2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

43 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

surprised Julio hasn't signed with Indy yet. Maybe he can't pass a physical right now? Not even sure if he wants to play, but assuming he does.

I get the OBJ situation. He signed in the middle of the season last year and it worked out incredibly for him. He may just decide to do the same thing again.

I thought Julio to Indy made a lot of sense. I also think Fuller to Cleveland makes a lot of sense.

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I get the OBJ situation. He signed in the middle of the season last year and it worked out incredibly for him. He may just decide to do the same thing again.

I thought Julio to Indy made a lot of sense. I also think Fuller to Cleveland makes a lot of sense.

Unless QB Bill Cosby gets suspended for a long stretch 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

surprised Julio hasn't signed with Indy yet. Maybe he can't pass a physical right now? Not even sure if he wants to play, but assuming he does.

Seems like a lot of the older vets are waiting until closer to training camp so they can just enjoy time off.

The Aaron Donald situation is complex.

He's already making 22.5 million a year in reality but since he gets to be myopic he can pretend he is only making 18.3 a year. Lets ignore that pesky free money the Rams gave him at the start of the contract because that's how guys like Malcolm Jenkins in Philly and Stephone Gilmore in NE roll.

So from his perspective he might want 30 a year or 31 a year and thinks that means 35 million in new money over the next 3 years.  The Rams might think he's under contract but great and they won so bumping him from 22.5 to 28 sounds great and fair, which would be 16.5 in new money over the next 3 years. That's a pretty big divide.

Add in retirement talk and throw an actual lunatic into the process (Kanye) and things could get ugly.

You also have the Cooper Kupp situation which is similar but different (best season ever, not the same longevity of greatness, yes won SB, and he's actually underpaid for his position now even though he got a big raise before) Kupp is also not threatening to retire and did not join a weirdo agency. (Kupp went to the voluntary mini camp) A classic extension makes more sense for Kupp who is only 29 with a lot less wear than Donald who is 31 and has 3 more years of wear at a tough position for longevity.

Edited by SkippyX

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We value the roll over cap. It’s why the media is smoking crack if they think we’re just gonna cut Baker and take that hit.

The hit is the same either way. It has no impact on your roll over

In fact, you should save a little money if you cut him because he apparently has offset language, so whatever someone pays him you'd get back

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Forge said:

The hit is the same either way. It has no impact on your roll over

In fact, you should save a little money if you cut him because he apparently has offset language, so whatever someone pays him you'd get back

Source?

I’ve read that’s completely false. If we release him, he gets ALL of it. Doesn’t matter if another team signs him.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Source?

I’ve read that’s completely false. If we release him, he gets ALL of it. Doesn’t matter if another team signs him.

He does get all of it, his option is guaranteed. Offset language just means he can't double dip between the browns and another team (unless the new team is paying him more). The browns are ostensibly responsible for the balance between his guaranteed figure and what another team pays him. Since the new team has to pay him something, the browns would get at least a small rebate from that. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/24/baker-mayfields-deal-includes-offset-language/

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

He does get all of it, his option is guaranteed. Offset language just means he can't double dip between the browns and another team (unless the new team is paying him more). The browns are ostensibly responsible for the balance between his guaranteed figure and what another team pays him. Since the new team has to pay him something, the browns would get at least a small rebate from that. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/24/baker-mayfields-deal-includes-offset-language/

How much do you think another team would pay him?

On 5/28/2022 at 5:02 PM, SkippyX said:

OBJ signed in the middle of the season last year because he was a member of the Browns for the first 6 weeks then got released. The ACL he tore in the Super Bowl was the same one that he had previously torn and it has been reported that the injury was a result of the first surgery being done incorrectly. He's likely not even going to be ready to play until like November at the earliest so there's no reason for him to commit to a team or vice versa until he's actually healthy. 

I think Julio and Fuller are just waiting until training camp gets closer.