to play there. He eventually earned an opportunity at Butler Community College, stayed out of trouble, and received a scholarship offer from Kansas State with the stipulation that any criminal behavior would be an instant deal-breaker."

Reid and Snyder could keep a guy out of trouble. But the attitude has always been there. 

ESPN's David Newton writes that the Jimmy Garoppolo "never has been high on the team radar because he's not considered much of an upgrade from [Sam] Darnold."

Well, that's certainly a take. Garoppolo and Baker Mayfield are the two main veteran options connected to Carolina, and the Panthers absolutely have the cap space to make it happen. But they have neither the draft resources (no second or third this year) nor, apparently, the inclination to believe in either of those quarterbacks. This will be the main quarterback drama for draft weekend assuming nothing unexpected pops up.