2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Scange was definitely a Mac guy in that draft process it seems like. 

He was on a podcast recently called tape heads....

"Do you want a guy who throws it hard and 70 yards and runs fast, or do you want a guy that throws with anticipation, on time, allows for YAC, processes, natural leader (???? really?)...those qualities?" 

Bro's like Scange don't understand NFL QB play.

Mac was great in college when his team absolutely overwhelmed the competition.

• He was 4-0 last year vs Jax, NYJ x2, and Houston. (1st, 3rd, and 4th worst team)
  • His team was 1-0 when he was relegated to throwing 3 times for 2 completions and 19 yards.
  • He was 2-0 against Carolina and Atlanta (6th and 8th worst teams)

When he was asked to be an actual QB against anything but baby seals, he was 3-7.

He did this with a top 5 D (2 4 3 6 2) and a top 10 running game.

*D #'s points yards turnovers ypp allowed and passer rating allowed

Leadership, anticipation, setting up yac to 3-7 in non-cake walks is not really anything to brag about.

I thought people who watched the One of us has a real QB Bowl on January 15th in Buffalo understood this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@Forge there is a thread on the Cowboys subreddit that Deebo, Dak and CD were all hanging out together at the Mavs game. 

Could be Charles Haley all over again. 

(I have no faith in that happening)

General feeling is that he'll sign, probably in June / July when the niners usually give out their extensions. 

He's started following the niners again on social, liking niners tweets, etc. Once he wasn't traded at the draft, he lost. 

Don't see him getting moved unless a team can offer an immediate contributor back at receiver

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

General feeling is that he'll sign, probably in June / July when the niners usually give out their extensions. 

He's started following the niners again on social, liking niners tweets, etc. Once he wasn't traded at the draft, he lost

I know. I just wanted to stir the pot. BRB where I go make a silly Zeke for Deebo thread. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He can't start negotiations until he hires an agent...

I didn’t even know about that, but either way this is hilarious. Both the Eagles starting tackles are better than him. I’m not even sure he’s a top 15 tackle in this league. More power to him if he somehow gets the Chiefs to make him the highest paid tackle. Baltimore was smart to ship him off.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I didn’t even know about that, but either way this is hilarious. Both the Eagles starting tackles are better than him. I’m not even sure he’s a top 15 tackle in this league. More power to him if he somehow gets the Chiefs to make him the highest paid tackle. Baltimore was smart to ship him off.

PFF had him at #17, though he is only 26 years old, has made 3 straight Pro Bowls and as we just saw with Njoku when guys get extensions it typically resets the market. Kolton Miller was the 5th highest paid OT when he signed his extension last offseason and now he's already down to 8th. (3 way tie)

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

PFF had him at #17

17th is fine. Like I said he’s almost certainly not top 10 and probably not top 15… so this aligns.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

has made 3 straight Pro Bowls

Pro Bowl is BS and even is All Pro sometimes.

Lane Johnson was the only tackle in the NFL to play 450+ snaps and give up 0 sacks. 

Brown allowed 4 in the regular season and 2 in the playoffs. 

He’s a good starter, but he shouldn’t be paid the biggest contract in the league for a tackle.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kolton Miller was the 5th highest paid OT when he signed his extension last offseason and now he's already down to 8th. (3 way tie)

I’ll take Miller and Slater who was a rookie last year > Brown.

He’s competing with Bolles for the 3rd best OT in his own division.

AFC fans especially should be rooting for the Chiefs to make him the highest paid tackle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’ll take Miller and Slater who was a rookie last year > Brown.

He’s competing with Bolles for the 3rd best OT in his own division.

AFC fans especially should be rooting for the Chiefs to make him the highest paid tackle. 

Yeah Kolton is pretty underrated, not elite but definitely good. The Chiefs knew what they were getting into when they traded for him. I still can't believe that we drafted Brandon Parker over him in the 3rd round the same draft we took Miller. Miller/Brown would've been bookend OT for a while.